Page 61 of 122 FirstFirst ... 11515859606162636471111 ... LastLast

What would be fitting? I usually go in with an all black mother cluster jacket stockings and scarf. I mean we are meant to seem out of place in this world

I'm not really fond of how Kazanboshi's character looks either.. But I personally try to at least make Milla look like an ARKS member while I'm doing story quests.

I'm also not fond of the Disperse Shrike spam, because if I ever want to show someone who doesn't play much, or at all, the story they'd probably focus on how boring the gameplay looks.

That said. Kazanboshi does a good job translating things quickly, and ultimately that's what I'm looking for. I'm sure that if I uploaded videos people wouldn't like my character or playstyle either.:P

I'm taking a knight outfit, personally. Seems to work with the environment.

I think the canon experience for Story Quests would be Hero, because canonically, you are a Hero in EP5.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

I'm actually pretty fond of Kazanboshi's character appearance exactly because of how unfitting she looks to the setting.

As ratatosk said, having a character that looks unfitting to the setting works for EP5's story as the Player is meant to be identified as an outsider to Omega people based on their unusual appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by loafhero View Post
    I'm actually pretty fond of Kazanboshi's character appearance exactly because of how unfitting she looks to the setting.

As ratatosk said, having a character that looks unfitting to the setting works for EP5's story as the Player is meant to be identified as an outsider to Omega people based on their unusual appearance.
    Kazanboshi's character looks out of place as an ARKS member in general though. It's got nothing to do with Omega.

Would fit in with a Starcraft crossover though. Zerg Infested ARKs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Kazanboshi's character looks out of place as an ARKS member in general though. It's got nothing to do with Omega.
    As I said, I like that the character looks so out of place in the setting. A custom character that fits too much to the setting is boring to me.

Quote Originally Posted by loafhero View Post
    As I said, I like that the character looks so out of place in the setting. A custom character that fits too much to the setting is boring to me.
    It only bothers me because it's solo story stuff, which is pretty much the only part of an online game with custom characters where immersion actually matters to me. I definitely disagree about characters fitting with the setting being boring though. There's PLENTY of stuff you can do to have a character look cool, but also look like an actual member of the ARKS.

Eh, its still personal preference. I just don't find conventionally designed cool characters interesting and am more inclined towards characters that don't look like they could possibly be the main protagonist. This is just me as someone who is a little burned out by most anime with conventionally designed protagonists.

I do agree that there are some layerwear and costumes that with some creativity, can make a character that looks cool and could still be seen as a member of ARKS.

I don't really care either way I just like the translations. That said.... I want Gettemhart's costume.