Page 50 of 122 FirstFirst ... 404748495051525360100 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by blkbox11 View Post
    Same here. I prefer him as a good guy.

Also, I personally found the story way less interesting than previous Episodes so far, 4 included. At least Episode 4 had actual Story Quests where you were partied with the characters fighting unique enemies and bosses, so you felt like you were actually in that situation.

EP5 just has you repeat Buster Quest again and again, and for those you don't interact with the story characters in any way. The only exception is the prologue with Matoi and then Harriet - hopefully there will be more of those types of missions instead of repeating Buster Quests to unlock more cutscenes.
    The gripe i had with EP4 is we're stuck with high school teenager and the world building on earth is.....underdeveloped even at its political stuff, i feel like im stuck in a box where other places on Earth does not exist other than tokyo, vegas and moon.

EP5 at least explained the state, the people and the nature of the world you are in in a rather broad view, albeit here's a lot of stuff they'll reveal on later. In Ep4 we only know about these cardboard characters who just follows us whether we go, but not the people of the world itself.

Well, I'm probably just biased with how i think with EP4.
    test

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    Well, I'm probably just biased with how i think with EP4.
    That you are. And we've had this same discussion before about how you and some others dislike highschool characters and so on.

You really don't need to defend yourself or EP5 though. This is just the impression I got from the game thus far as I'd much rather have Story Quests than having to repeat Buster Quests to watch cutscenes. To me, it doesn't feel as fulfilling as the Bethor and Phaleg fights early in EP4, which did a better job with integration. Nerfed PD and a bunch of goblins doesn't really compare.

Tbh we all do but even EP4 chapter had less stuff and didnt reach at that point when it first started. Just gotta wait and see if it improves.
    test

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    Tbh we all do but even EP4 chapter had less stuff and didnt reach at that point when it first started.
    To be fair, EP4 didn't conclude an entire arc while skipping boss battles in the story within the first 2 weeks of its launch. We never even got to fight Lutz directly in his castle, and they missed an opportunity to have a duel with Alisa.

But yeah, other than that, there's no choice but to see what else they come up with. Right now it feels rushed and kinda lazy, though. Too much promotion for Buster Quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Eh? I like the idea of luther genuinely not being a megalomaniac if he has someone to hold him back.
    I think good guy Luther is interesting too and it is fun to see how he differs from the original by having a family member that loves him and whom he loves back enough to develop a conscience. That said, considering that his personality isn't too different from the original (OG Luther was a convincing actor, after all) and him being the lead researcher on Cuent's summoning and the Devil Towers, there is reason to believe that he might pull a villain reveal.

Either way, its not an issue for me since Luther is an endearing character regardless of his morality alignment.
    Last edited by loafhero; Aug 10, 2017 at 05:55 AM.

but i don't think he gonna be a main villain because he has fullfill his goal be the one with akashic record now he live it in he won't destroy it just not a as good guy by his nature want to experiment on anything he want with out moral behind his sister eyes.
    Last edited by oratank; Aug 10, 2017 at 06:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raujinn View Post
    Alright it appears free-match people can be queued up with you for story. If so, that makes things a little less pressured (but still gonna be terrible for folks trying story in a few months time).
    That's a relief. Looks like earlier warnings were a false alarm then.

As for the story proper: too rushed. Looks like Sega took to heart complaints about how earlier episodes (ep4 in particular) developed too slowly and, in typical Sega fashion, overdid it in the other direction. You barely get to know the characters and the situation is resolved almost as soon as it is introduced. It's hard to get into it or really care for what's going on.

Also almost everything Lutz said was a cliche villain line, and there weren't even that many of his lines either. What a waste of Sho Hayami as a god tier voice actor. Hopefully he'll come back later.

Quote Originally Posted by TehCubey View Post
    That's a relief. Looks like earlier warnings were a false alarm then.

As for the story proper: too rushed. Looks like Sega took to heart complaints about how earlier episodes (ep4 in particular) developed too slowly and, in typical Sega fashion, overdid it in the other direction. You barely get to know the characters and the situation is resolved almost as soon as it is introduced. It's hard to get into it or really care for what's going on.

Also almost everything Lutz said was a cliche villain line, and there weren't even that many of his lines either. What a waste of Sho Hayami as a god tier voice actor. Hopefully he'll come back later.
    Inb4 Lutsz become the Red Dragon that was foretold in the legends of Cuent Kingdom through Darker/Ephemeria Corruption. Well they really did take things too rushed, but considering the nature of the World we're in in story, ridiculous thing might happen, the fantasy world thing might be just a mask on what's hidden since Profound Darkness is back on this. The first 4 chapters might probably just focus and conclude on the kingdom thing until shit starts to hit the fan and we'd dig deeper into Omega/Akashic Records and go full blown dimension wrapping.

Tbh, the only thing i find lacking with EP5 atm is new things to do. Wish there was a new freefield lol, Buster Quest feels too restrictive for me to do anything and smack things with no brainer.
    Last edited by Meteor Weapon; Aug 10, 2017 at 07:28 AM.
    test

Cuent Magic Kingdom, Alisa one leg stocking, Alma underwear window and this:
    Spoiler!

Is this how you speak to your folks, guards and Luther?

Pure fanservice.

Really sad this update didn't have any Stratos. The specs op team of 3rd Gen ARKS led by her and sponsored by Huey sounded really cool.