View Poll Results: Was this tutorial helpfull?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 60.00%
  • Sadly not :/

10 40.00%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Hmm, I have no experience using Reshade...what kind of effects can I get using it?
    Also, how do I unistall it? xd

Im really interested though, and I want to know if I can get something nice while running this game at 4k
    FOnewearl, since PSO

Quote Originally Posted by ZerotakerZX View Post
    If shift+f1 doesn't work, how do I config it? If I'm supposed too.
    Quoting myself from the other ReShade thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Shoterxx View Post
    You can try this instead: https://sfx.thelazy.net/forum/sweetfx/84/

DX9IV allows you to test ReShade and SweetFX without using the actual game. Just take a screenshot of PSO2, open it in DX9IV with ReShade, then port the settings you save back to the game. AO, DOF and depth-dependent effects won't work with this though.
    Do you have ANY bug in PSO2? Are you creating yet another thread about how you can't take screenshots, your game crashes, or textures are missing AGAIN? Do you NOT search the forum before asking? Then the L.A.W. FIX is for YOU!

It's EASY! Just go: Tweaker -> [!] button -> Other tasks -> Enable Large Address Aware, and you're DONE! Just remember to do it EVERY UPDATE!

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

Um... is it working? Like seriously, I can't tell the difference.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by [Ayumi] View Post
    Um... is it working? Like seriously, I can't tell the difference.
    Spoiler!
    ReShade outputs screenshots to pso2_bin, not your Documents folder.
    The ones on your documents folder don't have any effects on them because they are written to a file before reaching the part of the render pipeline where ReShade injects itself at.

Also, you need to add effects if you haven't already.
    Last edited by Shoterxx; Sep 12, 2017 at 01:58 PM.
    Do you have ANY bug in PSO2? Are you creating yet another thread about how you can't take screenshots, your game crashes, or textures are missing AGAIN? Do you NOT search the forum before asking? Then the L.A.W. FIX is for YOU!

It's EASY! Just go: Tweaker -> [!] button -> Other tasks -> Enable Large Address Aware, and you're DONE! Just remember to do it EVERY UPDATE!

ReShade outputs screenshots to pso2_bin, not your Documents folder.
    The ones on your documents folder don't have any effects on them because they are written to a file before reaching the part of the render pipeline where ReShade injects itself at.

Also, you need to add effects if you haven't already.
    I see no screenshots in pso2_bin and I don't see a way to add effects.

Quote Originally Posted by [Ayumi] View Post
    I see no screenshots in pso2_bin and I don't see a way to add effects.
    It's not working then.

I did the following to get it to work:

As I had NP1013's in the past, I put ReShade as d3d9.dll and, with the keyboard shrotcuts working, configured the plugins that I wanted and after that, I just switched to the Tweaker managed plugin setup, as ReShade.dll in the plugins folder. Just copy over the .ini file with the right name and you're good to go.

But even then, I have a little question... Does anybody got better AA/AF than stock settings? FXAA just makes things blurry, and the other filters like SMAA do nothing with my Radeon based setup...

It's not working then.
    Meh I'll just do without it again then. Still too complicated to deal with if it still refuses to work even with this new tweaker thing.

Funny, I had installed Leayal's files just a day before PSO2Tweaker's update. The recommended tweaks are nice and my computer is good enough to run them, but I'm gonna wait a couple weeks until I update my case and cooling. Last time I mucked with graphic post-processing my old fans got too noisy for my confort.

So, while I really love how some people muck with the game's graphics to get really amazing effects, I gotta say that there's only one single thing I'd love to accomplish and never managed to do so. I've asked occasionally on the related threads but never got a definite answer, partly due to my usually low-end rig, but now I'm running the game on an i5-6400, 16GB and a GTX1080, so I'm confident that this time I should be more than ready.

Basically my game is riddled with texture shimmering. Jagged edges are something kinda bothersome, specially with shiny stuff like the stairs at the various lobbies, but that's nothing compared to whenever I'm anywhere with a heavily textured area. Sanctum and Kuron are the most affected places since the walls are full of details, but it also happens with any floor full of dirt, grass or rock. Seriously, the fastest method to give me migraines is to make me run those areas.

I've tried with many settings dealing with anisotropic filtering, texture clamping and antialiasing but I guess I'm not savy enough with these things to get it fixed. I ve managed to reduce the problems with some extent, but mostly with jagged edges, not texture shimmering. Mostly, I've tried Lavendy's nVidia Inspector's various setups and they all improve greatly the game's visuals, but it makes me feel that they're focused on many graphical aspects other than what I wanna fix, and before I go revving up my rig with post-processing I want to make sure that the main issues I'm experiencing are addressed.

So the thing hooks to some degree at least since the FPS indicator shows up if I enable it in the .ini, but can't bring up the Reshade interface or enable the SweetFX effects. Even if I change the relevant hotkey settings in the files.
    ┐( ̄ヘ ̄)┌
    Back to the RadeonPro method it is.