Page 65 of 127 FirstFirst ... 15556263646566676875115 ... LastLast

got 25,755 dps reading (10:23) tmg only on last deus and what I did was just spamming moment trick with step cancel and countering with brand new star.
    Seems like moment trick with step cancel has best dps for tmg outside counter but can't really confirm since there's a ranger on mpa and I'd definitely hit more if I don't spam moment trick (moment trick only hit 1k higher than normal attack).
    Last edited by Tigy; Aug 9, 2017 at 10:59 PM.

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

yeah brand new star, especially if you counter step into it, just tears groups of enemies apart better than anything I can imagine sword doing. unless everything was already in your face, then by all means do sword stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak000 View Post
    yeah brand new star, especially if you counter step into it, just tears groups of enemies apart better than anything I can imagine sword doing. unless everything was already in your face, then by all means do sword stuff
    wait you're comparing brand new star mobbing to brightness end? ok lol

Say, I got that new 13* sword Evleeda or something like that.

Is it good compared to my actual Seikaiser Sword ?
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    oh boy cant wait for this class to be op on release and for everyone and their mom to run only this class for a week and failing all the EQs.

I've been seeing a lot of people just focused on swords, and while I agree that swords are very useful (and probably the overall most useful weapon), I definitely think all three weapons are important and have their uses. I've tried experimenting a bit by running quests with different weapons, and at least in my personal experience, I consistently top the parser results and do the most damage if I weapon switch.

TMGs have great use in both the Deus battle and Buster Quests. With Deus, they're a great ranged option that allows you to reliably hit the core when Deus is standing up and attacking, or to hit the core while running along the curved track that gets created. With Buster Quests, the big range of TMGs is extremely helpful with how spread out everything is, and it's very easy to land headshots. Brand New Star is also an incredible mobbing PA when mobs are lined up in front of you. While Brightness End is also a wonderful mobbing PA, it requires you to already be in the middle of the spawn (which is a pain in Buster Quests with how spread out everything is), and it's absolutely horrible in PP efficiency.

Quote Originally Posted by milranduil View Post
    wait you're comparing brand new star mobbing to brightness end? ok lol
    They are actually quite comparable. Brightness End is stronger (roughly 23% higher DPS), but Brand New Star is much more PP efficient (roughly 55% more DPP, and then you have easy access to Just Reload). The main difference is their area of effect. Brightness End works in a circular area around you, whereas Brand New Star works in a penetrating line in front of you (think something like Barta or Ilzan). Brand New Star can land headshots too, as far as I can tell.
    Last edited by Rayden; Aug 10, 2017 at 06:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayden View Post
    I've been seeing a lot of people just focused on swords, and while I agree that swords are very useful (and probably the overall most useful weapon), I definitely think all three weapons are important and have their uses. I've tried experimenting a bit by running quests with different weapons, and at least in my personal experience, I consistently top the parser results and do the most damage if I weapon switch.

TMGs have great use in both the Deus battle and Buster Quests. With Deus, they're a great ranged option that allows you to reliably hit the core when Deus is standing up and attacking, or to hit the core while running along the curved track that gets created. With Buster Quests, the big range of TMGs is extremely helpful with how spread out everything is, and it's very easy to land headshots. Brand New Star is also an incredible mobbing PA when mobs are lined up in front of you. While Brightness End is also a wonderful mobbing PA, it requires you to already be in the middle of the spawn (which is a pain in Buster Quests with how spread out everything is), and it's absolutely horrible in PP efficiency.

They are actually quite comparable. Brightness End is stronger (roughly 23% higher DPS), but Brand New Star is much more PP efficient (roughly 55% more DPP, and then you have easy access to Just Reload). The main difference is their area of effect. Brightness End works in a circular area around you, whereas Brand New Star works in a penetrating line in front of you (think something like Barta or Ilzan). Brand New Star can land headshots too, as far as I can tell.
    brightness end isn't just a circle though. while it does hit behind you, it's frontal range is much larger. this tweet gives a precise idea of the actual range.
    https://twitter.com/PONTDF/status/891949352918188032
    unless things are stacked up real close (a zondeel), i don't think there is a point to clearing a group of mobs with BNS. as for when deus is moving his core along the curved track, it's better to setup a charge2 sword action, 2 vapor bullet + normal, vapor + 1charge sword action, then counter the core as it moves back, step attack to close on core, followed by 1 more set of 2vapor + normal + 1charge action.

brightness end isn't just a circle though. while it does hit behind you, it's frontal range is much larger.
    An oval then, but I still feel like Brand New Star is much better in Buster Quests. Mainly for the PP efficiency.

as for when deus is moving his core along the curved track, it's better to setup a charge2 sword action, 2 vapor bullet + normal, vapor + 1charge sword action, then counter the core as it moves back, step attack to close on core, followed by 1 more set of 2vapor + normal + 1charge action.
    Sorry for the confusion. By "curved track that gets created", I mean the path that appears after you destroy the snake heads. You can deal damage while walking along it and shooting with TMGs, and then use Second Edge to switch to sword when you get within range.

As for his sweeping attack, I usually use TMGs to shoot the core while it's moving, and then switch to sword for a counter attack as it comes back. Then I use Vapor and normals when it's stationary.

An oval then, but I still feel like Brand New Star is much better in Buster Quests. Mainly for the PP efficiency.

Sorry for the confusion. By "curved track that gets created", I mean the path that appears after you destroy the snake heads. You can deal damage while walking along it and shooting with TMGs, and then use Second Edge to switch to sword when you get within range.

As for his sweeping attack, I usually use TMGs to shoot the core while it's moving, and then switch to sword for a counter attack as it comes back. Then I use Vapor and normals when it's stationary.
    due to the range needed, i can understand using tmgs for buster quests. however, i think they are a special case. if you do anything like UQ, ignoring the ranged resistances, i think you'd still find sword to be a far superior mobbing tool even when stuff lines up for BNS.

right but 2nd charge sword action does way more than your tmg will to deus when he's moving and costs 0pp.

TMGs dominate Buster Quest until Grade 3. At that point, mobs get too much HP to pick off with Brand New Star and normal attack, so you should really be hopping over to Brightness End as your mobbing tool and save TMGs for picking off Goblins and the flying needle missiles.

I also agree with the sentiment that Brightness End is superior for high-level mobbing; it doesn't rely so much on enemy placement (it hits as long as stuff is kinda near you) and you can throw it out somewhat safely in a pack of targets due to JG on startup.
    Last edited by Altiea; Aug 10, 2017 at 12:22 PM.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

I think you may be slightly downplaying the difference in the total dimensions of the areas covered by these two PAs. While Brand New Star has unusually long range and a respectable width, it would be pretty impractical to consistently hit unorganized groups of enemies with its full damage. I will admit that in Buster Quests, it has its place in spawn killing due to some of the spawn patterns leaving the enemies arranged in an exploitable configuration, during which the great PP management (and I use the term loosely) of TMG may be able to put it over Brightness End as the better option. However, Brightness End is probably in the top 3 mobbing PAs in the game period. The range on it is huge, the damage is significant, and of course there are the guard frames for when you want to use it in the middle of groups of already spawned in and attacking enemies. In situations where the enemies are not stacked on each other or in a single file line, most of the possible advantages to using TMG would be more than offset by the fact that you are hitting fewer enemies for less damage each, assuming enemies aren't dying in one hit. Also it's not like sword is PP inefficient.

With that said, I think TMG is a strong weapon for Hero in Buster Quests due to the spawnkilling which I mentioned earlier, as well as its ability to quickly mow down enemies with weakpoints with normal fire or Moment Trick.