Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IchijinKali View Post
    The problem I have with Tokyo and Vegas is the added 'openness' of the maps. Spawns aren't limited as much on where they can go so after they spawn and they didn't aggro more than likely they will just spread out. Can't count the number of times a bird in Tokyo or A FRICKIN UFO in Vegas was quite a ways away from the spawn point just because they fly off all the time.

Any other map besides Kuron that would be just fine considering you are moving towards another area and not stuck on the same map. But even with Kuron you can just move on to another part of the map to find a different spawn site, and hopefully a trial. Vegas and Tokyo on the other hand you are stuck there til they are all dead because point system, and as Altiea pointed out have fun with UFOs if you don't have ranged attacks.

Raid bosses meh attack the weakpoint, dodge the heavy hitting attacks, go crazy during DPS check, and move on. Nothing new, interesting, or worth mentioning when discussing them raid bosses to be a means of getting, sometimes, better gear.

I think I covered everything I wanted to cover, overall episode 4's maps, enemies, and raid bosses are meh. But that seems to be par for the course with this episode. Except for Amuduscia's Ultimate Map that was fun.
    Or if you have the Tokyo map where you have that little park in the middle of a 4 grid and like 2 enemies in the middle and 4 literally spread out on the side of the grid. Then when you kill those while having to literally run around 4 grids... they load the 2ndd batch on top of those and you need to run the 4 grids again to get them.

As one of the very few people that actually enjoyed EP4's content, I'll say that my favorite map has got to be Las Vegas. The map itself isn't just one flat area with a few little spots that you can access by jumping like most of the other maps in this game. You can actually fly around onto buildings and explore without having to follow a specific path. (I have a feeling that SEGA made this area and Tokyo knowing that people would want to use them for screenshot purposes.) The enemies are truly and honestly not as "trash" as everyone deems them to be. I like Devil's Trailer, Dulluhan Riders and the three-headed fire doggos. The only enemies I find garbage are the clowns, because they aren't even energetic, nor do they pose much of a threat. Also, UFOs are cunts. The only thing I'm not particularly fond of are the nodes that dictate where the enemies will spawn, but ah well.

ESC-A Darkers and Es Angels are pretty darn cool. People are saying that the ESC-A Darkers are just recolors, but they actually have new moves which can be dangerous if you ignore them. (specifically Platidorus a.k.a. 'Goldrahdas On Ice' )

I also like the music for EP4. Here's my top five favorite;

- Zero-G (Free Field + Train Ghidoran version); probably one of the best BGMs to come out of the episode; I'm not sure what the lyrics are, but everything else about it gives you a sense of "Welcome to Earth, We need your help".

- Borderless; Pure intensity. This song is what motivates me to play Yamato.

- Mother's Moonlight Sonata; Something about the lyrics and the remix of Moonlight Sonata itself captivates me and makes me feel a bit of sadness for Mother...

- Neon Days/Neon Nights; A lot of people dislike these songs because of Runblebee's rapping and singing, but I've been a fan of him since 'Catch Me If You Can' from Sonic Riders, so they're two of my favorite tracks from him. (I've listened to Neon Days so much that I actually deciphered most of the lyrics and the meaning of the song) I wish Riding Quest was active again, so that I can hear them more in-game.

- Gruzoras Drago/Drago Dealeon's Battle; Pretty intense theme with a few parts that pay homage to Quartz and Ex's themes. Gotta love the second phase's introduction.

I can go on and on about the stuff that I like in EP4, but I'm sure others would rather see people trashing and roasting the episode instead of shedding some light on it.
    Last edited by Zanverse; May 25, 2017 at 01:46 PM.

Fire KMR
    Spoiler!

Dont like new maps because of the boring traveling between spawns, them being random(so hunting for a boss is now RNG) and being tied to a point system(making the RNG part even worse). Mother is the only boss I slightly enjoyed, but what killed it was the repetitive first phase with the arms. Last phase is cool though. All other EP 4 bosses have been boring for me.

CF is good, because it kills the RNG part. Problem is how most of the time is tied to EQs, so you basically rely in schedules instead of having the freedom to farm it when you want.
    Layer wear turned out to be bad overall. Base being ticket based only serve as a mean to make them less affordable, while the whole idea of giving us more customization falls flat when we still cant change top/bottom setups, or shoes. Thats not to mention many times the outer wear makes you look fat due to the way is programmed.

Liked summoner, because Maron throwing is a thing, class is easy to play, and makes lower difficulty content(Tacos, dailies and such) much simplier to do with minimal effort. Plus it allows for Husu to exists. Epitome of casual which I actually enjoyed c:

Quote Originally Posted by echofaith View Post

Layer wear turned out to be bad overall. Base being ticket based only serve as a mean to make them less affordable, while the whole idea of giving us more customization falls flat when we still cant change top/bottom setups, or shoes. Thats not to mention many times the outer wear makes you look fat due to the way is programmed.
    I personally like layer wear the only gripe I have is that inner/base is ticket based.

And while not a issue.....I'd really like if base you could change color of it like Outer....
    Gamertag: jaye3rd89

Also, I'm glad I'm not the only one that wasn't a fan of the Deus battle. I never thought I'd be standing around waiting for so much time in a climactic battle against a final boss.

No more DPS check, please. My gears sucked but I wanted to enjoy the fite!
    Name: シナンジュ
    Ship: 2
    Main Class: HERO
    "IT'S OVER, PSO2. I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND!" -MHW to PSO2

Enemy - too much recycling. We have 4 versions of Goldrahda now which is bordering on ridiculous imo. Also RIP Gu/Ra, i never really knew you.

Map - Tokyo and Vegas with their spawn systems unnecessarily slow down the quest unless they guarantee an ecode per spawn after killing the first wave. Ult Amdu was ok, wish it was designed around 4P though.

Raid mechanics - it's just a dps check! Unless they have some silly add system and debuff mechanic where you need a Hunter to taunt and kite around a bunch of hitscan attack spammers while a Techer heals, and everyone needs to move in a certain pattern to avoid crossing some kind of colored debuff that will wipe the party it's nothing to complain about

Enemy - Interesting actually. I do like some of the creativity, it just didn't really belong...

Maps - Tokyo was good, it took a long time for me to like it, but I did end up liking it. Also you can actually hunt the boss of the area due to it having a 'suppression' arks quest, unlike... The other area. Vegas is a terrible map(s). They feel like random slapped together playgrounds that don't flow well for pso2's gameplay.

Raid Bosses - DPS checks are fine, if they're done to not ridiculous standards. At this point in PSO2, if you aren't going full damage, you're doing it wrong. I really don't like that. All the old creative builds are dead, people just slap on a 13* for their class and that's that. I hate the Boat EQ the moment you get on the actual boat and the AIS fight afterwards. Everything is chaotic and not intuitive. The God EQ was better... but is held back by too many cutscenes(that aren't just a camera angle you could just toggle too). My biggest problem is not necessarily Episode 4's fault, but nowadays bosses just crumble within seconds, as abilities combined with the 13* damage potential is not balanced well. There's just too big of a gap for them to balance to. There were days long past when an Ex Dragon would show up, and the 12 Man group would be fighting it for a good minute or two, not a second. Most bosses dont even finish their Intro Animation anymore! Getting sidetracked, I just hope they do better with Episode 5 at this point, and will also ignore the 'Super Boat' EQ coming up.
    Ship 02
    Grace Hu/Fi 80/80, He 80
    Jazz Br/Hu 80/77
    Skorne Fo/Te 75/75, Ra/Gu 75/75
    Rex Diablos Fi/Hu 75/75

Flying mobs are one again as annoying to fight, but UFO takes it further by flying away every time you hit it.
    Map designs are great, besides how spread out spawns are all the time. You have these mobs on this side of Vegas and you have One lonely mob on the other side of this tall building cuz that was where the spawn indicator was located.
    Mother was just a "nuke her or waste time" EQ.
    Deus shouldn't even be afraid of light but Sense of Eveeeel makes it so, excited for the next raid boss afraid of light again on EP5!
    Deus was also quite buggy as how sometimes the dragon would wiggle itself out and making it unclimbable.
    Only three es angel mobs but thats okay, theres enough annoying mobs in EP4.