Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Random "Nice" Swordsman Calsetes's Avatar

I'll say it - I frequently use Sneak Shooter on my ranger. It does.... it does a lot of damage without the long charge time needed, low PP cost, and without the risk of "missing" if the mob's moving around a lot or gets "knocked" out of the beam's blast.

Big things - Satellite Cannon, totally.

Groups - Gravity Bomb, and End Attract, of course.

Individual monsters - Sneak Shooter. Seriously, I hit for anywhere from 10k to.... I think my highest was maybe close to 80k? Given I'm not using high-end ultra-upgraded equipment, I don't think that's too shabby for a single shot costing 20ish PP that can be fired off in less than a second.
    Stupid, stupid rat creatures!

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Calsetes View Post
    I'll say it - I frequently use Sneak Shooter on my ranger. It does.... it does a lot of damage without the long charge time needed, low PP cost, and without the risk of "missing" if the mob's moving around a lot or gets "knocked" out of the beam's blast.

Individual monsters - Sneak Shooter. Seriously, I hit for anywhere from 10k to.... I think my highest was maybe close to 80k? Given I'm not using high-end ultra-upgraded equipment, I don't think that's too shabby for a single shot costing 20ish PP that can be fired off in less than a second.
    I personally use End Attract on big things due to the multiple hard hits it do charged. It's also faster charging than Sat. Cannon.
    Groups I'm going to use a launcher.
    Individual will get whatever it's needed at the time. I should try Sneak Shooter in that situation I see. OF course anything under SH is going to get One Point or Paralell Slider.

Sneak shooter has always been a pretty amazing PA (which ppl are ignoring because everyone is mindlessly spamming EA).
    According to swiki, Sneak shooter actually has pretty obscene DPS, which is actually only beaten by SatCan and Para-0. EA needs to land 2 hits in a single charge to actually just break even, and 3 hits to actually beat its dps.

Last time I did played RA seriously (somewhere during the Yamato rush), SS still misses. =\

Also, try TPSing End Attract against big bosses with a lot of hit points. Use the TPS Foie tactic (juuuuust fly it across the hit boxes). Darker wall for example.

SS has a slower bullet, so it can miss - especially if you're aiming at a small target moving around a lot (not a small enemy, a small target - say, the "nose" of the Quartz Dragon when you're not facing him head-on, for example.)

For mobs you should always be using a launcher tbh. EA always hits 2-x times depending on the boss. So you should always use EA for DPS when convenient and dependng on the spot youīre attacking. SC should always be the choice for targets that can only be hit once or twice with EA. I use Sneak shooter mostly to drop in standing snipe position. Parallel slider type-0 would be a better option than sneak shooter as dps for some bosses thanks to the movility and the 100% accurracy.

Weīll see how things go. Though in the state where WB is going to be, I would rather have another skill that buffs ranger by that 20% for a limited time upon activation. Say.. Power bullets. 6 charges, 90 sec cooldown- each load gives you 20 seconds of 20% damage boost. Just a random unpolished thought.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyHarken View Post
    For mobs you should always be using a launcher tbh. EA always hits 2-x times depending on the boss. So you should always use EA for DPS when convenient and dependng on the spot youīre attacking. SC should always be the choice for targets that can only be hit once or twice with EA. I use Sneak shooter mostly to drop in standing snipe position. Parallel slider type-0 would be a better option than sneak shooter as dps for some bosses thanks to the movility and the 100% accurracy.

Weīll see how things go. Though in the state where WB is going to be, I would rather have another skill that buffs ranger by that 20% for a limited time upon activation. Say.. Power bullets. 6 charges, 90 sec cooldown- each load gives you 20 seconds of 20% damage boost. Just a random unpolished thought.
    Actually, parallel is better dps than 2hit EA, and sneak shooter isn't that far behind. Considering that sneak shooter is one of the PAs being buffed, it might be the new PA to use on a point where SC won't work and EA will hit only twice.

SS has a slower bullet, so it can miss - especially if you're aiming at a small target moving around a lot (not a small enemy, a small target - say, the "nose" of the Quartz Dragon when you're not facing him head-on, for example.)
    This.
    Especially with lockon (I heard SS behaves differently in tps mode) it misses such targets more often than not and becomes worthless due to the low overall damage.
    SS already has very high damage, raising that changes nothing but fixing the absurdly slow bullet speed(slower than some other pas, even EA) would make it far better.
    Then again, feels like ranger is actively trying to make not using tps mode as bad possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Saagonsa View Post
    Actually, parallel is better dps than 2hit EA, and sneak shooter isn't that far behind. Considering that sneak shooter is one of the PAs being buffed, it might be the new PA to use on a point where SC won't work and EA will hit only twice.
    While Sneak shooter is indeed a fairly strong PA, people are completely overlooking the PP side of things here. Sneak Shooter has indeed great DPS, but it's far more taxing on the PP than a series of two-hits EA. As it was said earlier, it's mostly used to proc standing snipe into SC or EA. Parallel Slider, for the same reason is more of a positioning and utility PA for short stun windows than a tool for damage, simply because the PP cost is far too great to use it in that regard.

What? Sneak Shooter I could swear is only 20ish PP, while I thought End Attract was closer to 30-ish. I'll double-check the numbers when I get home, but I swear I get more SS shots out of 120 PP than I do EA shots.