Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1118192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Solo PD Thread

With the changed tree, still messed up alot and had to use an half doll, but, 18:22, an improvement I guess.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

How much of that time is Double, give or take?

Quote Originally Posted by TehCubey View Post
    How much of that time is Double, give or take?
    Usually around 5:30~6:30, this time I messed up even more than normally and ended at like 6:45 or so.

As long as I can clear it though, I'm okay.
    I just wanna get union boosters.

Sounds like you have more trouble with PD than Double. Consider the following for PD, not only to be faster but to save yourself trouble:

In phase 1 and 2 (before PD's humanoid form appears), ignore bits and just hit parts. If you accidentally break all bits and PD exposes the core good, but other than that just brute force phase changes by attacking PD parts.

In phase 3, attacking bits on purpose makes more sense especially when they circle around you, but if they don't and PD's hand is on the table, consider attacking it instead.

Persona - if you somehow don't deal enough damage to Persona in time and it starts releasing the OHKO attack, start channeling your Photon Blast for 100% immunity, and don't let go of the button until Persona disappears and PD is back. You should be safe.

Phase 4 is pretty trivial whether you beat Persona or not, just make sure not to get killed by the big laser by mistake.

Sounds like you have more trouble with PD than Double. Consider the following for PD, not only to be faster but to save yourself trouble:

In phase 1 and 2 (before PD's humanoid form appears), ignore bits and just hit parts. If you accidentally break all bits and PD exposes the core good, but other than that just brute force phase changes by attacking PD parts.

In phase 3, attacking bits on purpose makes more sense especially when they circle around you, but if they don't and PD's hand is on the table, consider attacking it instead.

Persona - if you somehow don't deal enough damage to Persona in time and it starts releasing the OHKO attack, start channeling your Photon Blast for 100% immunity, and don't let go of the button until Persona disappears and PD is back. You should be safe.

Phase 4 is pretty trivial whether you beat Persona or not, just make sure not to get killed by the big laser by mistake.

So when PD is in Floating space flower mode attack his bits ignore the Eye floaters?

When pd blossoms from the flower attack Eye floaters or his hand if that is on the platform?

persona and last and pretty simple.

Tried so and improved a bit more, 16:07.

>Spend one week reaffixing weapons, hunting down the best timed abilities, farming gold badges to buy triggers to practice Gunner technique with to finally get S rank
    >Decide to play Bouncer on one EQ for chuckles
    >Get S rank on the first try with half assed gear
    >MFW
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Xaeris View Post
    >Spend one week reaffixing weapons, hunting down the best timed abilities, farming gold badges to buy triggers to practice Gunner technique with to finally get S rank
    >Decide to play Bouncer on one EQ for chuckles
    >Get S rank on the first try with half assed gear
    >MFW
    Spoiler!
    Gunner is a weakling, didn't ya know?

*This noob decided to attempt Bouncer instead of Fighter for chuckles with half-assed gear like Xaeris*

*This noob still doesn't get an S-rank*

And then there's this noob with a +35 Union DB affixed with Astral Soul, Love Fever, Modulator, Power III, and Flict Arma, with mildly half-assed Autere Rear + Austere Arm + Whitill Leg units (Union affixes wiped out all my meseta, but all have at least 80 S-Atk and a good chunk of PP) still can't S-Rank with it. I've tried cheesing it a couple times with a BR/HU using Xie Katana and, while it's an easy clear, it wasn't any better than my BO/HU times. I have 6 clears under my belt and none of them have had more than 4 minutes remaining on the clock. Double I can usually take out in under 5 minutes, PD is what gives me a majority of my problems.

If it's not constantly flying around in the air or staying out of reach, it's my frequently whiffed attacks, lock-on never targeting what I want, poor PP management, weapon switch mistakes, and poor timing on using hotbar abilities that get me. Only one of those is RNG, the rest is all on me. Definitely saving those triggers for 80/80 so I have some hope of S-ranking this thing. I don't care if it's cheating, I just want that title.
    PSO2 - Ian: Level 90/90 Human Bouncer/Hunter