Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ohpz View Post
    I don't understand why they keep adding these pointless requirements for expert block entry. All this does is make me curious about how many players could get into an expert block that required you to have all of the more difficult player skill based solo titles... S-rank solo PD + H&H 6-10 + 6-10 BoC + S-rank Phaleg ...without all the unnecessary "weapon +35NT, lvl 80 cap, *12 unit" nonsense they keep tacking on.

How much different would the pug experience be in such a block? I'm guessing the difference would be staggeringly noticeable compared to what we currently have...
    Everyone would stop caring about all other classes except using Maron to get passed all the solo stuff. Equipment quality and affix would still suck.

Rappy Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by ohpz View Post
    I don't understand why they keep adding these pointless requirements for expert block entry. All this does is make me curious about how many players could get into an expert block that required you to have all of the more difficult player skill based solo titles... S-rank solo PD + H&H 6-10 + 6-10 BoC + S-rank Phaleg ...without all the unnecessary "weapon +35NT, lvl 80 cap, *12 unit" nonsense they keep tacking on.

How much different would the pug experience be in such a block? I'm guessing the difference would be staggeringly noticeable compared to what we currently have...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dualdiamond View Post
    Everyone would stop caring about all other classes except using Maron to get passed all the solo stuff. Equipment quality and affix would still suck.
    True considering all the solo titles can be cheesed with Maron. Then it'd still fail if they made requirements per class because then you'd have very few people that could pull off said titles on support classes. Overall it's a lose/lose situation. As pointless as the requirements are now there isn't much they could do to make them better since Maron exists.

consider entry into expert blocks a perk.
    a perk that one must earn. regardless of how easy or difficult or grindy the task(s), in the long run these requirements are causing people to at least inquire about things quite relevant to endgame that he or she probably would have continued to ignore had expert blocks not come into existence.

people that never cared about class cube skill points now try to earn them. and apply them. and ask for help on skill trees (i really wish skill trees could be saved and loaded like este files...)

people that never learned the nt grinding system are now doing all possible to learn it.

people that had never ground units, wearing them as they dropped — as one would in classic rpg, for example — will now have incentive to learn that units can be ground, and even have rings attached

i empathize with all those who multishipped and poured so much effort and time into austere, etc. i empathize with all those who did crazy affixes in a boost week only to see better units come out right after. i empathize with a lot of the sentiment — i really do empathize with how many reading this may feel, but, maybe even for the most part, these changes are not about you. it seems clear that sega wishes to add content, better or worse, that will probably require equipment of a higher standard than that to which people currently, typically aspire. (please note the announcement that sega will be experimenting with +100% HP, +100% damage buff for mobs in the super near future; and they may roll this out beyond level up quests pending their metrics [sega loves numbers :3]). and while many reading this already have powerful OT weapons, there are many more who do not. if sega does not raise the effort floor; if sega does not do things like make taking tutorials mandatory to unlock new areas, the lowest common denominator will be that much lower (and not necessarily because he or she does not care, but because he or she may not even know the whys or the whats). still worse, in order to not instigate and marginalize this low denominator (and the profit many of them bring), sega might have become more reluctant to do things many have clamoured for: higher level content, ultra hard, and the like. it's better to nudge new players with relatively easy requirements in the form of client orders than to just unleash hell on spectacularly undergeared people, cause them to feel like failures (or whatever the individual's emotional response to an abrupt [to them] difficulty increase relative to that of many others who are already geared and complaining how easy easy yolo solo oneshot it is) and exasperate them to quitting.

frankly, i applaud sega for at least trying to move everyone forward. i applaud their making sure people, yes even those with austere, have at least tried to grind an NT, have at least tried to get 12* units, and maybe even learn about ring setting and big individual unit boosts (vis a vis set bonuses) on the way. i applaud sega for actually trying to get people to learn about skill point client orders. however, i wish that since they unlock titles, simply having the class title would complete each of the four orders on every other character. it is tedious, hu being the universal sub, to have to get 21 cubes for the points on other characters (just for the points themselves, i realize koffie's unlock is satisfied over the account). basically, i applaud sega for trying to future proof the game and nudge people towards learning more about the game itself (and get ready, in many cases apparently, against their will, for new stuff that sega has planned [1.5 years in advance, it seems]).

"Expert block is a perk that must be earned"

>earned

"earned" imo

sure!

at XH level, a person has two options, maybe three:
    1.) pug on extra hard.
    2.) pug on expert.
    3.) play with friends/team/like mindeds.

1 and 3 are free. 2 requires people do things he or she otherwise might not have for a specific gain. rather, it would be considered gain for most people, from what i hear. for those likely to simply tick option 3 anyway, probably not so much.

oh! forgot to write..

sega may well bump the requirements to include one (or all?!) of the various solo titles, however it would be unwise now.

the way sega is doing things makes sense in a way:

first, sega required people to do xh solo things. this was the reality check many needed to realize something is not right, "why can't i do this??" as well as realize that it is key to be aware of surroundings, notice boss patterns, etc.

subsequently, sega required people to learn about class cubes(?). people who might never have bothered to even consider these, maybe even exchanging class cubes for excubes to sell as soon as they got them, now do so. and what happens when one has those fun new points in the upper right of his or her tree (surely it was confirmed the cake wasn't a lie)? she or he may begin to head-scratch, wondering intently, "where can i put these?" and so might google and or ask. win!

then the weapon requirement? nt grinding to 35 invariably forces element to maximum. this is a huge bonus many have actually been missing out. plus, all new weapons come as nt, better learn now than never.

now units.

all these things nudge people to explore the actual mechanics and equipment progression stuff they might have ignored for one just more minute of lobby dancing time, for example.

sega seems to be adding in requirements for expert blocks over time as well as gathering a ton of data on how people are progressing to the point they are beginning to become confident enough to predict based on their metrics what percent of their player base can complete a given task.

it may well be that sega will flip the switch on srank requirements, but that time is not now for whatever reason, for better or worse. what may make some sleep well at night: if these slowly added requirements were data points, one might say they would make a line sloping upward in a direction facing, the potential at least, of the addition of the ever lovely and delightful and special and magical and wonderful super duper game-fixer srank requirement currently demon sealed confined to the daydreams of some. the real question is, would this be a good thing? i don't have sega's numbers, obviously, but here's some thought fodder for you to affix: consider the fact that many who could meet this requirement not only do not the scheduled pug (but will trigger!) in many cases, but in some rare cases, seemingly derive some sort of twisted pleasure mocking those who do (or "have to"). i'll let you do the math.

The obvious problem is that all the Expert Block requirements can cheesed in some way. Expert Block requirements are in no way a challenge and only exist to separate the people who actually want to play and the people who don't really care.

1. Solo XQ 1-5 Title: Meme Slayer/KC Guren.
    2. +35 13*: Get a Pet off CF and get it to Lv. 120, takes around two weeks.
    3. 12* Units: Welfare 12*s, then find UQ AMD parties until one of them gets S Rank.
    4. SPCOs: Literally just play the game.

Bumping Solo XQ Titles to requirements wouldn't be much of an improvement, it'd just be arming a lot of people with Dragon Slayers.
    Last edited by Altiea; May 14, 2017 at 05:00 PM.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    Expert Block requirements are in no way a challenge and only exist to separate the people who actually want to play and the people who don't really care.

Bumping Solo XQ Titles to requirements wouldn't be much of an improvement, it'd just be arming a lot of people with Dragon Slayers.
    i agree on both accounts! the "now" prompting the realization described in the first sentence above may even be intentional on sega's part; the second is true as well: it is impossible to change a person's mentality. if a person wants to cheat themselves in the long run and cheese, they will. this very thing may have informed sega's decision to begin banning people who had others log in to their accounts to pass stuff.

sega seems to be just casting a broad net and hoping enough people care about actual self improvement to not settle to cheesy breezy.

as an aside: many (here?) have clamored for new quests (or even buffed older ones) from which a large amount of excitement may be derived from knowing that failure is not only possible, but probable. for some who have only known xh content on xh blocks (as currently stratified), they are living that reality quite often, and some, one might be surprised to know, may actually be... having the time of their lives in a really, really fun game.

the hell with the requirement of the units , i mean like the solo XQ its not a hard enough barrier along with having a +35 13* weapon they came with this , i mean i never meet stupid people in expert blocks ( sorry but outside of these i lost my hope U_U) . why the hell they need to implement that measure also there is no good 12* unit set as far as i know

the only thing im sure is the newcomers are gonna quit really fast if they know all the requirements ):

Quote Originally Posted by silo1991 View Post
    the hell with the requirement of the units , i mean like the solo XQ its not a hard enough barrier along with having a +35 13* weapon they came with this , i mean i never meet stupid people in expert blocks ( sorry but outside of these i lost my hope U_U) . why the hell they need to implement that measure also there is no good 12* unit set as far as i know

the only thing im sure is the newcomers are gonna quit really fast if they know all the requirements ):
    So Union Units aren't a thing?

Just buy welfare 12*s from Badge Shop and get Gix Arm.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]