Page 61 of 127 FirstFirst ... 11515859606162636471111 ... LastLast

What's the % damage that resets hero boost? I was told it's any damage taken but I've seen translations say different.

Also I can't figure out where to put my last 12 points. The remaining skills I have open are the entire last row (stat boosts), flash guard, victory shout and all tech pp save. I have 1/5 in tmg because I rarely use it and feel 10% is enough savings. As I see some people here mentioned also, flash guard isn't all that great either, and its far too easy to avoid getting hit often on hero.

Tech pp save, I mostly only ever use megiverse because I main sword and my megiverse is already at 12pp cost, so that wouldn't help much... should I just go for raw attack or pp...?

From what I understand, Hero Boost resets if you take more than 20% of your maximum HP as damage within 5 seconds.

TMG Attack PP Save, All Tech PP Save, Victory Shout (just 1 point), and Hero Flash Guard are good places to spend skill points.

Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

Well, Flash Guard does two things:

1. It helps you mitigate some small amount of damage - 10% when maxed - that could make-or-break your Hero Boost bonus damage. It won't be often, and avoiding damage is the best mitigation tool out there, but for those "oh shit" moments where you just can't seem to avoid it? Could come in handy.

2. It's essentially 10% extra HP, without raising the amount of max HP you have. That itself could be a make-or-break thing, but again - not getting hit is your best form of mitigation, and this would be a sort of "in case of emergency break glass" option.

People typically recommend this over something like the flat attack-up skill because the attack-up skill is a fixed, non-scaling amount - 5 points per rank, max of 50, regardless of how much you have - versus the Flash Guard's scaling amount (increase your HP, increase the amount of EHP you have. Increase defense, take even less damage from attacks despite mitigating less damage with this skill.)

I don't think I'd recommend the HP Up skill since I believe that's just 100 HP at rank 10, which is essentially a crafted unit at rank 3 / 8 / 10 with the HP thingy on it. Same with the PP one - 10PP for 10 skill points isn't much when you could craft a unit that could (I think?) outclass that in a single shot. Flat defensive boosts are in the same boat as flat attack boosts - they don't scale, and I don't think the amount they give will make a big difference.

Victory Shout... it could help if you're low on PP and need it quick, but at the same time it's at most 35 PP with 5 targets in range, and you've just called attention to yourself with those guys when you specifically don't want to get hit and are best played by having them focus on everyone else unless you're a dodge-counter machine.

Ultimately, it's your call on what you'll use and how effective to your playstyle you think it'll be. Personally, I always recommend erring on the side of caution, and would recommend grabbing Flash Guard as a result. Even the best player has their off days, and even a 20th level fighter in D&D can roll a 1 and miss a low-level goblin.
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!

Is looping Vapor Bullet > Moment Trick > Racer Edge or something similar enough to maximize Hero Gear gain?

I guess Hr doesn't get a weapon bonus, so that's 1.1 multiplier that no one ever counts lost.

Meanwhile asked 2 people with 100 and 200ms pings to test PA weapon switch and the result was practically the same, with my ping it was higher but then the result is inaccurate because conditions are different. Wouldn't mind if someone with lower/higher than 300-350ms ping recorded and uploaded video of TMG>Sword weapon switch to check how it affects and if there's a padding.
    Last edited by aiMute; Aug 7, 2017 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IndigoNovember View Post
    Is looping Vapor Bullet > Moment Trick > Racer Edge or something similar enough to maximize Hero Gear gain?
    no.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal255 View Post
    What's the % damage that resets hero boost? I was told it's any damage taken but I've seen translations say different.

Also I can't figure out where to put my last 12 points. The remaining skills I have open are the entire last row (stat boosts), flash guard, victory shout and all tech pp save. I have 1/5 in tmg because I rarely use it and feel 10% is enough savings. As I see some people here mentioned also, flash guard isn't all that great either, and its far too easy to avoid getting hit often on hero.

Tech pp save, I mostly only ever use megiverse because I main sword and my megiverse is already at 12pp cost, so that wouldn't help much... should I just go for raw attack or pp...?
    Victory Shout (at least 1/5), Tech PP Save (3/5 is enough) or Flash Guard. In this order of preference.

For TMG PP Save, 1/5 really is enough. The normal TMG attack is extremely overrated due to how easy it is to use, however it's also inefficient.

Hero gets a lot of mileage out of self-casting technics such as magiverse, shifta or anti. Tech PP Save will do you good.

What does more damage with TMGs, that PA where you fire one volley with one hand then the other, or simply holding down left click?

Also does Attack Advance Ring work with Hero TMGs?

Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyumi View Post
    What does more damage with TMGs, that PA where you fire one volley with one hand then the other, or simply holding down left click?

Also does Attack Advance Ring work with Hero TMGs?
    JP wiki have the list.

Normal attack have more DPS (with AttackBonus Lv5) and DPP (with AttackBonus Lv5 + TmgPPSave Lv5) than BrandNewStar ..... though just a bit higher.
    AttackAdvance doesn't have any effect on Hero.
    Last edited by final_attack; Aug 7, 2017 at 08:28 PM.
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt

Thank you.