Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011

You can't really call it a Maron nerf or CT nerf imo. There are other ways to hit over 999,999 without either of those two. Anything that can hit over 999,999 is going to be affected by this change.

Instead of them looking at why Maron is used so much, or why people are using CT with non gunner weapons, they just throw a blanket nerf and hit everyone with it. Some examples of other things that could hit over 999,999 in the right conditions are:

Non CT Banish Arrow
    Non CT Vol Graptor
    Final hit of Il Barta
    Namegid

I've seen a video of a player hitting Bal Rodos with Backhand Smash for 999,999+. So I'm sure the same can be done to Vibrace.

There is obviously more but I think I made my point. Not only SU/GU or Maron is getting hit. Not only CT is getting hit. A lot of things and situations are getting hit with this. Deus Esca will be the first instance of it and if it is anything like the Weak Bullet jamming then we'll see it everywhere in future content also.

I would suggest a Maron nerf or CT rebalance for non gunners before doing such a blanket nerf, but Sega probably doesn't want to listen to the "but ma playstyle!!11!!!11" complaints anymore.

Is there any confirmation that deus will or will not require level 80/80?

Quote Originally Posted by rsod View Post
    Is there any confirmation that deus will or will not require level 80/80?
    No 80/80. That won't arrive for quite a while.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

If something requires 80/80 they would have mentioned it way beforehand

Quote Originally Posted by Vatallus View Post
    You can't really call it a Maron nerf or CT nerf imo. There are other ways to hit over 999,999 without either of those two. Anything that can hit over 999,999 is going to be affected by this change.

Instead of them looking at why Maron is used so much, or why people are using CT with non gunner weapons, they just throw a blanket nerf and hit everyone with it. Some examples of other things that could hit over 999,999 in the right conditions are:

Non CT Banish Arrow
    Non CT Vol Graptor
    Final hit of Il Barta
    Namegid

I've seen a video of a player hitting Bal Rodos with Backhand Smash for 999,999+. So I'm sure the same can be done to Vibrace.

There is obviously more but I think I made my point. Not only SU/GU or Maron is getting hit. Not only CT is getting hit. A lot of things and situations are getting hit with this. Deus Esca will be the first instance of it and if it is anything like the Weak Bullet jamming then we'll see it everywhere in future content also.

I would suggest a Maron nerf or CT rebalance for non gunners before doing such a blanket nerf, but Sega probably doesn't want to listen to the "but ma playstyle!!11!!!11" complaints anymore.

I think you're missing the part where the first sentence already stated that they're overhauling chain marons for Episode 5 which is the nerf part of the news.

I think it's because in the short term, it's unhealthy for the game. If the cap sticks for future content, it could be bad, but if this is literally a temporary "band-aid" fix that will be removed later on, maybe there won't be so much controversy.
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Ah thanks, so nothing I really need to worry about. TBH I'm satisfied if I can do 999.999 damage with a CT even if it's a single hit PA / tech.
    And even if CT+Ilbarta is pointless now, CT + Barantsion is still a ton of damage.

Well, mainly because I saw people do absurd things with it. You should not be able to take down a final boss (like Luther) in one CT with only a second person supplying WB and nothing else.

Of course there are a variety of op things in the game that all need to be fixed to create something resembling balance (like aforementioned CT + Compound tech actually).

In the end, this nerf should not actually a problem for anyone except people that must finish Magatsu in 30 seconds or stuff like that. You can beat Magatsu in a very short time without CT users with other classes and even with 8 people and no WB I've beat him in 4-5 minutes, not like the absurd damage from CT is actually necessary.
    But it destroys all balance when some people can kill bosses this fast when the majority are casuals that have trouble beating the boss in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuhou View Post
    Ah thanks, so nothing I really need to worry about. TBH I'm satisfied if I can do 999.999 damage with a CT even if it's a single hit PA / tech.
    And even if CT+Ilbarta is pointless now, CT + Barantsion is still a ton of damage.

Well, mainly because I saw people do absurd things with it. You should not be able to take down a final boss (like Luther) in one CT with only a second person supplying WB and nothing else.

Of course there are a variety of op things in the game that all need to be fixed to create something resembling balance (like aforementioned CT + Compound tech actually).

In the end, this nerf should not actually a problem for anyone except people that must finish Magatsu in 30 seconds or stuff like that. You can beat Magatsu in a very short time without CT users with other classes and even with 8 people and no WB I've beat him in 4-5 minutes, not like the absurd damage from CT is actually necessary.
    But it destroys all balance when some people can kill bosses this fast when the majority are casuals that have trouble beating the boss in the first place.
    The thing is that Chain Banish setups are very hard to do outside of organized play. You will pretty much never see Chain Banish ever performed by "accident", if you will, and the strat is difficult to execute properly in the sense that it's somewhat inconsistent. Sure, you can nuke a raid boss in two minutes, but how much time do you need to spend actually doing it right?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuhou View Post

Also don't forget that most of the bosses you're talking about are vastly outdated compared to current gear, even in XH : I love Loser, but poor guy can be soloed in 5 minutes or so by a vast majority of the usual combo classes out there, and a BR/RA guy downed it in 50 seconds solo. It's just Loser being too weak to anything ranged, not having enough HP, and being stunned in such a variety of ways that it can pretty much be killed before even moving an inch. Magatsu suffers from the same stunlock issue (and wb still not being jammed for those makes the issue even more glaring), hence why more recent raid bosses like Mother and PD are more scripted, harder to stun, don't have readily accessible weak points, and WB has been jammed for those.
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Apr 6, 2017 at 03:24 AM.