Page 19 of 96 FirstFirst ... 9161718192021222969 ... LastLast

I believe in matching colors because it makes for an aesthetically pleasing look. But it's not as simple as having everything in one color. Rather, we need to consult the color wheel, and colors you use must either be analogous (close to each other on the wheel) or complementary (opposite to each other on the wheel). There are also more sophisticated variations, such as split complementary - two colors next to each other opposite to another one.

To use examples from Andruil's post: Charlotte is in analogous blue-violet colors, so she looks nice. Kayla is reddish-pink, but she also has a strong presence of gold (tiara and the wand) which is neither analogous nor complementary to red, so the colors clash. This could be why several people already said they don't like her current look that much.
    Last edited by TehCubey; Feb 13, 2017 at 08:05 PM.

I have no issues with Kayla's red-gold getup since that color combination has been a tried-tested one. I'd have to agree with Yoshi that the setting is what's off-putting. Heart eyes could work if the shot is mid or close range, but for full body ones such as that it could be a bit creepy looking since that particular eye pattern's luminescence doesn't vanish with distance and steals focus too much

As for color schemes, I try to avoid the one-color-shade for anything. One 'color' is okay, as long as they're different shades of the same color. Even with black they shouldn't all the same, rather they should have some hints of other color undertones. (which is why I burn color passes alot lol)
    Quote Originally Posted by WarSarah View Post
    in other news, accept your angular tits.

Spoiler!

Hello guys, i'm new to the forum here
    sorry if my character pose is stale, i don't have a lot of LAs to pose with, but i really like the base outfit, it goes well with most outer i have so far ~
    Attached Images Attached Images

It's been quite long since the last time i came here.
    So i'll post this here.
    I really like ショートデニム base wear.
    It can blend with many Ou i'll say.
    Spoiler!
    Ship 8 : ライト=ザ=ホワイトエッジ(Light=The=Whiteedge),風間 聡美(Kazama Satomi),CxL=ザ=ブラックエッジ(CxL=The=Blackedge)

Quote Originally Posted by Nyansan View Post
    As for color schemes, I try to avoid the one-color-shade for anything. One 'color' is okay, as long as they're different shades of the same color. Even with black they shouldn't all the same, rather they should have some hints of other color undertones. (which is why I burn color passes alot lol)
    Yeb, or you get stuff like this.
    Spoiler!
    Where you have to use other effects to make things more interesting.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by ixaerii View Post
    Spoiler!

Hello guys, i'm new to the forum here
    sorry if my character pose is stale, i don't have a lot of LAs to pose with, but i really like the base outfit, it goes well with most outer i have so far ~
    This is pretty nice.
    Last edited by yoshiblue; Feb 14, 2017 at 11:45 AM.

Here's my valentine contribution.
    Spoiler!
    Spoiler!
    Which is an updated version of this picture.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by yoshiblue View Post
    Here's my valentine contribution.
    Spoiler!
    Spoiler!
    Which is an updated version of this picture.
    Spoiler!
    YOu look like a present, and that's funny.

Mobile Heavy Armored Cast Sacrificial's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Not enough PJs up in here.

Spoiler!
    "The hidden camera was a succes!" - Enforcer

Quote Originally Posted by Arredoval View Post

Boy I wish smiling facial animations didn't look like shit
    I agree

Moriah
    Spoiler!

MultiCore------------Male Cast~~~~~~~~~~~Moriah----------------Female Dewman
    Zyonyl----------------Male Newman~~~~~~~~Shilka ZSU-----------Female Cast
    Quote Originally Posted by AIDA View Post
    Did you try turning it off and on again?

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    Got some real boring shots, since I was lazy.

My two caseals, Rhian and Erin, in a White Queen/Red Queen look:
    Spoiler!

A minor update to Teresa's standard look thanks to the new inner wear, and the mechanic's outfit because, why not:
    Spoiler!

Noland has his scruff back, and a new jacket:
    Spoiler!

Finally got the blue Innocent Cluster basewear for Charlotte:
    Spoiler!

Kayla in a Valentine's day inspired ensemble:
    Spoiler!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~

There's something I've been wanting to ask for a while: how do you feel about color matching?
    I'm talking about stuff like matching hair and costume colors, or eyes and hair, or eyes and costume, or all three.
    For the first, I only really seem to do that with Noland and Erin, but for Noland it isn't as noticeable since black is such a common and neutral color, and for Erin, the red isn't really matching completely since her hair is more of a natural red-brown hair color. The only one of my characters that matches eye color to costume is Charlotte. Overall, it seems I tend to avoid color matching too much, though in most cases I don't think it is a conscious effort so much as my design sense avoids it.
    Thoughts, opinions, personal annecdotes?
    I like the Valentines...
    I have something similar...

I like having the different shades of red that I see, which does good in the light.
    Funny thing about Valentines Day is how much can go on and can be forgiven for a single day...

Valentines Day is my 3rd Favorite Holiday...
    Its the perfect time to go avant garde!
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Interesting to see everyone's take on my question. *jots down notes* Excellent.

~~~~~~~~

I got the PJs for Kayla, and now she is in a similar state to me when I don't have work:
    Spoiler!