Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 192627282930313239 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sparab View Post
    Updated for Gracia raid! I wonder what is the chance of clearing this quest with random parties.

Highlight:

* This quest appears 30 minutes after Zephyrus raid like DF raids. Only the character who cleared Zephyrus can play the rematch.
    * Entrance requirement is 80/80.
    * Quest will fail upon the 5th party death.
    * Garcia has same attack pattern as Zephyrus but hits harder.
    * Garcia only have 40% (original?) Zephyrus health but resists all attacks by 50%.
    * Disconnect penalty still applies.
    * You can retry the quest upon failure, within 30 minutes of course.
    So the possibility is Gracia has more EFFECTIVE health than Zephyros, while Zephyros has more RAW Health. Also wasnt Zephyros' Core damage only like 1.2?

From the sounds of it, 80/80 was a solid call in terms of requirements. Not really convinced it's gonna cut it though. I expect to be grinding my teeth on Wednesday.

My only question is does it still have the 5 minute DPS check?

Quote Originally Posted by AzurEnd View Post
    So the possibility is Gracia has more EFFECTIVE health than Zephyros, while Zephyros has more RAW Health. Also wasnt Zephyros' Core damage only like 1.2?
    Wouldn't a 60% decrease in health with a 50% increase in resistance decrease the effective health of Gracia? Assuming no ranger, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Vatallus View Post
    My only question is does it still have the 5 minute DPS check?
    From the preview video they had in the Update video a bit ago it would seem Gracia does indeed still have the DPS Check along with the 5 Death limit.

It doesn't seem too bad at all (after crunching a few theoretical numbers). Even with the 5 minute DPS check and 50% resistance (assuming #2 from Selphie), as long as the party isn't dropping like flies, it might even be easier than Zephyrus.

It's 40% of Zephyros HP with a 50% damage resist. Its effective health is 80% of Zephyros.

Actual stated reason now for why the nerf

The reason for the nerf was due to their failure in balance adjusting. The clear rate was worse than what the dev team expected. The difficulty was supposed to be around Mother. (This expectation was mentioned in a previous stream.)

So in short they forgot the DPS check actually fails the EQ instead of you know killing us all and being able to rez with dolls like with mother.

Quote Originally Posted by IchijinKali View Post
    Actual stated reason now for why the nerf

The reason for the nerf was due to their failure in balance adjusting. The clear rate was worse than what the dev team expected. The difficulty was supposed to be around Mother. (This expectation was mentioned in a previous stream.)

So in short they forgot the DPS check actually fails the EQ instead of you know killing us all and being able to rez with dolls like with mother.
    http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm31143048

Might as well watch this super popular video if you have a nico account. (150k view in 3 days) It exactly emphasis how average causal players perform in PUG.

Yet sega's balance person simply adjust difficulty according to 8s *14 users...