Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

I main Hero now, satisfied. Not gonna play those old boring classes again.
    Name: シナンジュ
    Ship: 2
    Main Class: HERO
    "IT'S OVER, PSO2. I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND!" -MHW to PSO2

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    Also, people forget to see in the long term (so does SEGA it seems) but Hero is all fun and roses atm because it's still a relatively "young" class. But that will happen a few months from now when you get bored of Hero ? Will you want to play an atrociously underpowered class or wait for next advanced ? Most people will just take the door waiting for the next one, which could have a terrible impact on the game.
    Sorry if I'm a buzz-killer, but I love this game and this is honestly one of the situations that could harm it to a great extent,
    Well, not really as simple as saying 'most people will quit', I think. Among Japanese players, the divide on Hero seems about even judging from Twitter posts. In the English community however, the majority of players seem to dislike it because there's more of a desire for variety, and a greater degree of loyalty to older classes that might partly be because of PSO/PSU nostalgia. Trying to guess what people will do or whether they will get bored or not is not so easy either, because while you yourself may get bored, there are those who can continue to enjoy it.

I personally played a single class combination for 4 years until Hero came out, so Hero will probably last me at least another 4. Of course, that's assuming I won't move on to the next Advanced Class when it gets released. Before this, I never even thought of leveling other classes because there was little to no reason to do so, but now I want to level all of them so I'll be ready for the next Advanced Class.

So it varies depending on the player for sure. And if they keep updating Hero with new rings or PAs, they should be able to keep retaining a number of players as long as there are those who are enjoying the class.

It is more annoying now when it is one of those situations where everybody is in a big rush to run up and wipe out ( like deus beginning part),
    but , say another quest, like phantom mom , it feels the same.

reload is silly when factoring in how this game built up; just another slap in the face like the effort of getting austere

advanced, hero, hype words

i'll still play with anybody so whatever

The current meta is going to be actually worrisome when uq vopal eventually hits us with a timer and people start dodging non-heroes, sega absolutely has to do something by then or it's gonna be ugly.

If I'm a new Player I'll definitely try other classes I've never played beside Hero.

I have no problem with non-heroes though, they never give me trouble at all so far. Might be slower yes but not to the point they'll mess things up for me. I don't expect Players with non-hero classes to be perfect in pug, but they also not significantly that bad to mess or fail everything up.

It's entertaining to play Hero. I can laugh at others trying to catch up to me or when the mobs are already dead when their attack goes off. The best thing is when you miss one mob and they try to kill it, sorry but nope, i'm going to pew-pew it down before you even get a chance to attack.
    Some people even give up in BQ last phase, they just stand there at the bases or at the places where those cylinder fences are.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Pan View Post
    I main Hero now, satisfied. Not gonna play those old boring classes again.
    Same here. 1 hour full TAXQs run aganist 1.30 on BrHu (with gurren dash and e.t.c.) make sense.
    Last edited by Zulastar; Aug 23, 2017 at 10:20 AM.

Well I finally logged in to try the class out after a months-long absence and, my gawd, this class is so ridiculous that I can't imagine going back to the other classes outside of shits and giggles!

Now I want to see them tackle an advanced class that uses katanas, double sabers, and partisans (yes, three melee weapons - note that they are all fast and precise) just to see how they can possibly top Hero - especially with katanas, when braver is already arguably about as over-the-top as it can get. Will every slash have a shockwave that turns each slash into a ranged attack? Will it play like katana combat is on all the time (lol if this happens)? Just imagining it amuses me greatly.

Yeah, I can see why the game would become nothing but Heroes seeing how this thing performs. It's nuts. Not even sure how SEGA could possibly bring the other classes up to par, outside of buffing their numbers to absurdity, which just makes the entire game even more trivial than it already is. Heh. Well, I guess this was inevitable, after all, given the direction SEGA was moving in. Oh, well, whatever.

Makes me wonder how an inevitable PSO3 will play. Could this be a preview of the direction they'll push it in? I can only wonder....

Just so if people forgot, bumped posted this on the July 30th tidbit PSO2 Station #10 recap
    Existing Classes
    They plan to add skills and change some of the behavior of existing classes.
    so attack pattern perhaps? making it faster but a bit slower than Hero? who knows.

Going back and trying to use Swords again on Hunter after playing Hero is excruciating, I still love the class to death but my god.

Thankfully Partizan is still plenty of fun.