Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sol_trigger View Post
    lol get real man, japanese , or SEGA is fucking racist they ban foreiger IP because they like it, TW or SEA shutting down wont change anything to their racism shits.

example : Closers JP ban IP all around the world, fun thing they are shutting that game down because of the racism witch hunt which makes nobody cares a shit to play that game, my friend spoke ONE english sentence ingame accidently, then he got banned tomorrow morning LMFAO. SEGA = racism = IP block, TW server shutting down wont change a damn thing so either stop dreaming about IP block lift or keep using proxy
    Closer was ip ban, because that's what the parent company requested, and it wasn't popular, so another company bought the right to it from Sega.

And there have been no ip-ban for Taiwan version, so it shutting down, doesn't really change anything.

Quote Originally Posted by blkbox11 View Post
    Actually, mainland China was the first region to be IP banned from the Japanese servers. That was long before SEA, back in 2013. I might be wrong, but I think they have not lifted the ban since, and China does not have its own version of PSO2 either.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/show...Chinese-(1-13)

Of course, in SEA's case, they could have done it solely for the reason you mentioned - at Asiasoft's request. I just believe it's best not to be too optimistic about it considering that there is another region that has been IP banned permanently. Seeing SEA's potential shutdown as a guarantee that players from the region will be allowed back in JP may be a little too much.

We can only see how this will play out in the coming months.
    China ban, was, because PSO team found out that 99% of RMT are from china, prior to the IP ban, there was tens of thousand of acciybt banned for rule violation and RMT, after the IP ban, next month, there was only a few hundred banned in the next report.
    Last edited by Sizustar; Jan 20, 2017 at 06:19 AM.
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

I think that PSO2 SEA IP blocked everyone outside SEA too... aren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCZ View Post
    I think that PSO2 SEA IP blocked everyone outside SEA too... aren't they?
    Yeah, you have to be in the SEA IP range to play it.

Screenshot dump
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

Quote Originally Posted by Sizustar View Post
    China ban, was, because PSO team found out that 99% of RMT are from china, prior to the IP ban, there was tens of thousand of acciybt banned for rule violation and RMT, after the IP ban, next month, there was only a few hundred banned in the next report.
    I'm aware of that. Just thought that Zysets didn't know that China has in fact been IP banned as well, and not just SEA. China is just proof that they can and have banned an entire country for bad behavior before, no contracts attached.

What I'm basically trying to say is: at this point, we can't be sure if the IP block is just under Asiasoft's contract condition or not - there might be another reason. If/when we know for certain that SEA has shut down and SEA players are logging into JP without issues, then we can confirm that it was just Asiasoft being Asiasoft. But until then, best not to give others false hope (or worry), especially over something barely related like the Taiwan version shutting down. Sometimes these things aren't as clear cut as we'd like to think.
    Last edited by blkbox11; Jan 20, 2017 at 11:09 AM.

I'm curious how did people know that it was AS whose behind the IP block? Been playing SEA version since OB and I've been reading in their forums about questions concerning the IP block and the Moderators answer is to "ask Sega". Not only that what's the point of SEA having an IP block anyway? Wouldn't it better if there's no IP block in the 1st place meaning more players will be able to play which also means an increase in AC spenders specially when the population already decreased compared to the 1st few months of SEA? This has been proven back in 2015 when the IP block in SEA went bonkers and players outside SEA can now play which increased the numbers of players in a single day I think. In my opinion I think SoA is still considering on releasing PSO2 back then (iirc PAX 2012 demo) and so doesn't want its players to play in SEA server thus the reason behind the IP block.

Quote Originally Posted by HardBoiledPapa View Post
    I'm curious how did people know that it was AS whose behind the IP block? Been playing SEA version since OB and I've been reading in their forums about questions concerning the IP block and the Moderators answer is to "ask Sega". Not only that what's the point of SEA having an IP block anyway? Wouldn't it better if there's no IP block in the 1st place meaning more players will be able to play which also means an increase in AC spenders specially when the population already decreased compared to the 1st few months of SEA? This has been proven back in 2015 when the IP block in SEA went bonkers and players outside SEA can now play which increased the numbers of players in a single day I think. In my opinion I think SoA is still considering on releasing PSO2 back then (iirc PAX 2012 demo) and so doesn't want its players to play in SEA server thus the reason behind the IP block.
    Because of Taiwan version having no ip ban, and PSO2 Jp having no ip ban, except China(RMT and Bot) and Sea(Asiasoft's past action)
    And you're over estimating SOA's influence in Sega Sammy

Screenshot dump

Quote Originally Posted by Sizustar View Post
    Because of Taiwan version having no ip ban, and PSO2 Jp having no ip ban, except China(RMT and Bot) and Sea(Asiasoft's past action)
    And you're over estimating SOA's influence in Sega Sammy
    Well Sega does have plans on bringing it to the West so it's not surprising for them to include an IP block in their contract with SEA.

Quote Originally Posted by Arredoval View Post
    I'm asking for help on this because, upon installing it myself, it refuses to launch, nor will the manual patches. The launcher itself just won't work for whatever reason. It's not turning me away because I'm not in Taiwan, it just flat out is not launching at all.

If anyone else can get it to work and patch completely, I'd greatly appreciate you uploading the whole client to mega.nz or somewhere else that can temporarily host it.
    Not sure if I ever managed to launch this version, but I remember some launcher from the gamania website, log-in and launching the game (or another game) was managed from the website, but this was a few years ago so maybe they changed it.

Quote Originally Posted by blkbox11 View Post
    I'm aware of that. Just thought that Zysets didn't know that China has in fact been IP banned as well, and not just SEA. China is just proof that they can and have banned an entire country for bad behavior before, no contracts attached.

What I'm basically trying to say is: at this point, we can't be sure if the IP block is just under Asiasoft's contract condition or not - there might be another reason. If/when we know for certain that SEA has shut down and SEA players are logging into JP without issues, then we can confirm that it was just Asiasoft being Asiasoft. But until then, best not to give others false hope (or worry), especially over something barely related like the Taiwan version shutting down. Sometimes these things aren't as clear cut as we'd like to think.
    I admit to not knowing about China. But I think in that case it's justified if China was a big RMT issue. I just don't think Sega would IP ban most western countries, considering the PSO2 team has acknowledged western players in the past. PSO2 is the only one of Sega's online Japanese games that doesn't have a total IP ban, which I personally believe is because of the PSO2 team.

To add, I don't think us foreigners deserve anything more than being able to play as long as we don't cause trouble, and I'm fine with the lack of support from the team. I feel like it's a fair deal for the situation the game is in here in then west.
    Phantasy Star Lore Whore/ARKS Layer Discord Mod
    カレン (Zysets)- PSO2JP
    Karen - Clementine

Quote Originally Posted by Zysets View Post
    I admit to not knowing about China. But I think in that case it's justified if China was a big RMT issue. I just don't think Sega would IP ban most western countries, considering the PSO2 team has acknowledged western players in the past. PSO2 is the only one of Sega's online Japanese games that doesn't have a total IP ban, which I personally believe is because of the PSO2 team.
    Oh, the major western countries are more or less safe due to SEGA realizing that it's good business. I would say that they would still ban any country that behaved like China did, but as you've said - they've been looking in your direction for some time now. Like Taiwan, who have close ties with Japan as a neighbor, these countries may be exceptions.

There may not be as many western players as some love to think (saying that it's a gamechanger if all western players left, or that western players actually have rights in JP servers, for example, is too much), but they are loving the attention from you guys and it's easy to see that.

As a bonus, the Pound, Euro, Canadian Dollar, the USD, etc., are stronger compared to the yen. So, there are more people who can afford to buy AC and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Zysets View Post
    To add, I don't think us foreigners deserve anything more than being able to play as long as we don't cause trouble, and I'm fine with the lack of support from the team. I feel like it's a fair deal for the situation the game is in here in then west.
    That's what I believe as well. SEGA can do whatever they want and no one outside of Japan can question it, so it's better to leave that to them when or if ever they decide to do it instead of expecting things.

For me, whether that IP block is lifted or not, it would be good enough if the SEA version of the game just had proper closure, like Taiwan's. It's suffered long enough trying to milk the wallets of its target audience.