Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 916171819202122 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mr.chills View Post
    can someone who plays both hero and old classes post-sept 27 buff comment on overall state of affairs between class power?

just wondering since i dropped all my savings on all-atk hero units so im pretty committed to hero but i guess 100 all-atk means i can dabble pretty well in any

i tried ranger on my alt and wow that thing hits hard now but i wonder if it has that ease factor that hero does where it can roll into any quest like buster and still do well, or is hero overall king still? anyone bring old classes to bq with good results?
    It honestly isn't worth going back to old classes unless you want to show off. Mastering an advanced class is the game's future, and the more people are okay with this current balance the more true that will become.
    The only thing that has changed is that Fighter may perform better than Hero on some raid bosses, and Force and Braver have their place in TA quests that are all currently a joke now. All of this may not even be true when they buff enemy stats later like they said in the Arks Live.

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by milranduil View Post
    still using the name "techter" in 2017

i hope the LB/photon flare activation is like hero time, short and invincible
    techer was a bit of a goof on the PSU localization; wartecher, guntecher, acrotecher and the like, if I recall right, were supposed to be [prefix]tector, stemming from "protector" which was more about them being able to use techs from a support standpoint (even if war/gun kinda sucked at that).

I guess my only nitpick is that "techter" is still wrong, not because of the extra T, but because of the H. still, even if you add an apostrophe to it, 'tector still seems a bit off; more off than any of the other class names, so techer at least feels alright from a localization standpoint I guess.

anyway, if you think ranger or gunner are in a bad place right next to hero right now, you are sorely mistaken.

force still needs some work to be able to have the powerful compounds of fo/te, while having strong damage while compounds are on cooldown like fo/fi does. the cooldown on compounds kinda makes them look like analogs to hero finishers, but fo/te kinda struggles if you are thrown into an elemental soup quest; especially if more than one of fire/ice/lightning are present in a significant way.
    I still say force needs to have the other three elemental masteries, and techer would need some extra damage skill, heck even if it's just an Elemental Weak Hit 2

as for braver or bouncer as a subclass, yeah not only are their "general" stances weaker than using fury /hu or brave or dual stance /fi, they also lack an equivalent skill to hunter's JA Bonus 1+2 or fighter's Tech-Arts JA Bonus. note for bouncer I count shifta air attack boost as part of the stances, because bouncer's stances lack an equivalent to braver's stance charge skills. (braver sub isnt that good unless you are using a lot of charging PAs, but even then it's still weaker than fury or brave)
    they technically function fine as main classes since Katana Combat JA Boost, Rapid Shooting Advance, and Rapid Boost JA Bonus all function as the JA Boost equivalents, just on a cooldown and bound to your main class weapons
    Last edited by Zorak000; Oct 9, 2017 at 03:23 PM.

Hey, after rebalance GuRa is still ded compared to GuHu, or snipe buffs and stance ring nerd made them more balanced to each other?

As best I can tell. all x/Ra and x/Gu builds took a hit because they depended on the attack modifiers of each and those were reduced to make Ra and Gu main damage more stable. It's better to go GuHu or RaHu overall still as best I know.

BrRa is alive again, and any x/Gu build got killed when they made chain trigger weaker and chain finish stronger but main class only.

About Gu/Ra, the nerf to the stance ring means they wanted to buff Gu/Ra, but since I dont play Gunner, I don't really have an answer to that.

The "nerf" to stance ring was needed to offset the buffs to PAs. It's not even a nerf.

PA power on most Ranged PAs like Sat Aim went up from 724 to 942 = 30%

TMG Ring is 110% / 130% = 84.6% of old value. Multiplied by the 30% buff, Gu/Hu and Gu/Fi are now buffed 10% before Rare Mastery.

Old /Ra sub was 135% x 135% x 115% x 115% = 241%

New /Ra sub is 115% x 115% x 125% x 115% = 190%

/Ra sub is now 190% / 241% = 78.8% of the old value. Multiplied by the 30% buff, Gu/Ra is buffed 2.5%.

If you asked me, Gu/Ra is deader than it used to be. As for Br, since Br/Hu and Br/Fi never had a stance ring to nerf in the first place, they're hugely buffed. Given SB0 cannot give you Standing Snipe for a Last Nemesis followup, while Banish - SB0 - Nemesis is a straight TAJA all the way, Br/Fi feels much more consistent for Bow Br, or Br/Hu for Massive Automate.

Quote Originally Posted by Selphea View Post
    The "nerf" to stance ring was needed to offset the buffs to PAs. It's not even a nerf.

PA power on most Ranged PAs like Sat Aim went up from 724 to 942 = 30%

TMG Ring is 110% / 130% = 84.6% of old value. Multiplied by the 30% buff, Gu/Hu and Gu/Fi are now buffed 10% before Rare Mastery.

Old /Ra sub was 135% x 135% x 115% x 115% = 241%

New /Ra sub is 115% x 115% x 125% x 115% = 190%

/Ra sub is now 190% / 241% = 78.8% of the old value. Multiplied by the 30% buff, Gu/Ra is buffed 2.5%.

If you asked me, Gu/Ra is deader than it used to be. As for Br, since Br/Hu and Br/Fi never had a stance ring to nerf in the first place, they're hugely buffed. Given SB0 cannot give you Standing Snipe for a Last Nemesis followup, while Banish - SB0 - Nemesis is a straight TAJA all the way, Br/Fi feels much more consistent for Bow Br, or Br/Hu for Massive Automate.
    8:30 gracia with gu/ra
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by milranduil View Post
    8:30 gracia with gu/ra
    Spoiler!
    That's solo where self WB is an advantage

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    Some classes, most notably BO Boots, HU Partizan/Sword and BR(both Bow and Katana) saw huge buffs that made them go towards the top.
    Wait, what?! Bouncer's Jet Boots really got buffed that much?! I mean, I saw their list of buffs for the Sept. 27 balance patch, and it didn't seem that drastic compared to Gunners and Bravers (unless I'm missing something?).

Care to elaborate, please, Zephyrion? That portion of your comment has really left me very intrigued.
    BraverBoyZ5 (Ship 02: Ur)

Main Class: Lv. 80 Techer
    Sub Class: Lv. 80 Braver

Other Classes: Lv. 75 Hunter, Fighter, Ranger, Gunner, Force, Bouncer, and Summoner.

Quote Originally Posted by Raid_Hirsh View Post
    Wait, what?! Bouncer's Jet Boots really got buffed that much?! I mean, I saw their list of buffs for the Sept. 27 balance patch, and it didn't seem that drastic compared to Gunners and Bravers (unless I'm missing something?).

Care to elaborate, please, Zephyrion? That portion of your comment has really left me very intrigued.
    It's still mechanically clunky compared to the other melee classes, but the Boots buffs essentially amounts to a straight numbers and consistency buff, with an extra (yet desperately needed) speed buff for Vinto. It's a very plain buff, but the buff was substantial enough to put Boots in reasonable competition with most standard melee weapons (ignoring Fighter).
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]