Page 51 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4148495051525354 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tournesol View Post
    Reason why you guys still in ditchers pool is because your winrate is too high (compared to normal players) and since theres not many else with such rate - its difficult to get 12/12 MPA on some hours.
    So you're saying that people who's playing it right and always win often will go to the ditcher pool? Lool.

Minor note, but Protection is getting nerfed to 1 use after May 10th maint. I'm going to assume this has a lot to do with YOLO Sword wielders with Protection trying to steamroll people.

Also, you can't use LAs in Arena because of LA Cancelling.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

It's also because in most cases, protection is the only thing people ever pick when its available to them. I've had to formulate my strategies recently to assume everyone has protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrise View Post
    It's also because in most cases, protection is the only thing people ever pick when its available to them. I've had to formulate my strategies recently to assume everyone has protection.
    Ive only just started playing Battle Arena and I already know what you mean... Barrier pretty much makes them immortal for its duration unless the entire team focus fires them, which isnt gonna happen.

Why I usually pick Stun Shot now when its available and just save that for if someone Barrier rushes me or if I dont have a weapon with good stagger like a Bullet Bow or Staff. You can pretty much out space and chain stun people with Bullet Bow Charge shots, its pretty funny.

Really? I never take Protection, mainly because whenever I do, I always get gimped by some Sword wielder spamming Rising Edge until it wears off. I prefer Stun Shot, since it guarantees 1v1 wins.
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Try running protection with a boots or rifle, any PA. You can drop a lot of people pretty quickly...

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    Really? I never take Protection, mainly because whenever I do, I always get gimped by some Sword wielder spamming Rising Edge until it wears off. I prefer Stun Shot, since it guarantees 1v1 wins.
    Well most people I see in the Arena tend to not know you can mash like a master to escape stun shot in little under a second.

Yeah. Stunshot is only good for stopping oncoming rushes. Or if you pre-emptively combo it with last nemesis or anything that moves fast and kills immediately, like granwave.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrise View Post
    Try running protection with a boots or rifle, any PA. You can drop a lot of people pretty quickly...
    I tried this once, but I guess I didn't do it right, since I happened to run into this guy who got first hit and stunlocked me until Protection subsided, then he killed me. I blame overseas latency.

Getting stunlocked is typical if you're fighting other sword users up close. You need something that puts a gap between you and the enemy or can close that gap safely or quickly. Gran wave can do that (a little too well actually), and strike gust boots would allow you to close in on most people before they even realize you're there. With guns, you can just pelt them entirely. Techs don't work so well because you'd empty out your PP quickly but then what do you do after that?

Unless you're the type who only busts out protection to keep yourself alive from incoming assaults as opposed to using it to cause havoc (not really a bad idea if you have megid - aim at the floor underneath you and everything around you would drop dead).