Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Nier's not all that odd a choice, really. I mean, they've collabed with other post-apoc stuff in the past like Freedom Wars.

Will this Nier Automata collab provide 2B's animation where she went mad if we see her underwear, as lobby action?

This is a reason I am not playing PSO-2 right now...

At first when collaborations began, I felt happy!
    I was like "wow, these are good... I can dress up as characters I love from other games, or make interpretations of them"
    and this felt really nice, and they were loved by the community as well.

Time then moved forward and we arrived at a point where SEGA felt the collaborations were a huge success.
    Wishing to capitalize further off that, they worked on making more and more collaborations.

I then began to think that we were slowly losing our identity as Phantasy Star characters over time as I felt the quality of collaborations were higher than the quality of the costumes we got outside of collaborations. I then began to feel that the more I used collaboration costumes, the less I was into Phantasy Star and the more I was into the characters of the other games too.

For example...
    The FF XIV collaboration...

"Why do I want to spend money to get the Miqu'te start-costume in FF XIV, when I can instead spend that money on an FF XIV Subscription and not have to worry about any of these things? Why was fighting Odin a much better, and more thought out boss battle experience than most boss battles in PSO-2?" and I learned that since collaborations are partnership, all parties involved have a say in how their assets are interpreted in a game.

I also don't like the whole two-week thing.
    I rather SEGA spend more time working on its own scratches for release.

Think about it like this:
    SEGA talks about collaborations
    This means the reputation of two or more companies are at stake here.

This means logically SEGA will spend more time, money, energy, and effort to work on the Collaboratives.
    This means less time is actually spent on the design for fashions and costumes that are tied directly to Phantasy Star.

...and that is not fair to the existing playerbase.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post
    Why do I want to spend money to get the Miqu'te start-costume in FF XIV, when I can instead spend that money on an FF XIV Subscription and not have to worry about any of these things?
    1) You don't have to pay anything in PSO2 for that costume;
    2) Games have core mechanics and their own atmosphere, you know? You don't pick your games based on a single costume you might like, do you? More options is always great. If you happen to like elements from both games, why wouldn't you be happy when there's an intersection happening?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post
    Why was fighting Odin a much better, and more thought out boss battle experience than most boss battles in PSO-2?
    To me Odin is barely more entertaining than Rockbear. All you do is stay out of highlighted ground points and then dump all your might into a long-ass window of him doing literally nothing. Maybe it's a fine fight for a game where your characters are slow, everything is centered around stats and your ability to avoid things is dependent on RNG. For PSO2, however, it's a really primitive experience; it has little to do with player's actual skills.

Is a F2P game, this game is alive thanks to collabs and kawaii costumes. deal with it.

Yeah honestly the FFXIV collab was kind of a let down. The best thing we got out of it was Doom Breaker.

And as aomeone who's basically just used the Karen Repca since it was added with the second Deluxe Package, I really don't care if any of the collab costumes fit with the setting, because 99% of the time I won't use anything but the Karen Repca.

I'm just glad collabs are successful enough that it can keep the game alive.
    Phantasy Star Lore Whore/ARKS Layer Discord Mod
    カレン (Zysets)- PSO2JP
    Karen - Clementine

Collab costumes completely fit the setting of PSO2. It had Rappy costumes since EP1, and bikini swimwears since EP2. Nowadays our characters literally can either walk around in only an unzipped shirt or pretend to be an attack helicopter, all while doing their missions. They can also create water, fly around, form a mass of snow in a shape of Rappy around themselves and lots of other ridiculous things. Cosplaying something that might exist in a parallel universe isn't out of this world at all.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCZ View Post
    Will this Nier Automata collab provide 2B's animation where she went mad if we see her underwear, as lobby action?
    Not likely, that would require specific camera angle to work.

But 2B walk would be welcome.
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

Quote Originally Posted by Sizustar View Post
    Not likely, that would require specific camera angle to work.
    But 2B walk would be welcome.
    I've played the demo, but I don't recall anything special about her walk?