Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

I don't consider the developers all that salvageable, considering how flawed this game is. From engine issues, to pretty nasty assets and quality control, to gameplay mechanic decisions. Story, artwork and music are relative to taste, so not touching that aspect.
    Do you have ANY bug in PSO2? Are you creating yet another thread about how you can't take screenshots, your game crashes, or textures are missing AGAIN? Do you NOT search the forum before asking? Then the L.A.W. FIX is for YOU!

It's EASY! Just go: Tweaker -> [!] button -> Other tasks -> Enable Large Address Aware, and you're DONE! Just remember to do it EVERY UPDATE!

There isn't much to elaborate on because Platinum barely had much expertise with class-based ARPGs heavily influenced by stats and multiplayer to begin with. The only game you can compare PSO2 to is Nier Automata, which is riddled with even more flaws than this game and doesn't even have multiplayer or classes.
    Unfortunately Scalebound got canned so we can't really tell what they're capable of. And from the incomplete footage we saw of that game, it wasn't highly regarded
    Last edited by Xaelouse; Sep 11, 2017 at 04:04 PM.

They don't really need experience in order to make the game. They got the A from ARPG nailed down, and as for the RPG, all they really need to do is pick up the previous games. It's the second sequel, so there's not much to change in that regard.

And saying that the Platinum can't make a better base game than we currently have is a pretty "bold" statement. Just because they haven't made games of this sort, doesn't mean they can't make one. And considering what they've shown so far, and what the current PSO2 developers show, I'm absolutely confident they'd make a better PSO3 than the current team could do.
    Do you have ANY bug in PSO2? Are you creating yet another thread about how you can't take screenshots, your game crashes, or textures are missing AGAIN? Do you NOT search the forum before asking? Then the L.A.W. FIX is for YOU!

It's EASY! Just go: Tweaker -> [!] button -> Other tasks -> Enable Large Address Aware, and you're DONE! Just remember to do it EVERY UPDATE!

A side story PSO2 game made by Platinum games with the fighting system of MGR/Nier Automata and we play as Assassin Quna.

I'd buy it.

I'd rather have my own character though, since it's one of the better aspects of PSO2.

But I can see the point.

Are you the sickest dude? Lumpen Thingy's Avatar

Rather them not touch my game since they could star fox zero the crap out of it for all we know.

I actually prefer PSO2's combat style. If PSO3 starts out with Hero's level of mobility, that's good enough. Even Monster Hunter is increasing the pace of it's battles, so they're definitely on to something.

While I'm a fan of Platinum (played nearly all their games), I don't think they're a magic 'fix-all-action-games' developer, especially for a multiplayer game like PSO2 that has multiple modes of combat - that is, assuming PSO3 will have these modes as well. Don't get me wrong, Platinum is a good developer when the project they're working on plays to their strengths, specifically: single player focus on over the top action hack-and-slash gameplay that empowers the player and a story that doesn't take itself too seriously. See: Bayonetta and MGR.

Speaking of which, other than the bugs and issues, I feel Nier Automata also had the extra mismatch of a serious, deep, dramatic and unpredictable storyline that emphasizes limitations, weakness and struggles mated to Platinum-style gameplay that provided a lot of freedom, power and mobility. It basically felt like the gameplay-story segregation of early PSO2 Matterboard when you were getting beaten up by/being fearful of level 35~60 Elder, Loser, etc. as a level 70~75 character, or worse: going through those as a level 80 Hero now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vatallus View Post
    A side story PSO2 game made by Platinum games with the fighting system of MGR/Nier Automata and we play as Assassin Quna.

I'd buy it.
    Only if her Idol form is also featured in SoL style scenes outside of combat to trigger people who hate tone-shifts and fanservice.

Quote Originally Posted by Vatallus View Post
    I'd kill for a Bayonetta-like game with Quna in it... for the gameplay ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

JK, Bayonetta 1 and 2 are pretty solid action games.

Quote Originally Posted by blkbox11 View Post
    I actually prefer PSO2's combat style. If PSO3 starts out with Hero's level of mobility, that's good enough. Even Monster Hunter is increasing the pace of it's battles, so they're definitely on to something.

While I'm a fan of Platinum (played nearly all their games), I don't think they're a magic 'fix-all-action-games' developer, especially for a multiplayer game like PSO2 that has multiple modes of combat - that is, assuming PSO3 will have these modes as well. Don't get me wrong, Platinum is a good developer when the project they're working on plays to their strengths, specifically: single player focus on over the top action hack-and-slash gameplay that empowers the player and a story that doesn't take itself too seriously. See: Bayonetta and MGR.

Speaking of which, other than the bugs and issues, I feel Nier Automata also had the extra mismatch of a serious, deep, dramatic and unpredictable storyline that emphasizes limitations, weakness and struggles mated to Platinum-style gameplay that provided a lot of freedom, power and mobility. It basically felt like the gameplay-story segregation of early PSO2 Matterboard when you were getting beaten up by/being fearful of level 35~60 Elder, Loser, etc. as a level 70~75 character, or worse: going through those as a level 80 Hero now.

Only if her Idol form is also featured in SoL style scenes outside of combat to trigger people who hate tone-shifts and fanservice.
    Works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by loafhero View Post
    I'd kill for a Bayonetta-like game with Quna in it... for the gameplay ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

JK, Bayonetta 1 and 2 are pretty solid action games.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)