Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

The earliest I've found of this stupid rumor's origin would have to be on bumped I believe. Sega said no new skills and some frickin idiot thought they meant no SP for going from 75 to 80. That, I believe, is where it originated but where did this guy hear it who the hell knows. This is about the 18th time on psoworld alone that I've seen someone make a thread or post about this stupid rumor.

Well, I wasn't gonna believe any random rumor our I heard. Bumped didn't have the info and so I asked here.
    First post actually mocked me as if I was stupid for believing lvl 80 could possibly give us the expected SP and if I should know by now SEGA always does BS like this.

And in fact they do which is why I get sick and tired of it. I used to have 40+ people in my friend list that were active nearly every day and I myself used to play several hours every day.
    By now a handful of them are still active frequently (well, just before I started my hiatus), half are logging in once every few weeks and the rest stopped playing entirely.

When talking to people ingame I often hear this same kind of stuff.
    PSO2 is amazing at first but sooner or later you get fed up with the BS. Just having a large amount of accounts that are rarely used doesn't do anything for sega. What they want is very active players with lots of incentives to buy AC and they certainly don't get those this way.

People that play a lot have many reasons to buy AC, but very few people spend money on a game they don't like that much or they don't play all that often.
    At this point Sega seems to have mostly stopped caring about most of the players and mainly focus on getting new players that spend at least some money before they get tired of the game as well as the niche group of people that buys AC like mad no matter what because they are probably the main source of PSO2's profit.
    As someone that spent a lot of money on the game when I really liked it but over years has seen Sega implement change after change that made me enjoy the game less and less so that I lost all reason to spend money on it and now have a hard time enjoying a game that was for a while my favorite game ever, I can't help but get pissed every time Sega does BS like eq quitter banning with so little concrete info that it's no wonder we imagine the worst case scenario.

Anyway, thanks even if it was in such a roundabout way. Getting the expected 5SP from lvl 80 is enough motivation for me to lvl up, even if we don't get new and harder content.
    Last edited by Ryuhou; Mar 14, 2017 at 08:09 AM.

Isn't it only 8 days to prove this?

According to Bumped, skill reset passes will be distributed when the level 80 cap goes live. There would be no need for skill reset passes if no new skill points come with the new levels, because there would be literally no change to skill trees at all without the extra points. So, I don't give much credibility to this rumor.

I would welcome the generous gift of skill reset passes given for no real reason, but I don't see it happening.
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Emerald EXE View Post
    This could of been asked in the Quick Question thread =/
    It could of but should it of? Might of be it shouldn't of

You seem to be confused. The rumour is that no new SkillPoints are coming, which is false. That no new skills are coming was officially stated.

The resets if they are happening (I've not seen the news on it myself) seems reasonable as 5 extra SP could change the potential builds people could run with.

vvv: Thanks.
    Last edited by Raujinn; Mar 14, 2017 at 10:03 AM.

Skill reset passes are confirmed with the 80 cap
    Source: http://pso2.jp/players/update/20170308/02/
    Quote Originally Posted by WarSarah View Post
    in other news, accept your angular tits.

When it was first announced Bump did indeed say that lv 80 would give no SP.

Quote Originally Posted by Vatallus View Post
    When it was first announced Bump did indeed say that lv 80 would give no SP.
    No we did not. That came from someone in the comments section. Someone was taking about Sega not adding any skills, which led to someone else thinking it meant no new skill points.

Now we have a source from the comment section.

Echidna On Jan 10: It was confirmed that there will be no new class skills, just 5 sp more, so this quest requirement is probably the main incentive to level up.

THK on Jan 29: And again, the 80 cap ain’t that serious. It’s be previously mentioned there won’t be additional SP for it, so it really doesn’t matter UNTIL there’s content that requires 80 cap and I doubt that’ll be for a while.
    Last edited by WBMike; Mar 14, 2017 at 11:30 AM.

We're getting SP; we're just not getting skills. They may be saving new skills for the new episode if there is one.

This rumor and the "Mother goes away next week!" one popped out of nowhere and are just plain silly