Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Just For Fun: Your Favorite Music Track!

"The best part about Sonic games are the music.

You've probably heard this a lot. By no coincidence, Hideyaki Kobayashi does the music for both the Sonic series and the post-tetraology Phantasy Star games. And we definitely got some damn good themes in PSO2.

What's your favorite music track in PSO2?
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

I love Borderless and Dark Falz Loser's Theme!

Pretty hard call. Its a toss up between Biol "Grounded" Meduna and Quartz Dragon for boss themes. Partly because Meduna reminds me of Onimusha and Quartz reminds me of Star Fox Assault. Its also a toss up between Tokyo Night and Floating Facility. I like the jazz solo and calmness when nothing is going on, but I also like the overall vibes of Facility's theme. If I really have to pick though,

Boss: Biol "Grounded" Meduna
    Field: Floating Facility
    Last edited by yoshiblue; Jul 6, 2017 at 12:41 PM.

Mine's a tie between the Profound Darkness's entire soundtrack (except for Idola: Strange Fruits which imho is overrated and takes up far too much of the fight compared to Ooze and the PD Whole New World), the unused TD Failure track that was used in some previews (and I currently have set as my wake-up alarm), and this music disc (which is from some other game I assume?).

PSO music mod
    Le Temps Detruit Tout
    Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

Tokyo Battle Music - Day version (well i even have a 28 min version mixing the battle + boss theme in my YT channel :P) That's really my number 1 music so far, but honestly i never have only 1 music at 1st place xD, i would put the Shop area/Salon music there too and Falz Loser and Angel music too, and UQ Lillipa and training quest music, so that's like 6 xD

Also, uploading some PSO2 musics on Youtube when i got enough time to do it, i might have what you're looking for : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHr...C9cNXO0AjuItAA

Probably Dio Hunar's theme and Borderless.

I'm glad I'm not the the only person who likes the earth music.

Quote Originally Posted by yoshiblue View Post
    Field: Floating Facility
    We are in accord. \o/

Realization and Borderless are the only good tracks, the rest are meh.
    Name: シナンジュ
    Ship: 2
    Main Class: HERO
    "IT'S OVER, PSO2. I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND!" -MHW to PSO2

Okay, I can't limit myself to just one for each category.

For area themes:
    1. Tokyo (Day). It fits the area nicely: familiar, yet strange and otherworldly at the same time due to how bizarre the Phantoms are even compared to PSO's monsters.
    2. Las Vegas (Night, Exploration). The lyrics for the nighttime version are silly but the instrumental is just a blast to listen to. 10/10, would kill clowns on a skyscraper with a hentai bat to it.
    3. Las Vegas (Day, Riding Quest). The daytime version feels more complete with Runblebee and it better suits the feel of Riding Quests than the night version. I guess I'm biased since I played Sonic Riders.
    4. Seabed. A lovely orchestral theme for a downright beautiful area.
    5. Kuron. The music becoming more intense as you travel up the mountain is a nice touch.

For bosses...:
    1. It's a shame that the Profound Darkness' first phase is cleared so quickly, because the Ooze remix played in that phase is the best music to come out of that fight. It feels like the best parts of Elder and Blu Ringahda's themes put together to remix a classic.
    2. Mother (Emergency Code: Chase). Even the pre-battle music is just a joy to listen to. And then the chase starts and the electric guitars kick in... It's hard not to smile when listening to it. (It would be even harder if I got better at dodging laser grids.)
    3. Biol Meduna (Floating). It feels very unique compared to the other, more intense themes, like you're about to engage in a murderous dance with the boss.
    4. Blu Ringahda. This one's just so grand and energetic. It starts with a loud, pounding orchestra, then gets some electronic accompaniment for Phase 2. Kinda reminds me of Navras by Juno Reactor in that respect.
    5. Falz Arms (All phases, but especially the super-tense 60-80% phase). I thought Ooze doesn't get enough time to play these days, but HOLY SHIT this set of songs got screwed over by the power creep. Cycling through three remixes of a theme as you get closer to your goal is just an awesome idea, and so are each of the remixes.

As for music that doesn't fall under either of those categories... I like Maneuvers of Mother Cluster, I guess. A suitable theme for a mysterious anime space cult. And the later mission themes of Challenge Mode are pretty exciting too (4 and 5.)
    Last edited by Mega Ultra Chicken; Jul 6, 2017 at 08:50 PM.