Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    Why are you trying to revive the era of requiring classes within your MPA in order to have a properly functioning MPA.

They nerfed WB nonsense for this very reason.

People never liked needing a specific class within the MPA in order for the quest to be run as intended.
    My thoughts exactly. That's why I was a little salty when I found some attacks that shouldn't even be one shots would kill me without Techer deband.

Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Here's a thing that's common between those two attacks: they are both telegraphed for 5 seconds in advance. They are stupidly freaking slow, and you have to not pay attention at all to not notice them. Steroid Pendrans can also be stunlocked if you open their weakpoint, they just sit there doing nothing for a while, and a single person has enough power to do it. I've never had trouble with these attacks in MPA setting in Expert blocks. I'm saying this as someone who is still running 980 HP with Hunter and 1200 HP with Fighter and Hero.
    I'll grant you that, but it is the infected mosh-pit of dragons (can't be stopped) that show up with anga that I was referring to. I just play the ranged game when they have max infection now.

And the sonic booms I was talking about, you know the rapid slash waves before it finishes with a stun and lots of ground AOE? Those are around 1100-1200 each.
    Another attack I just remembered, a little hard to describe... when Anga lines up with its bits and swings beams of energy at people in front in a giant sort of whipping motion? I think that's at least a little over 1k.

I take some solace in the fact this isn't a sample of what's to come (I hope), but still, you'd think after the mess that was FF14 LQ they'd put a little more thought into number values effects on gameplay instead of multiplying enemy atk power and repackaging it as some exciting new gameplay experience.
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Oct 20, 2017 at 03:40 AM.

They could lower the level requirement for the hero class. I am fairly new, and getting three level 75's through these missions seems like a long-term goal....

Quote Originally Posted by The City View Post
    They could lower the level requirement for the hero class. I am fairly new, and getting three level 75's through these missions seems like a long-term goal....
    It's not intended for new players.

Hence labled as an "advanced class"

That being said, you can generally get Hero unlocked within a week of playing with some guidance.

I mean I was able to grind through ~35mil EXP in about 3-4 hours.

Granted I had end game gear to help but still. The game pushes you to Level 50 really quickly.

300% boost on leveling quest you can make it 600k every 2 minute on sh with full pt and75% and the best part is you barely touch anything
    Last edited by oratank; Oct 20, 2017 at 04:00 AM.

In terms of challenging difficulty, I still can't beat Phaleg, even with Hero. And my gear wasn't that bad too.
    Name: シナンジュ
    Ship: 2
    Main Class: HERO
    "IT'S OVER, PSO2. I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND!" -MHW to PSO2

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    My thoughts exactly. That's why I was a little salty when I found some attacks that shouldn't even be one shots would kill me without Techer deband.

I'll grant you that, but it is the infected mosh-pit of dragons (can't be stopped) that show up with anga that I was referring to. I just play the ranged game when they have max infection now.

And the sonic booms I was talking about, you know the rapid slash waves before it finishes with a stun and lots of ground AOE? Those are around 1100-1200 each.
    Another attack I just remembered, a little hard to describe... when Anga lines up with its bits and swings beams of energy at people in front in a giant sort of whipping motion? I think that's at least a little over 1k.

I take some solace in the fact this isn't a sample of what's to come (I hope), but still, you'd think after the mess that was FF14 LQ they'd put a little more thought into number values effects on gameplay instead of multiplying enemy atk power and repackaging it as some exciting new gameplay experience.
    While I also dislike some mobs or normally trivial attacks one shooting you, I think these two attacks are finally at their rightful place. I mean come on, Anga menacingly roars at you before teleporting all over the place or flying and throwing blades everywhere . It bears all the characteristics of a pattern where you have to get defensive (The windows to hit it without being hit are very small for a reason). Most of the telegraphed attacks should be like that, since let's all remember we're talking 12 man content with each man carrying 5 AoE revival items, with a range that can be extended + cast speed reduced with a ring AND potentially half dolls. Dying to something like that can happen, but it's not the end of the world here.

Also I'm a man of small pleasures. SEGA even trying to understand and define what endgame is is enough for me to enjoy it, instead of just throwing a moldy bone like another solo XQ twice a year and be satisfied with it. There WILL be other similar fuck-ups, but if they can at least get a clear view of what veterans expect in terms of difficulty, I can live with a few unfair one-shots for a week
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Oct 20, 2017 at 04:30 AM.

The only thing that bugs me about the game is just how egregiously huge enemy hitboxes are.

Even when you're the host of the MPA, there are just some attacks that miss me by 1.5-2 whole character lengths, but I still get hit.

Maybe that's just ping but idk.

It's the opposite for me. I expect to counter things, but they miss completely, even though their model clearly goes through my character.

As for Techer thing, I think they should make its main-only skills party-only. That is, after they give Techer proper damage buffs (like, I dunno, PAs).

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    Maybe that's just ping but idk.
    It's not ping. I'm guessing it's there to sort of force people to study the boss' movements instead of depending on visual distance for everything. If the hitboxes were to exact size, then people would be getting hit much less. Hero would also have more problems countering.

One of the worst offenders is Mom and her 2nd phase (when she's directly target-able) 'KUDAKEYO' claw swipe: that thing can hit even if you're behind her and/or nowhere near her arm when she swings it. There's also Deus' snake heads when they rush forward or sideways across the player's location, and the beams they fire from their mouths.

Quote Originally Posted by blkbox11 View Post
    It's not ping. I'm guessing it's there to sort of force people to study the boss' movements instead of depending on visual distance for everything. If the hitboxes were to exact size, then people would be getting hit much less. Hero would also have more problems countering.

One of the worst offenders is Mom and her 2nd phase (when she's directly target-able) 'KUDAKEYO' claw swipe: that thing can hit even if you're behind her and/or nowhere near her arm when she swings it. There's also Deus' snake heads when they rush forward or sideways across the player's location, and the beams they fire from their mouths.
    Yeah that shit's dumb because it makes things too punishing for no good reason.

There is already too much shit obscured in terms of game mechanics as it is.