Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 815161718192021 ... LastLast
    Vulcan Taint Pincher moorebounce's Avatar

What ruined the game for me is having to grind 13 star weapons to level up past 75. I don't play enough to get enough rare weapons let alone 13 star weapons to grind. A lot of this new stuff should've been put in PSO3.
    PSO2 JP Ship 2 Jazmin - HUcaseal - Team: Paranoia-Gaming
    PSO2 NA Ship 3 Orro Munroe HUcaseal - Team: Dark Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by moorebounce View Post
    What ruined the game for me is having to grind 13 star weapons to level up past 75. I don't play enough to get enough rare weapons let alone 13 star weapons to grind. A lot of this new stuff should've been put in PSO3.
    There are so many opportunities to acquire a 13* - CFs, badge shops, limited client orders (though we don't have one at the moment), Some really good 13*s can even be bought from player shops right now. There really is no excuse not to have one.

13* really is super easy to get
    You can complete Evleda Collection Files with just doing the current LQ (which people are running)
    All the items for those sheets drop in the LQ, or have the listed enemy in LQ

And I'm sure they'll have weapons soon from NPCs again, where you just take em out on a little free field stroll to get a 13* wep every 2-3 days.

You can also buy 13* Val weapons from the player shop for fairly cheap now.

It's actually really simple now, 13* as a rarity doesn't mean anything anymore, it's the baseline and easily achievable.
    Phantasy Star Lore Whore/ARKS Layer Discord Mod
    カレン (Zysets)- PSO2JP
    Karen - Clementine

Getting 13*s isn't the bad part. It's getting them to +35. If you only needed 60 element it wouldn't be a problem, but burning out on whatever the current FotM quest is gets REALLY tiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyroki View Post
    Necro or not, the thread is still somewhat relevant no?
    same exact thing was said about Ep4, "Ep4 killed pso2" blah blah just circles right now cept theres actually nothing really to do in the game besides boring LQ

Quote Originally Posted by moorebounce View Post
    THIS. THIS. SO MUCH THIS. This makes me hate the NT grinding system so much. I much prefer the RNG of the old grinding system because of this alone. Worse yet is that NT grinding feels soooo slow, even with very successful grinds. At least with the old grinding, you could grind skip to +5 then use success rate ups and grind risk downs to make grinding less painful, but here? Hope your drop RNG is good or you like doing the same quest over and over and over again!

They could have least made it so you had to do all of the class's excube client orders to remove the cap. At least then you won't burn out from having to repeat the same seasonal quest over and over again.

Or you could just get enough weapons for 60 ele and grind your 13 star with dio weapons.
    Spoiler!

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

yeah; in times of emper embrace shortages, feed identical 10* weapons into each other, then either feed those to 12*s to feed to 13*s, or just feed them directly to the 13*s, depending on your lambda grinder supply.
    there is also the EXP Weapon NT in the recycle shop: 7 AC scratch items for 800 weapon EXP. I think I ran the numbers a while back and it managed to sort of be about even to the exchange of 20 AC items for grind skip 7s.

also, if you are extremely desperate for meseta, you can convert a stack of excubes into grinders and NPC those; getting you just short of 12 million meseta in the process.

though getting that many cubes can take some time; even if you are just logging in for EQs.

on the topic of dragons; Sakai freakin loves dragons. like, PSO1 was going to be a brand-new sci-fi IP before Sakai drew a dragon and made them put it into the game, then they were like "eh well Phantasy Star had sci fi and dragons so I guess we'll slap that on here". so he's never going to pass up the chance to add in more dragons. that's just something we are going to have to deal with I guess.

anyway; back on topic, while I say the game is now the best it has ever been (except for challenge mode being left in the dust...) you cannot deny the fact that the playerbase seems a lot more negative since ep5 released. Really I kinda blame sega for trying to get on the Isakai train at a point where everybody was already sick of the theme. I get that this was also a fun opportunity to do classic-series callbacks, but a lot of the enemy and environment designs just feel a bit too generic; like they could have pushed the "demons are just darkers with a coat of paint over them, they all got darker cores on them even!" design a bit more I think. like the carpets in the devil castle got blood veins going through them, but it's all really just little touches people are going to overlook in the face of orcs and minotaurs

yeah most of these enemies were in the classic games too, but I kinda feel like they needed to be a little more on the nose about all of this or something; or maybe push the photon-based tech into the designs a bit more, I don't really know. I just feel they probably should have been a bit more upfront about stuff here I guess

EDIT 2: I kinda feel like sega doen't know how to approach the whole "expert" situation; but im not really going to start on my thoughts on that
    Last edited by Zorak000; Jan 28, 2018 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak000 View Post
    feed identical 10* weapons into each other, then either feed those to 12*s to feed to 13*s
    The same name bonus is just barely over double the base and doesn't include grinding bonuses, so I don't think grinding 10*s to feed to 12*s is worth it. You'd be better off feeding the pre-grinded 10* drops directly to the 12* if you want to use that method.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    This thread was necroed. The last post before StreetFighter just above you was in October 2017.
    I apologize, for I had not noticed that. :') Mistakes were made.
    Le Temps Detruit Tout
    Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.