Page 22 of 122 FirstFirst ... 12192021222324253272 ... LastLast

Talking about less cloth armor making any sense in a modern jrpg is kinda pointless these days. Final Fantasy and Star Ocean wasn't any better tbh.
    test

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    Talking about less cloth armor making any sense in a modern jrpg is kinda pointless these days. Final Fantasy and Star Ocean wasn't any better tbh.
    Ha, I know but the thing that bothers me is that why do they bother giving Alis any armor at all if their gonna sex up her center area with no armor and show off more skin? They should've either not give her any armor at all or just stick to her old clothes. I would have taken that over this half-assed attempt at fanservice.

Maybe because I'm desensitized to this sort of things but Matoi ep4 attire I actually didn't mind the skin reveal. Atleast it's not as bad as Bluessy Requiem haha

Than again most of time......to be a female in rpg....is to have skimpy gear.

In real life it's not practical and makes no sense......but any way to get that sweet sweet Male populace (and the ladies) to buy said stuff......
    Gamertag: jaye3rd89

I don't think anyone would have cared so much if they gave this exact same outfit to literally any other character. But since this is Alis Landale we're talking about, I think people were expecting them to stay faithful to her original design.

And no one cares about Lutz. He's here too!
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

fullplate armor<skimpy armor + magic

I can see that....fair enough
    Gamertag: jaye3rd89

Nah, full-armored females are better than skimpy ones anyway.
    Name: シナンジュ
    Ship: 2
    Main Class: HERO
    "IT'S OVER, PSO2. I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND!" -MHW to PSO2

Still, looking forward for Arissa's outfit available to buy. <3 ...

Well I guess I'm one of the lowest example, a direct, willing victim of this kind of thing. :-|

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCZ View Post
    Still, looking forward for Arissa's outfit available to buy. <3 ...

Well I guess I'm one of the lowest example, a direct, willing victim of this kind of thing. :-|
    I dunno, hard to distinguish majorities and minorities around here. A lot of people here are very vocal about their dislike of PSO2's fashion sense.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Emerald EXE View Post
    Maybe because I'm desensitized to this sort of things but Matoi ep4 attire I actually didn't mind the skin reveal. Atleast it's not as bad as Bluessy Requiem haha
    I don't complain about Matoi's EP4 look either, mainly because wearing revealing clothes is pretty much Matoi's thing since the first Episode (Plus, Innocent Cluster does look good, at least to me). Whenever I complain about her EP3 look, its not because the outfit is revealing but because the outfit (together with her hairstyle then) just looked bad. This, along with the fact that Matoi doesn't have any armor on so at least their sticking to one thing instead of trying for a bad mix-and-match. It kinda helps that Matoi's revealing attire is sometimes poked fun at in-universe.

Alis Landale has never had a sexed up appearance before but that never stopped her from becoming a well-known JRPG protagonist. Is SEGA not confident at all that there are enough old school Phantasy Star fans and decided to stick to their usual method of appeasing the waifu-loving crowd? Last I recall, no one in the crowd during the livestream event cheered or made any kind of sounds when Alis and Lutz was revealed.