Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12192021222324 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    Well, I guess you bring up a good point. I've been really biased with comparing pso2 and ffxiv. I just kinda feel like PSO2 had potential to be good but potentially wasted, and looking at FFXIV there seems to have more nostalgic stuff on their side. I admit im not much of a fan with FFXIV's gameplay just by looking at(which i guess makes my point moot)but....PSO2 had like what? Just Gal Gryphon and an overhyped Red Dragon based on a classic red dragon that no one really cares about in the first place. Granted they brought back Profound Darkness as the big bad with all its theme and stuff but that's just it.
    These days, if you really want that nostalgic feeling that PSO2 isn't providing you, then it's on you to search for that specific experience. Wasted the potential may be, but it's really up to SEGA on where they want to take their game. One thing I can tell you is that it's eye-opening to go into other types of games just to see what they're like. Really makes you appreciate the other stuff you've been playing more in some cases.

Also, who knows? If you can brave the early grind and forced story content of FFXIV, there might be something there for you. The trial is now free up to level 35 with no time limit.
    Last edited by blkbox11; Feb 9, 2018 at 06:27 AM.

FFXIV has become a patch to patch game for a lot of people - it's not what it used to be, that's for sure. After they have done well, everything, they just quit til the next patch. Sometimes just not coming back til another expansion. I can't really compare it to POS2 though... been too long since I've last play it(PSO2). IMO, the producer is that(FFXIV) game's biggest problem, the man gotta go. Also, in addition to the above post, new accounts can play for free for up to 45 days.
    Last edited by Mystil; Feb 15, 2018 at 10:08 AM.
    Miranda F Newman Fighter (PSO2: NG) Ship 2
    ~Past Characters~
    DC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 100 » 102 (Ver.2)
    GC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 161 :: Za'leshea FOnewearl 172
    PSU: Eternia F Beast FF15 Lvl142(PC) :: Elemia F Cast GM20 lvl174(360)

The FFXIV community is also far far worse, although that's probably because you're forced to play with western monkeys. It's like the english community of this game expanded to whole data centers. Any chimpanzee can make a 2 player party and kick absolutely anyone they feel like out of the dungeon at the doors to the last boss just because they can and there's no penalty for doing it. Fine game.
    Come to think of it, if I had only gone on the japanese servers I'd probably had a much better time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystil View Post
    FFXIV has become a patch to patch game for a lot of people - it's not what it used to be, that's for sure. After they have done well, everything, they just quit til the next patch. Sometimes just not coming back til another expansion. I can't really compare it to POS2 though... been too long since I've last play it(PSO2). IMO, the producer is that(FFXIV) game's biggest problem, the man gotta go. Also, in addition to the above post, new accounts can play for free for up to 45 days.
    That's the same scenario here.
    PSO2 Details: Ship 02 || Sirius-91 Cast || Lacey-458 Caseal || Team: ChibiRoar!

Quote Originally Posted by Xerenia View Post
    Oh no! What am i going to do, this was my whole entire life, and now it's going to be gone. :C Guess i'll just go and troll other proxies. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

at least, so far as these forums are concerned

its been real great to work on my backlog than play this well near dead game right now (you know what i mean by this). i mean now that the LQ is boosted its finally worth running on a daily basis. Dragon EQ? lol nope waste of time now, cant wait for Omega Luther to eventually be the only thing worth logging on/off for

Offtopic but this kind of surprises me: Considering the amount of time you guys have been playing compared to me, you should have hit level 75 for every class since years ago. So assuming you are running lvl80s on only one character and possibly only 1 or 2 classes on alts, and also the fact that you go for efficient exp farming, how come there is still such great interest for exp farming?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    Offtopic but this kind of surprises me: Considering the amount of time you guys have been playing compared to me, you should have hit level 75 for every class since years ago. So assuming you are running lvl80s on only one character and possibly only 1 or 2 classes on alts, and also the fact that you go for efficient exp farming, how come there is still such great interest for exp farming?
    I have 11 characters which I use for different builds and fashions.
    My main is 80 in all classes and will be 85 in all the base classes once its released.
    My first alt is 80 in 3 base classes and Hero
    2nd alt is 80 in 2 base classes and Hero
    3rd is 80/80 Fo/Te
    and the rest are all variants of 75+ except the 11th which is just a storage bot.

I like leveling different builds even ones that aren't the meta. I find leveling is a more interesting achievement then getting the newest RNG item that adds a couple extra attack points and hope its a weapon I wanna use and not a gunslash or wired lance.
    Last edited by otakun; Feb 16, 2018 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by otakun View Post
    I have 11 characters which I use for different builds and fashions.
    My main is 80 in all classes and will be 85 in all the base classes once its released.
    My first alt is 80 in 3 base classes and Hero
    2nd alt is 80 in 2 base classes and Hero
    3rd is 80/80 Fo/Te
    and the rest are all variants of 75+ except the 11th which is just a storage bot.

I like leveling different builds even ones that aren't the meta. I find leveling is a more interesting achievement then getting the newest RNG item that adds a couple extra attack points and hope its a weapon I wanna use and not a gunslash or wired lance.
    i have just 3 characters besides the facts i have to work and school ( back in 2 years ago) i have maxed out 2 of them and the third one is on the way

my main is a ranger , gunner and hunter as subclass for the 2 , force and ofensive techer

2nd one is a braver , bouncer , fighter and hunter as subclass for the 3 main ones ( and maybe melee techer if wand PA become true)

3rd one is a summoner and im planing to play braver and techer (support build) as subclasses also planing to be a hero with this one (fist and 2nd charcters would be heros too if didnt screw up with mag build which im fixing)

and forgot to mention main character is male human , 2nd female human and 3rd is female cast .

and i agree about leveling up and even more if my characters are so diferent.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    alts... or new ppl.... or DB.....mainly alts like 10+ ones