Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AIDA View Post
    All the running processes, your memory, hard drive space, OS version/build, video card, CPU (and what it supports), location, PC language, all the running services, where PSO2 is installed, etc etc etc.
    Very interesting, thanks for sharing.

How exactly does the item translation feature work? It doesn't install any files on the machine, does it?

I ask because I am curious if this proxy is usable for PS4. I know the PS4 can have a proxy configured, but would doing so enable the ability to use said item translations?

I would love to help test it out if you are looking for PS4 testers (I rarely hop on the PC anymore), if it would be beneficial at all to you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal255 View Post
    How exactly does the item translation feature work? It doesn't install any files on the machine, does it?

I ask because I am curious if this proxy is usable for PS4. I know the PS4 can have a proxy configured, but would doing so enable the ability to use said item translations?
    Sorry, but the proxy will not work on a PS4 because PSO2 uses RSA + RC4 encryption for their packets.
    To be able to connect to the proxy you have to also replace the "publickey" stored in the client, and as things are currently, there's no easy way to do that on a PS4.

I was getting concerned about CK's proxy when it came to funding status. I guess this confirms that most people using it aren't paying for it...

That being said, will translations be forced on this Proxy, or is there some way to turn them off? I am studying Japanese, and PSO2 has really helped me with that. I would like to continue playing the vanilla version of the game, but my region is IP blocked, thus I cannot do so.

It also avoids the many complications that tend to come when translation patches are applied.

Basically, if this came with the option of having those translations all off, it would be great.

EDIT: Nevermind, was a dumbass. Didn't see this part.

All translations (item/title/item description/block names) are toggleable - You can turn them off/on!

Good luck with your project.
    Last edited by blkbox11; Nov 16, 2016 at 10:43 PM.

I've always played 100% Vanilla PSO2 since launch (helps being able to read moon runes a decent amount, just don't ask me for translations), but I maaaay keep my eye on this. I like the discord chat idea, and I can't wait to see what the "other features" mentioned at the end of that are. This is really nice, thank you!
    Phantasy Star Lore Whore/ARKS Layer Discord Mod
    カレン (Zysets)- PSO2JP
    Karen - Clementine

Preview looks pretty good, but I have a question - once I send you my account details and password, will I be able to log into PSO2 immediately, or will I have to wait a few months and chase it up in writing?

I'm glad to see development for the game is going forward, but seeing Zapero and Sziadan names on this makes me be wary lol

When you say that it will avoid GG freaking out, is that solely for the Proxy? I believe the Tweaker uses something called GN Field to conceal itself because GG now targets it as a whole, and that system tends to bug out at random for me.

Currently I'm a user of the .bat method as shown by Variant, so hopefully that will still be an option for this as CK's proxy is closing down, and there aren't many other easy and stable ways for me to access the game.
    Last edited by blkbox11; Nov 17, 2016 at 11:10 AM.

Aida, are your reading private messages here ? (I haven't sent yet, I just would like to give an advice and a warning )
    If not, where should I send ?
    Arada - PSO2: Ship 10 - Techer - Team master of Odyssey

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    I'm glad to see development for the game is going forward, but seeing Zapero and Sziadan names on this makes me be wary lol
    I'm curious as to what they did? Mentioned something about hacking?