Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

3 button is not a QoL change, it has too big an impact to fall under quality of life
    hi

auto-loot of 13* and boost pause equally
    P S O W
    (´_ゝ`) current chars: ジョゼフィン / ジョゼフ / リノ | playerid: ponponparapara
    died to SEGAC corporate robots on 05/01/2016, never forget

Quote Originally Posted by TehCubey View Post
    2-button controls: preassigned buttons for normal attack and shift action + 3 PA slots
    3-button controls: 6 customizable slots, one used for normal attack, one for shift action = 4 slots left for PAs

Not enough buttons?
    Don't forget, you can also assign a dedicated Weapon Action button even when using 3-button, thus freeing up an extra PA slot; though, this could cause more issues with the number of buttons available.

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TehCubey View Post
    2-button controls: preassigned buttons for normal attack and shift action + 3 PA slots
    3-button controls: 6 customizable slots, one used for normal attack, one for shift action = 4 slots left for PAs

Not enough buttons?
    If I could PSO1 and have the B button set to confirm/pickup/use 3rd PA slot then yeah I would have enough. with the 3 button setting I'm missing a button as every single button is used right now for my set up in the 2 button set up. I have nothing that I can free up for the 3 button set up at all.

3 button setup.. melee has never been so enjoyable to play as it is now compared to before
    mass untekk - well that saves a lot of time doing that crap
    changes to how the recycle shop is handled (mass cubing.. wait was that ep4 or ep3?)
    auto loot 13/14* and disable party member rare drop notifications - nuff said
    skill rings - sure they werent implemented in the best way but the abilities they offer.. i just cant go back to not having them (12* units are amazing) complete gamechanger and 2nd to 3 button in quality of life
    edit: oh right boost pause extending the life of triboosters i use now

unfortunately ep4 itself was meh but cannot deny the quality of life it offered

Quote Originally Posted by [Ayumi] View Post
    If I could PSO1 and have the B button set to confirm/pickup/use 3rd PA slot then yeah I would have enough. with the 3 button setting I'm missing a button as every single button is used right now for my set up in the 2 button set up. I have nothing that I can free up for the 3 button set up at all.
    Assigning multiple functions to the same button in combat sounds like a bad idea... I can't count how many times I got killed in Vita version because I was trying to dodge and accidentally picked up loot instead.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    Assigning multiple functions to the same button in combat sounds like a bad idea... I can't count how many times I got killed in Vita version because I was trying to dodge and accidentally picked up loot instead.
    Only problem I see would be on the pick up but not confirming which only happens either in lobby or menus.
    IF we had button set up for combat and lobby then that would be a different story.

Only problem I see would be on the pick up but not confirming which only happens either in lobby or menus.
    IF we had button set up for combat and lobby then that would be a different story.
    What setup are you using, by the way? I also thought I wouldn't have enough space on my controller, but I figured I could make do by moving Dodge to R2, Confirm to L2, Subpalette Select to R3, TPS Camera to L3, and axing Auto-Run.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    What setup are you using, by the way? I also thought I wouldn't have enough space on my controller, but I figured I could make do by moving Dodge to R2, Confirm to L2, Subpalette Select to R3, TPS Camera to L3, and axing Auto-Run.
    L1 Lock-on, L2 for palette, R1 shift, R2 Dodge, L3 Never use (Has Quick Menu), R3 Close Camera, A Jump, X attack, Y PA, B pickup/confirm, Start menu, select pop-up map, D-Pad palettes.

Rather not have anything on L3 as I never liked having a button on the stick I need to move with as that can get very very messy.

L1 Lock-on, L2 for palette, R1 shift, R2 Dodge, L3 Never use (Has Quick Menu), R3 Close Camera, A Jump, X attack, Y PA, B pickup/confirm, Start menu, select pop-up map, D-Pad palettes.

Rather not have anything on L3 as I never liked having a button on the stick I need to move with as that can get very very messy.
    Your only choice there imo is to sacrifice that pop up map for something else since the standard number of buttons for controllers is 12. You also have to get used to the changes now instead of not doing anything. I tell you i've been there and having to change to what you're used to can be frustrating at times but the end result is worth it.