Hi, I like playing older MMOs that have been kept alive by their fans like this one. I have PSO Ver. 2 for DC, but I would like to get hands on Blue Burst for the PC. Trouble is there may be legal issues if I go about it the wrong way. Since I intend to possibly do some gameplay videos on YouTube, it might be in my best interest to keep everything above board just in case.

I know that there were some physical copies of the game made, but they seem to be very rare. It would probably be ideal, but unrealistic, to try and get my hands on one of them. In the absence of that, my only other option is to download the game.

My question is this, when the game was still active and its client still being distributed by Sega, was Sega distributing it as a free download?

If Sega was distributing the game client for free and simply charging for the subscription, via the hunter's license, then it may be the case that I can legally download the client from any source because it was free. I'd have to double check the law to be sure, but if someone could answer this question it would be quite helpful.