Page 16 of 89 FirstFirst ... 6131415161718192666 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    I imagine most people are tired of me bringing up joy to key whenever gamepad discussion comes up, but it's still an option for people who feel like they don't have enough buttons.

Watch it turn out that one of each type of class at 75 is only to unlock the class and the level cap quests require more until you eventually have all the other classes capped.
    That would be terrible. Hoops within hoops so you can be forced to jump thru hoops to jump thru hoops. No thanks.

I wouldn't mind that requirement. It'd give people incentive to try out more classes... and I already have them all maxed anyway.

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rayden View Post
    I'll never understand how people are still stuck on the old two button system. Three button is the new standard, and it's simply superior in every way. The class definitely looks like it's designed for that. Four button (three button + weapon action) is even better.

If your problem is that you have the muscle memory to press Shift to block, then why not just bind Shift to Weapon Action and then find another key for the extra PA slot?

Quote Originally Posted by Totori View Post
    You have to reconfigure the controls, you'll still have enough buttons. Will take some getting used to. Like I made all three face buttons my attacks, with A/X being jump. Talking/picking up items being the L2/LT button.

Forgot I made the hotbar button the L3/LS button.
    I don't have enough buttons on a 360 controller to play 3 button.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    I imagine most people are tired of me bringing up joy to key whenever gamepad discussion comes up, but it's still an option for people who feel like they don't have enough buttons.

Watch it turn out that one of each type of class at 75 is only to unlock the class and the level cap quests require more until you eventually have all the other classes capped.
    May I ask if every button is used, how would joy2key or xpadder or anything will be helpful as there isn't a button to use for it.

Quote Originally Posted by [Ayumi] View Post
    I don't have enough buttons on a 360 controller to play 3 button.
    A: Jump B: pick up item X: attack 1 Y: attack 2 RB: attack 3 RT: dodge LB: weapon action LT: switch sides Dpad: weapon/subpal navigation One of the sticks: use subpal. That seems like exactly enough buttons for everything?
    Last edited by Saagonsa; Jun 12, 2017 at 07:13 PM.

And its not like the person who did the demonstration for Hero class wasnt using a controller with the 3-bullet layout or anything. So its pretty evident there are enough buttons for a 3-Button layout.

Does the Xbox One Elite controller remedy this at all? Or are those additional buttons mimicing other buttons?
    Remembering the Universe. Click below!

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    I play on PS4 and I changed my entire setup to accommodate 3-button.
    Well It's just that I haven't found a way to map them in a comfortable way but now I have a idea. I will move the activation button away from the L2 and R2 triggers.

Quote Originally Posted by Saagonsa View Post
    A: Jump B: pick up item X: attack 1 Y: attack 2 RB: attack 3 RT: dodge LB: weapon action LT: switch sides Dpad: weapon/subpal navigation One of the sticks: use subpal. That seems like exactly enough buttons for everything?
    All my keys are occupied that I can't use 3 button effectively either. My LT button on my Xbox One controller is used for subpalette usage, as its distracting going from gamepad to keyboard when I'm in the middle of fighting and need to pop a mate or cast a tech not on my palette, like Resta. While I can opt to do something like making my R3 button my Attack 3 button, I'm still short a button for my Rear Palette so I can use the additional PAs open to me. Forced to sacrifice my weapon action, or the additional palette For me this is a no go situation. Part of why I wish there was some hack to make the Xbox Home button an additional button to use.
    Last edited by Tyreek; Jun 12, 2017 at 08:07 PM.
    Remembering the Universe. Click below!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyreek View Post
    All my keys are occupied that I can't use 3 button effectively either. My LT button on my Xbox One controller is used for subpalette usage, as its distracting going from gamepad to keyboard when I'm in the middle of fighting and need to pop a mate or cast a tech not on my palette, like Resta. While I can opt to do something like making my R3 button my Attack 3 button, I'm still short a button for my Rear Palette so I can use the additional PAs open to me. Forced to sacrifice my weapon action, or the additional palette For me this is a no go situation. Part of why I wish there was some hack to make the Xbox Home button an additional button to use.
    Just set use subpal to a stick button and put switch to rear on LT?

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saagonsa View Post
    That is the most painful way possible to play Gunner for me.

EDIT: Yeah, I still can't find a good way to switch to 3 button as Gunner or Ranger at all.
    Last edited by [Ayumi]; Jun 12, 2017 at 08:32 PM.