Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    <snipped to save space>
    The problem with boosted bosses one-shotting players isn't that their damage is set too high, but the exact opposite; the players have too low Defense because the game never required us to focus on it.

Just consider this: What if instead of Atk Team Tree, Atk from campship and atk food you instead used Def? What if instead of +150 atk affixes you had +100HP/+50 Def? What if instead of a full damage build you had HU sub with maxxed Guard Stance? -EDIT- Ask players around that play tanking builds for fun if they even fear the boosted enemies. I'm sure they don't. They have noticed the increase in incoming damage, but it's still not alarming enough for them to fear dying uncontrollably and frequently. -END EDIT-

-2nd EDIT-
    Also, how many points have you invested in those skills that increase HP or S/R/T-def? The "you" in my question doesn't refer to you as in singling you out, but to everyone who plays enough of the game to know to not put points randomly in the trees.

Sure your dps would drop by 50% at least (or maybe even 90%) compared to what your current meta build provides. And yes, it would piss people off who spent millions on their current equipment. But you can always have a 2nd set of equipment, more defense oriented. You don't need to have 7-slot minimum to join a quest.

As for Techer being mandatory, yes, it should be addressed. In fact, Techer's unique contribution was already 3 scales larger than what the term "brokenly OP" could describe. I mean, the class literally increases a player'swhole group's of 12 players effective HP by a factor of over 100% by simply pressing 1 button once per 3 mins. There is nothing even remotely close to that OPness for the Offense department (not even pre-nerf WB, not even initial state of Hero class). It was just never discussed seriously because it was never required. Maybe share with some other underepresented class the buffs for Deband and Shifta (like Summoner, who lacks non-pet-oriented skills), or buff Shiftaride/Debanride consumables to that level.
    Last edited by Dark Mits; Oct 20, 2017 at 07:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    The problem with boosted bosses one-shotting players isn't that their damage is set too high, but the exact opposite; the players have too low Defense because the game never required us to focus on it.
    because they lazy to press dodge or guard

As someone else stated, and I agree with, that this boost is to collect data. They boosted these two quest, put shiny drops in their drop pools to make people play them, all so they can collect data on how hard to make the new up coming "pro players" content.

This isn't the first time they have done this. This is the only first time they put really shiny things in the drop pool instead of giving us a SH Elder with anywhere between x5 to x20 HP *cough hello ship 1* to see what the players can deal with.

The best way to collect data instead of giving us a boosted Elder with boosted Elder drops is to put things people actually want in the drop pool and buff the chances to get them.

Profound Invasion is the HP sponge quest to see how fast players can strip a large targets hit points.
    Ult Amd is the skill based quest to see how well players can deal with buffed HP enemies that can actually fight back.
    Last edited by Vatallus; Oct 20, 2017 at 08:05 AM.

@dark mits

I would had agreed with you but for the longest time, the game was fine always labeling def as a worthless stat. Yes a def investment would be warranted if only they buff up the attack but you also have to consider the 5x more HP meaning you also have to consider having attack just to chip the boss down else it would be a really boring game of tank slapping each other.

@oratank

I hate people who assume just because you die means you are lazy at dodging or didn't try hard enough. We already discussed this a few page back about so many shit happening at the screen at once that there is no way you can always be dodging things at 100% especially as after you dodge, another attack will be in your face again.

Just consider this: What if instead of Atk Team Tree, Atk from campship and atk food you instead used Def? What if instead of +150 atk affixes you had +100HP/+50 Def? What if instead of a full damage build you had HU sub with maxxed Guard Stance? -EDIT- Ask players around that play tanking builds for fun if they even fear the boosted enemies. I'm sure they don't. They have noticed the increase in incoming damage, but it's still not alarming enough for them to fear dying uncontrollably and frequently. -END EDIT-

-2nd EDIT-
    Also, how many points have you invested in those skills that increase HP or S/R/T-def? The "you" in my question doesn't refer to you as in singling you out, but to everyone who plays enough of the game to know to not put points randomly in the trees.

Sure your dps would drop by 50% at least (or maybe even 90%) compared to what your current meta build provides. And yes, it would piss people off who spent millions on their current equipment. But you can always have a 2nd set of equipment, more defense oriented. You don't need to have 7-slot minimum to join a quest.

Let me turn off etrial announcements in the middle of the screen and zoom out a bit further so i dont get btfo by random stuff sliding into my rear and doing 1300+ dmg

And for the love of christ let me move the camera up and down when I've locked onto something,or a lockon that picks the parts you want to lock on by using left/right camera directions,in an order,so i didnt have nightmares trying to lock-on to apos core or something.

the camera in this game is the true endgame boss.
    Half the deaths are just not seeing where an unforgiving attack just hit you.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by AirinMikune View Post
    We already discussed this a few page back about so many shit happening at the screen at once that there is no way you can always be dodging things at 100% especially as after you dodge, another attack will be in your face again.
    The problem with boosted bosses one-shotting players
    well which boosted boss you talking about that having so many shit happening at the screen i have no idea

I been in the boat of this game being just a fashion simulator for the past year, and I didnt mind it. But this upgrade made content more fun overall. I actually have a reason to play the EQs now, instead of just taging along with the other 11 and looting at the end. Most XH content can be face tanked with minimal defensive boosts and affixes thanks to being able to heal back instantly thanks to resta or automate(and now regen ring, fornis and stuff) and to top it all, you can get revived easily several times if you do die.

I am hoping they add a new difficulty based in these changes, as it does motivate careful playing. I mean, I prefer this kind of difficulty adjustment over current meta, which is mostly spamming the same PAs with minimal dodging when majority of incoming attacks can be ignored and healed next second.

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

oh right: http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E7%8...8A%A0#b2346bdb

that affix+grind boost comment in the OP forgets the fact that they have found some reason to -always- do a 5% affix boost about this time of year every year (after the first because it was all still kinda newish)

anyway that's all I wanted to point out

Quote Originally Posted by Moffen View Post
    Let me turn off etrial announcements in the middle of the screen and zoom out a bit further so i dont get btfo by random stuff sliding into my rear and doing 1300+ dmg

And for the love of christ let me move the camera up and down when I've locked onto something,or a lockon that picks the parts you want to lock on by using left/right camera directions,in an order,so i didnt have nightmares trying to lock-on to apos core or something.

the camera in this game is the true endgame boss.
    Half the deaths are just not seeing where an unforgiving attack just hit you.
    THIS 100000000000 THIS. I think it's even worse for players who use pad. Like lock and center camera are on same button -_-. I use the keep button pressed to lock and once a target is out of reach, dead or a part is broken, I find myself turning my back to the target @_@ Great. Sometimes to manage to lock what I want I have to literally kiss the target. Awesome when you play ranged :v Also for Gu when you get into the air I happen to find the way to make camera follow where you are. Hit '+' of your numpad (or tps in/out mode but I guess everyone know this).