Page 79 of 127 FirstFirst ... 29697677787980818289 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    ??? Even if normal step attacks with sword are faster than running (which, I honestly don't believe)...
    Just a quick test and I wasn't going completely straight, but (untargeted) step attack is definitely faster than full run from a stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    Just a quick test and I wasn't going completely straight, but (untargeted) step attack is definitely faster than full run from a stop.
    Well, fair enough then.

Quote Originally Posted by TehCubey View Post
    I strongly disagree. The benefit provided by these rings is minor for Hero, a convenience at best. On the other hand Austere units are still superior to any 12* unit available stat-wise, except maybe Izane.
    Jumping dodge is enormous for QoL for any class, especially combo'ing it with Hr's double jump. A few examples include zeph/gracia being able to sword weapon action while he does long swipe or z slash, positioning for any boss with hitboxes in the air (ragne/ragnus, malmoths, bayari, etc), clearing terrain for faster movement, or just instantly getting off of the ground with i-frames (huge for amd UQ). I think it's fair to say the small stat loss going from austere to all 12* is more than made up for with the 2 additional rings further smoothing out gameplay.

answer to step jump is here v
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveCZ View Post
    Step Jump isn't always about running fast, but jumping further, especially when you can double jump.
    That makes a huge difference on how you play if you guys know about it.

Quote Originally Posted by cheapgunner View Post
    Is this set decent or should I retry again?
    Depends on the situation. If you are new then it's fine since the game is too easy anyway. If you are old player then hell no.

Quote Originally Posted by cheapgunner View Post
    Well, I dont know how to affis mod. I had Doom break but then again, I fail at affixing so back to the drawing board as they say. >.>;
    2x modulator: 30% chance to affix. 80% for 3x modulator. +10% if there's an apprentice soul somewhere in there.

Edit: Nevermind
    Last edited by Masu; Aug 30, 2017 at 12:31 PM.

Untrue. Step attacks are always faster than normal running, no idea why are you thinking having a target affects the speed in any way. Flash Trick is faster if you have a target, but even without it it's also faster than running.

Step Jump is useless. I even have that ring equipped but I ended up never using it, because Hero has so much high mobility options that it's unnecessary.

In the end though, Step Jump + Air Reversal is still 2 ring slots, which is exactly how much a 12* leg + austere rear/arm offers you. Extra ring slots are unnecessary, and I don't see that changing for now
    You can let go of your little austere set,its okay.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Moffen View Post
    You can let go of your little austere set,its okay.
    I will gladly chuck it into my shop the second we get statistically superior units.

So far there haven't been any.

I will gladly chuck it into my shop the second we get statistically superior units.

So far there haven't been any.
    This, and the fact there's only one-must have L ring for Hr (air reversal), and the rest are still more of a convenience I can play around/without, and not totally necessary unlike rings such as Dsaber whirlwind, KC count up, TMG stance up, etc while I have a total of 2 L ring slots. Step jump takes the other slot for now, but I wouldn't miss it if I had to part with it.
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Aug 30, 2017 at 03:06 PM.

For having played both full *12 and Austere + *11, I can honestly tell the differences are pretty minor. For a few scenarios or quest I' prefer the full *12 and other times I feel like my rings are useless, especially on Hero

-Jumping dodge as it was said is good, but it's mostly situational, since most of the stuff can be dodged with normal i-frames actions (and god knows Hero has very generous invul or parry frames on its PA and steps). The height you gain is a nice plus, but generally you can know in advance in which quest you'll need the extra height. Whether you want it on you at all times or deem you can always shortcut switch it for a few situations is up to preferences

-Step jump, aside from auto-sheathing and getting back to full speed run, is again situational. It's still good but again, up to you if you want it on you at all times

-Step JA combo : only useful for TMG but it's invaluable to get free fast reloads and forego normals that cost PP, especially when you're running low. Aside from this it's mostly optional

-Air reversal is always good to have but Hero is probably the class that has the easiest time not getting kicked out of the air. Still something I'd put on a unit

To sum it up we have one somewhat always useful rings and 3 situational ones. At this point, whether you want the versality and ease of use of having all 3 at once or deem switching rings on the run to be enough for the additional stats is bound by taste and content that you run the most (which changes every month with the update pace we got). So please, stop arguing which is better. Globally, the differences both in QoL and stats are fairly minor, or at least not important enough to get a clear winner.
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Aug 30, 2017 at 03:11 PM.