Page 10 of 61 FirstFirst ... 789101112132060 ... LastLast

I loathe Volcano, but maybe that's because I try and use swords more often than not. Once the lava rises your flanking options become limited and its VERY easy to see someone trying to flank and pick them off, plus it takes more time.

Tokyo is fun if you can abuse the low ground and cover to stay out of reach, but its easy for people to drop down on you too. Already had a match where I got to single handedly wipe the entire enemy team simply because I was able to drop down and surprise them, and I've had it happen to me a couple of times already too. Due to latency you don't really seem to see the person drop down before they start attacking and by then its usually too late.

Forest is definitely my favorite, and I feel its the most well balanced of the 3, you have plenty of options and the middle area is very open, so control often shifts between both sides a lot.

For me, from favorite to least it's Tokyo, Forest, Volcano. I like how the control point is not directly in the middle of Tokyo, so it allows for some creative maneuvering to get to and control it; I hate and love when people pop up from behind and can just take a unprepared team by surprise. I had a run in Tokyo where we were in control of the point and were set to win by a large margin, then just ten seconds before the end, half the enemy team came up from behind with the other half coming from the front and wiped us out, between the point loss for the a full team wipe and gaining the rainbow emblems there, they pulled off a massive turnaround victory; it was awesome and frustrating at the same time.

I don't know if it is time of day, but I've sure had enough of super duper latency ninja. Can't wait until I get done ranking up for achievements.

Or it might be the fact that I have still seen 0 +1s in the scratch. Not sure which is bugging me more.
    Last edited by Vatallus; Mar 8, 2017 at 08:00 PM.

don't know why but i got 630 everytime i tried to go to battle arena channel or entering a match

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    Just an inquiry, but what's your favorite map so far? I'm a fan of Tokyo so far because of the underground sneak attack shenanigans.
    Forest. I have the most success in terrorizing people with Megid in that map.

Quote Originally Posted by hoangsea View Post
    don't know why but i got 630 everytime i tried to go to battle arena channel or entering a match
    It was announced in-game, but people were having trouble starting PvP runs, so just the Shared Ship is having an emergency maintenance from 12:00 - 15:00 JST (10PM - 1AM EST).
    Aaaaand they just announced that Shared Ship is back up as of 12:45 JST.
    Last edited by kurokyosuke; Mar 8, 2017 at 11:31 PM.

Seems like the battle scratch will list all 3 items in those panels. Make sure to spend your SG when grind cap +1 shows up.

Wonder if the display in battle shop is determined by your rank. I cannot seem to find girad camo/rapid costume/shiny units in there.

Quote Originally Posted by sparab View Post
    Seems like the battle scratch will list all 3 items in those panels. Make sure to spend your SG when grind cap +1 shows up.

Wonder if the display in battle shop is determined by your rank. I cannot seem to find girad camo/rapid costume/shiny units in there.
    I think it's just RNG. I got the Girad Rod camo way back in C Rank within the first two hours of the game opening after maint.

EDIT: Misinterpreted your post. Girad camos are in Battle Scratch; Rapid outfits and Shine Units are in Limited Shop (second option).
    Last edited by Altiea; Mar 9, 2017 at 01:02 AM.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Man, levelling past A4 is getting pretty difficult. Normally, from D5-A5 you get 20ARP per win and 5 per loss. Until A4 that is. Then you're losing 10 per loss. I'm hearing that S gets worse, -20ARP if you lose, so you probably have to win about 25 matches straight...

I was stuck at A4 earlier. Kept losing more than I was winning no matter how much effort I put in so I just stopped and took a nap.

Also -20 for a loss when its +20 for a win at S rank? That system is as shitty as the one World of Warships uses in their ranked but WoWS uses it from the very start...
    Last edited by Vatallus; Mar 9, 2017 at 03:49 AM.