Page 83 of 122 FirstFirst ... 33738081828384858693 ... LastLast

So, storywise, any BQ is likely supposed to be the Guardian as the sole ARKS and the Cuent army as their support. If you need to justify the gameplay from a story perspective, maybe just imagine that the Guardian has inspired odd fashion choices for a group of elite soldiers.

It's best to just assume anything story wise is just guardian unless shown otherwise in a cutscene. I mean multiple people are using darkblasts so that just throws everything out the window

Doing the omnibus quest, I laugh every time I see matois I love cocaine giant ass pupils.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    After a few talks with some 3rd gen arks npc....I can conclude that not a single ARKS knew what was going on or what Omega is. Most said there's barely any Darker attacks and there's barely anything to do.

I don't know who else joined MC in the buster quest. They made it like MC is just taking all the credit there, in a bad way. I'm probably just worrying to much but even in EP4 everyone in ARKS knew what was going on with Earth shenanigans it makes EP5 seem....disconnected?
    Technically, no one.

Storywise Alma can't be even seen by anyone unrelated (i.e. not on the bridge), and she also complains that its not possible to timestop through black hole more than a few people.
    In Lisa&Xierra encounter Lisa suspects something is going on, but not further than that.

Buster quests are pretty much VR quests tier when it comes to connecting them to the story.
    Unless theres some top secret omega missions for jugend squad of Stratoses only (they did mention training a new generation of versatile units), which is still weird since they still broadcast dragon&such on the damn lobby display.
    Last edited by Golgotha; Dec 26, 2017 at 03:04 AM.

Wow, so its still just the Player carrying the entire thing, huh? That's kinda lame to be honest, underutilizing all those other 3rd Gen ARKS and it doesn't make sense to keep them in the dark on all this when in EP4, all the important stuff like Player and Matoi's cryosleep along with the whole Earth shenanigans were disclosed to them without any issue. Aren't they worried that the likes of Lisa or Patty might do something stupid in response to all this boredom and secrecy?

Last time they kept dangerous subjects a secret, a certain moron of an ARKS unleashed a Dark Falz on the universe all because he wanted to punch it.

Its becoming like Dragon Ball in which the main protagonists become so stupidly strong that the supporting protagonists slowly fade away into insignificance. You either die a Hero or live to see yourself become a Yamcha.

A little bit off-topic:
    I thought about Lilipa might used to be like water planet such as Wopal from the past. The spikes on planet's surface, and rocky & sandy environment reminds me of Wopal, but deserted. Just saying.

Theres not much insight on what lilipa is, Ep1 fairly quick skims over the stuff you would want to know (getting the clarissa chunk with the help from ewoks), and then the entire planet is as much of an interest as an arena for digging out apprentice.

Quote Originally Posted by loafhero View Post
    Wow, so its still just the Player carrying the entire thing, huh? That's kinda lame to be honest, underutilizing all those other 3rd Gen ARKS and it doesn't make sense to keep them in the dark on all this when in EP4, all the important stuff like Player and Matoi's cryosleep along with the whole Earth shenanigans were disclosed to them without any issue. Aren't they worried that the likes of Lisa or Patty might do something stupid in response to all this boredom and secrecy?
    I mean, maybe I missed something, but I dont recall the bridge team saying something like "okay now we gotta pour all the cool people in the hole to push demon castles in", and it really goes in contrast with all of the previous fights being VR training, duplicates, remanifestations and other not-final fights, cause you do the real one right in the story.
    The point is, previous fights exist in emergency form that is justified by the scale of a threat. What happens in black hole is completely immeasurable since it doesnt leave the black hole. For instance, with all the importance dark blast event implies, the fight didnt look like a menace to player, there was no one else to display the scale of the threat, but the other two people that already had difficulties with other stuff.
    The only way to tell if you have done anything at all - is Xiao telling you about virtual darker and black hole readings.

The mass dark blast usage also makes no sense so far. Unless they will ultimately pull the "protagonists from different dimensions" kind of a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Golgotha View Post
    I mean, maybe I missed something, but I dont recall the bridge team saying something like "okay now we gotta pour all the cool people in the hole to push demon castles in",
    Start from 0:41

Quote Originally Posted by loafhero View Post
    Start from 0:41
    To me it seems like they said, "We can send other people in, but there are restrictions on who we can send, so for now you handle it yourself." My guess is that the climax of the story will involve them finally making those "adjustments" so we'll have another one of those "the cavalry's here" moments like in Ep2 and 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    To me it seems like they said, "We can send other people in, but there are restrictions on who we can send, so for now you handle it yourself." My guess is that the climax of the story will involve them finally making those "adjustments" so we'll have another one of those "the cavalry's here" moments like in Ep2 and 3.
    That works too.