Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by aiMute View Post
    What you want tanks and healers aka babbisitters to hold pants for you and rub you with tits when you cry? Go play some other game.
    The only shit that matters in PSO2 is efficiency of the class, some classes are good at some stuff, other at other stuff and that and playstyles balances shit out, except Hero, Hero is good at everything.
    If you're telling me an answer like that is because you're the typical lonely wolf who want to be completely independent of the others, for non-talking that in PSO:BB, although there weren't roles like those ones, I could absolutely sure that you cannot play that game completely alone like in PSO2 since, for example, FOs gives a significant support to be ignored since in that game, FOs were even be able to debuff via Jellen and Zalure. The RAs were mainly featured by getting high hit rate in the extra Attacks because the high ATA, for non-talking that certain weapons with certain extra attacks were completely important for avoiding critical enemies. And of course, HUs were the wall of the other classes since they could carry high ATK, focusing even in Charge/Spirit/Zerk.

That thing is interdependence... and if you don't understand it, I'm sorry, but I don't see you in another games since answers like that means I don't want to talk or even see the others...

And finally, that's the main reason that people chooses mainly the hero, because it's the best in one thing that basically all classes do it... hit, hit and hit.

teamwork is quite prevalent in PSO2, just not in the same sense that it was with class variety/layouts in PSOBB or even PSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakarisei View Post
    If you're telling me an answer like that is because you're the typical lonely wolf who want to be completely independent of the others, for non-talking that in PSO:BB, although there weren't roles like those ones, I could absolutely sure that you cannot play that game completely alone like in PSO2 since, for example, FOs gives a significant support to be ignored since in that game, FOs were even be able to debuff via Jellen and Zalure. The RAs were mainly featured by getting high hit rate in the extra Attacks because the high ATA, for non-talking that certain weapons with certain extra attacks were completely important for avoiding critical enemies. And of course, HUs were the wall of the other classes since they could carry high ATK, focusing even in Charge/Spirit/Zerk.

That thing is interdependence... and if you don't understand it, I'm sorry, but I don't see you in another games since answers like that means I don't want to talk or even see the others...

And finally, that's the main reason that people chooses mainly the hero, because it's the best in one thing that basically all classes do it... hit, hit and hit.
    While I agree Hero is obviously far too strong, and kind of braindead. I think people choose Hero simply because it's very nervous. After all, before Hero was a thing, Braver was among the most played classes, despite not being excessively OP at killing everything.

Also, most of the classes still have their own defining traits that make them unique and warrant playing them. Techer still has the buffs, RA still has weak bullet, FI and GU are still exceptional damage dealers, FO can still mob even better than Hero on a lot of content and so on. The best parties and mpas aren't generally the 4 or 12 Hero ones, especially now that some dedicated people are starting to go back to their original classes. So yeah this is still a thing, and if SEGA decides to someday actually cramp up the difficulty, this will be made even more visible.

to come back to the original topic, I feel like the more you get used to the "gym" of going from Hero to X class and from X class to Hero, the less you feel the slowdown, especially since most of them don't go as fast as Hero, but still have decent travelling tools. I'd still definitely love the introduction of an all-class Guren Katana though, since it would definitely not be an issue now xD
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Aug 29, 2017 at 10:22 AM.

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

hero's got a low skill floor (you have to actually stop attacking outright to not be dealing good damage) and a decently high skill ceiling (maintaining hero boost, using lots of hero counters, maximizing the raw stat boost from Hero Time and use that boost for regular PAs for a while before using a finisher, and using hero time more than once or twice per quest); but most of the content right now only needs the output of floor right now. heck im running around max risk shaqs just hosing everything down with my TMGs without a care in the world.

release magatsu was SEGA's lesson in why they can't design content that requires a specific class in the multiparty in order to even clear; however if they tried to rework the system to always save a spot in the MPA for somebody with Weak Bullet, this would cause many MPAs to not even be able to try to run the quest at all, given the time-limited nature of EQs. so instead of addressing the time-limited nature of EQs they just took the easy route and made weak bullet less of a requirement to clear them.

either way, they have been letting us players get a lot stronger in the past year, with episode 5 giving us an even larger jump in power creep, but they have been a bit hesitant to give us harder content to pit ourselves against. part of it I assume is a fear that expert players may leave non-expert players in the dust; making it near impossible for a new player to catch up if all of the good players are too busy with endgame content. the Free Match system for buster quests is a nice solution, but it only helps out non-expert players in grades 1 and 2. personally I would like to see free matches go up to grade 3 but they would need to eliminate any BP loss from losing in a free match heh (maybe even just letting it restore a main match stamina regardless too, you just dont get the triboost if you fail idk)

Quote Originally Posted by Sakarisei View Post
    snip
    I see what you mean, I haven't played PSO though. That interdependence kinda existed, more with R-ATK classes, partially with Te zanverse and Ra wb (and some status effects from caster classes where needed) - GuRa (aka The pre stance ring Gu) and BrRa or BrGu needed weakpoint to do damage, Ra provided that, BrGu could nuke bosses but needed someone to build CT which Gu did. The deal was that while it was interdependence it was close to unlubed boss gangrape because with 2.55 wb on shit like mag or close to 100% zanverse on wind-weak enemies as well as huge burst from CT the bosses melted so fast that other classes didn't matter. It was not good, yes it required some teamwork but it was cheesy.
    Even now Ra and Te are very useful as Ra provides 2.2 ARKS damage worth with wb and Te provides 1.1 ARKS damage with buff and up to 2.2 ARKS damage with zanverse, the deal though is that the DPS of good player is usually 3 times higher (if not more) than that of bad player (and leeches do even less aka no damage) so good players often switch to direct damage classes to do more damage than they can provide with buffs and bad players never care or even know about Te/Ra stuff, thus all you see are Heroes which is new, fresh class that can do a lot of stuff.

Not all classes are simple hit hit hit either as many classes had disadvantages while being good at some area like Fo that could melt mobs at range, slowpoke Ra provided burst and slow but heavy aoe, melee classes were consistent but needed to get close to enemies, Gu had nuke and air combat, BrRa(RIP) could nuke and fight large mobs well, Te provided support in form of zondeel as well, Bo had air combat but JB sucked and Su was a mistake but it's not simple stupid hurr durr damage which were BrHue gurenlords no one cared about.
    The problem of Hero is not going hit hit hit, it's Hero being able to do everything with almost no disadvantages except one similar to Fi or Gu where you have to watch your ass to avoid losing damage. Lone wolf stuff, or rather save-your-own-ass-yourself is mandatory as the opposite of it is retard holy trinity which will mean that defending is optional because tank babysitter will do that for you and healer babysitter will heal damage you receive while you continue hit hit hit.

Overall I'd say sit and watch (and enjoy Hero) because SEGA can either fix issues of old classes (and that's a lot of work) or move to advance classes and mostly leave old classes behind (not going to happen soon and it's sad).

Sega's doing a player survey right now, throw your complaints there because realistically Ep5 update killed a lot of classes. Sega can manage a massive update with all the money and man power they got, just again it feels theyre being lazy as usual (Buster Quests for example)

Hero is great, not gonna drop it for a long time. the other classes though need to speed up or something, just isnt worth bothering atm with them

If you play a melee class that isn't hero then you're a baddie. So pls do us a favor and uninstall the game hurr durr.
    Quote Originally Posted by FireswordRus View Post
    But if u take mpa with a lot boses in 1 time, and if FI have war cry lv10 ,FI win
    -----------------------Flashing-----------------------------------------------Tagami--------------------------
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Tunga View Post
    If you play a melee class that isn't hero then you're a baddie. So pls do us a favor and uninstall the game hurr durr.
    i know your joking maybic but i dont have that mentality either but im sure there are people that do. I mean before HR it was FI for me but HR just does FI much easier. The current Meta is just a little odd atm but i cant argue with 3 of my fav classes being on top 3

Megiverse and Zanverse should have been excluded from the jump cancel nerf
    栄美
    ID: joshirosama

Quote Originally Posted by Tunga View Post
    Why not be proactive about it and use the in-game reporting feature against them?
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9