Quote Originally Posted by Zysets View Post
PSU was a complete mess in the West, I eventually imported a JP copy and played on JP servers later on.

PSPo2 was a mess in a different sense though, which I don't really blame SoA for. PSPo2's localization was great in my opinion, and I was really happy they kept a lot of the collaboration content the Japanese version had, like Vocaloid, Fate/Stay, and other anime items. My issue with PSPo2 was that people Pirated it to the point that it basically killed any chances of getting Infinity in the west, plus hacking was absolutely rampant on the Western version's online mode. It wasn't any fun unless you could plan ahead and make sure you were playing with people you knew who didn't cheat.
On top of that, Sega planned to slowly release special item codes overtime through events and online, but people ripped the codes out of the game's code within the first few weeks of release. For shame.

I can even assure this was a problem only in the western release though, because I did import Inifnity when it came out (It was obvious it wasn't going to come west with how bad PSPo2's situation was), and none of that existed on JP version's online mode, interestingly enough.

Basically, Phantasy Star needs a break in the west, as much as I understand how disappointed some people are, it honestly needs a good long break. The most recent Phantasy Star I can think of to have a smooth western release was Phantasy Star Zero, but there's no way to play that online anymore without using an Action Replay or something similar. I guess I still have offline mode.
Cool story, bro.