Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Next unit upgrade question.

I'm pretty new and I'm currently I am using gloom/gloom/luxe.

I think it's time to upgrade what I'm using.

I was thinking of upgrading to full Saiki but I hear that it has become outdated.

I happened to get an Izane arm so I saw people with setups

Invade/Izane/invade

This would be more s-attack and slightly less pp.

Saiha/Izane/saiha

This would be a crapton of HP but no pp.

I think these are my only options available within reach and that don't rely on future drops.

I really want to use the Izane arm for something so I can get an extra ring.

Or I can just settle for Saiki.

You guys have any suggestions?

Saiki isn't exactly outdated, it still works perfectly fine. Very accessible, good defenses, great PP, high versatility etc. The "modern" setups like Austere+Circ Ray or w/e are not so much of an upgrade, and they take quite a bit of effort+luck.

You definitely want to be going for Saiki, it's the best set to be getting as a stop-gap before 12* units.

Austere is pretty good, but it's not worth the cost when 12* units are a far better investment (and work better since rings!).

So right now:

Gloam → Saiki → Izane (or Union if you can't get full set)

Is what you should be going for.

Austere set+ 12* leg or Double set +12* rear would be ideal stat wise. If you dont mind the ring slot from the 12* unit, then saiki is not that much far behind.

Austere rear + arm and whatever 12* leg you can find. It's less affordable than saiki but works so much better.

Full set Izane might be better than the above setup (good luck getting all three pieces to drop though), but Union isn't. Upgrade to a full Union set only if you are desperate for more ring slots.

EDIT: If you lack money or don't have any 12* legs, saiki set is acceptable too. It's just a stepping stone rather than something to really aim for.
    Last edited by TehCubey; Mar 15, 2017 at 04:07 PM.

For S-atk classes, would Izane/Deadlion/Izane be better or worse than full Izane set?

ignore cube and just go for full 12* set.. union or izane.. melee really benefits more from the rings
    Last edited by Flaoc; Mar 16, 2017 at 02:55 AM.

Also, RaHu, really benefits from 12* Units 'cause of rings like Non-Weak Bonus, P Weak Bullet, Air Reversal, Jumping Dodge.

Quote Originally Posted by Dualdiamond View Post
    For S-atk classes, would Izane/Deadlion/Izane be better or worse than full Izane set?
    Full Izane is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Falco View Post
    ignore cube and just go for full 12* set.. union or izane.. melee really benefits more from the rings
    I'll bite. What kind of L-rings are so must-have for melee that you need more than two equipped at the same time?

Please provide specific examples.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangelion X.XX View Post
    Also, RaHu, really benefits from 12* Units 'cause of rings like Non-Weak Bonus, P Weak Bullet, Air Reversal, Jumping Dodge.
    Non-Weak Bonus: good ring but situational, equip when you are using a launcher and not all the time.

P Weak Bullet: crutch. Good players don't need it.

Air Reversal: decently useful - for melee. If you get thrown into the air so many times that you get decent mileage out of this as a RA, something is wrong.

Jumping Dodge: admittedly I was never interested in this one, but it looked too long and awkward to use. Could be useful for RA, I don't know.
    Last edited by TehCubey; Mar 16, 2017 at 05:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TehCubey View Post
    Non-Weak Bonus: good ring but situational, equip when you are using a launcher and not all the time.

P Weak Bullet: crutch. Good players don't need it.

Air Reversal: decently useful - for melee. If you get thrown into the air so many times that you get decent mileage out of this as a RA, something is wrong.

Jumping Dodge: admittedly I was never interested in this one, but it looked too long and awkward to use. Could be useful for RA, I don't know.
    The thing is that RA main has limited options as to what Rings to take. You're probably gonna be putting these on as Ring Skills because there are only so many other options.

Also, Jumping Dodge has i-frames. Having enough altitude to not get hit is also very good for Ranged, as Gunners can probably attest.
    Last edited by Altiea; Mar 16, 2017 at 05:37 AM.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]