I decided to return to this community under the impression that Sega might support a 6 year development cycle for each iteration of PSO. Reading the comments here, there are convincing points otherwise, which would be unfortunate as I would like to see what a re-imagining of the series would look like with more modern mechanics, different stylistic choices and a visual bump - similar to the bombshell we got last week with Monster Hunter Worlds being built from the ground up for the PS4, XBONE and PC. I mean, I kind of feel like the modern DNA of PSO is closer in line with PSU, refined with the portable series, and adjusted to the original PSO with some throwback decorations. It doesn't seem like Sega is in the financial state to make any drastic move with the series, seems like they're always downsizing and shifting gears for smaller projects now. If mobile is the way forward and Sega still sees a future for the series, it would be nice to see PSO on the Switch since it seems the device has had a successful launch window so far.