Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Hints at what the next collab MIGHT be

Hmm what could it be

Picture couldn't be any smaller I know. But it is apparently an interview with SAO to do a collab with PSO2. You know that awesome anime that had a great premise but then was quickly destroyed the longer it went on.

Enjoy the free salt everyone because I for one HATE THIS. How about you?

*edit*
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestriden View Post
    By the way this doesn't ralllly hint towards a collab it was an interview that was done on the creative process of MMO's. If this was organized by Sega then yeah I'd say it's a hint but these dual interviews happen a lot with Dengeki and Famitsu.
    Last edited by IchijinKali; Apr 6, 2017 at 05:14 AM.

I am indifferent about SAO in general, but I did like some of the costume designs; unfortunately, it will likely just be Kirito's and Asuna's Aincrad outfits and weapons.

are we gonna have "cant log out of the game" again?

Side note, but I think it's just Fairy Dance that killed SAO. I was told that GGO was actually a decent arc.

Anyways, we already have not-SAO *coughBlancNoircough*, and it wouldn't really be that far out of the ballpark as far as a run-of-the-mill collab is concerned. However, collabs typically run when there is something to promote, so I wouldn't count my blessings.

... Oh wait, I forgot the SAO x Accel World crossover game was a thing (hence the article). Guess there is something to promote. Er... A "Reki Kawahara" cross collab? That'd be interesting (especially since AW doesn't get nearly as much flak as SAO does even though they're penned by the same guy).
    Last edited by Altiea; Apr 6, 2017 at 12:40 AM.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    Side note, but I think it's just Fairy Dance that killed SAO. I was told that GGO was actually a decent arc.
    I have watched everything about SAO just so I can have an actual opinion about it instead of just following crowd of its an insult to both anime fans and MMO players.

I can say SAO was fine just too many times I was like wha how would that work in an MMO but when that ended well. Then it became about ALO which quite honestly couldn't end fast enough and the whole subplot with his cousin was quite honestly a worthless point to have. GGO was better off having actual stakes in it opposed to just mer she is still stuck and parents are marrying her off to pedo. But it couldn't resist having another character fall for Kazuto but at least we saw her do more than just want to get into Kazuto's pants.

Now the stupid Mother's Rosario arc that is when I had lost all the little vested interest GGO had gained and the Calibur 'arc' had mostly retained. All I saw was here is a character that is going to die CARE FOR HER DAMN YOU, oh and Asuna has issues with mother.

Meh. SAO's problem was never its music or art, so getting its costumes and discs is pretty cool. As long as its terrible plot and characters stay at home, we're good.

SAO pattern that I really don't like

Introduce Girl to fall for MC
    MC is awesome
    ah a not so important support character that we didn't actually care appear
    MC is awesome
    Introduce new Girl to fall for MC
    MC is awesome
    and disgusting irredeemable villain to make MC look more awesome

Still... I'm once a fan of SAO light novel
    but grow really tired of it plot that seem endlessly loop with same pattern
    the character design are very nice
    abec did a very great job at that.. It would be nice to get some of those outfit if there actually a collab
    Last edited by mickbis; Apr 6, 2017 at 01:21 AM.

"Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

I've become mostly deadened to collabs because I never see things I really like, so this is all pretty meh without considering I never even watched SAO in the first place.
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

I remember people talking about SAO a ton on PSO2 maybe 3 or so years ago and then all talking stopped abruptly a little while after that.

The thing as a whole never caught my interest, but I do know if I see something on a scratch I like, I will buy it. Whether I like wherever the outfit is from or not.

Quote Originally Posted by [Ayumi] View Post
    I remember people talking about SAO a ton on PSO2 maybe 3 or so years ago and then all talking stopped abruptly a little while after that.

The thing as a whole never caught my interest, but I do know if I see something on a scratch I like, I will buy it. Whether I like wherever the outfit is from or not.
    SAO is massively popular at that time
    maybe at around Season 2 now it die down a lot due to the time
    SAO is actually one of the very first Light Novel that many people followed due to English translation and it actually good at that time ( Volume 1 )
    now.. a lot of better novel is out there and SAO is just slowly forgotten overtime