Page 62 of 122 FirstFirst ... 12525960616263646572112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by loafhero View Post
    Eh, its still personal preference. I just don't find conventionally designed cool characters interesting and am more inclined towards characters that don't look like they could possibly be the main protagonist. This is just me as someone who is a little burned out by most anime with conventionally designed protagonists.
    Considering that Ash is supposed to be the default Player, PSO2's protagonist has a carbon copy appearance of a stereotypical anime protagonist.

Anything is better than the canon Player (except maybe horrid mutants and 3 foot tall little girls serving the space military).

Eh, its still personal preference. I just don't find conventionally designed cool characters interesting and am more inclined towards characters that don't look like they could possibly be the main protagonist. This is just me as someone who is a little burned out by most anime with conventionally designed protagonists.
    That's not what I'm talking about though. The best way I can put it is that Kazanoboshi's character is a bit too over the top. Not enough to make me hate it, but I'd feel the same way about someone doing the story with their character in casual clothes, as a little school girl, or with a rappy hat, and I'd actually argue that trying to dress like your character belongs in Omega is pushing it too. You can have an unconventional protagonist and still have them look like they belong in the setting, and to the organization they're a part of I guess.

But yeah, it just comes down to taste, and I'm not gonna like tell them to stop. I can, and will, play the story on my own character anyway.

Looking back at the cutscenes again, I noticed another thing about Omega Gettemhart that differs from the Oracle one. Omega Gettemhart is actually weary of violence and death. The Oracle one would have loved the Verunian Empire but the Omega Gettemhart despises the miserable state of it.

Looking back at the cutscenes again, I noticed another thing about Omega Gettemhart that differs from the Oracle one. Omega Gettemhart is actually weary of violence and death. The Oracle one would have loved the Verunian Empire but the Omega Gettemhart despises the miserable state of it.
    I mean, war will do that to you.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

One is constantly looking for worthy foes, and the other is getting tired of them (and carrying the entire army behind him). Heh.

Original Gettem is probably that way too, before he broke.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenoir View Post
    Original Gettem is probably that way too, before he broke.
    Based on the manga, OG Gettemhart enjoyed fighting and causing a little mayhem but it was less psychotic and more of annoying the heck out of Melphonsina. Losing Melphonsina pushed that side of him to extremes.

Well, the only battle ARKS were up against were Darkers, inside fighting and political stuff was never really a thing among the majority of ARKS. well that sounds kinda irrelevant lol
    test

Based on the manga, OG Gettemhart enjoyed fighting and causing a little mayhem but it was less psychotic and more of annoying the heck out of Melphonsina. Losing Melphonsina pushed that side of him to extremes.
    Some people need ways to cope. For Gettemhart, "coping" meant deluding himself and throwing himself into battle for the thrill of violence.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Well, that was a short Story update (which is probably because we got new Omnibus Quest content this update) but I have to say, it was pretty damn satisfying.

I really enjoyed the Story quest design of this update. In fact, I'm glad we got an actual Story quest instead of being made to run another Free Match. Small details like the Player and Matoi complimenting each other with "Nice job!" hand signs after wiping out the last wave of Darkers was a nice touch and good way of showing us that the two are a team. Also, this is the first time we've seen Matoi talk to Lisa and from the looks of it, Matoi seems unfazed by Lisa's crazy.

Stratos's backstory caught me off guard. Heck, I think she's the only NPC trainer that has actually told us about their backstory complete with flashback images. Pretty awesome that they connected her origins to a specific event that we played through in EP1 and gave a heartwarming meaning to her class's name. I wished they fleshed out the other NPC trainers in the past like they did with Stratos but oh well.

I loved that they used this soundtrack during Stratos's flashback. Its one of my favourite Story soundtracks in the game.

No translations for that Xierra substory (at least on my end) but I'm assuming its Xierra's first time outside of the Bridge. Would have liked to see Xierra interact with other characters instead of just us or Matoi but hopefully that's for later.