Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

For improvements, I really hope they speed up the transformation time in the future. Its a little frustrating to see hordes of enemies run by me, charging straight at a tower/buster pile unchallenged because my character takes too long showboating.

activate barrier then transform

So has anyone come up with a dps rotation for dark blast? I find that the combo that launches you into the air to be annoying because it takes forever to land. You are forced to use tyrant strike dive kick to land which is pretty slow. Infinity rush seems too imprecise and punishment knuckle is also awkward and slow. Everything on dark blast seems like a sloppy aoe attack which i'm guessing is intended. I can't say i'm a fan of it so far.

I am going to be that one salty person and say that i would have preffered if those dark blast pa's were given to knuckles/jb instead.(that movable thousand flash/rider kick are dope)
    i hope that having elder form does not block a future advanced class that uses either jb/fists from ever happening

Quote Originally Posted by Suplin View Post
    i hope that having elder form does not block a future advanced class that uses either jb/fists from ever happening
    I'm actually worried about this too, although I'd prefer they come up with new frameworks instead of repurposing existing weapons. It'd be fuckin' awesome if there was a martial artist kinda class that uses photons as ki. Maybe a class that uses a vehicle or other kinds of machines to fight full-time; make it transform into a giant arm cannon or something for a finisher!

Side note, but I'm surprised I have yet to see any JoJo edits of Dark Blast using Infinity Rush.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Quote Originally Posted by Crayzus View Post
    So has anyone come up with a dps rotation for dark blast? I find that the combo that launches you into the air to be annoying because it takes forever to land. You are forced to use tyrant strike dive kick to land which is pretty slow. Infinity rush seems too imprecise and punishment knuckle is also awkward and slow. Everything on dark blast seems like a sloppy aoe attack which i'm guessing is intended. I can't say i'm a fan of it so far.
    ^ This ^. The guy is the size of rockbear and is filled with helium...
    Technically I try to avoid using it because for current content it's cheat mode and for BQ it's useless/impractical. I do more damage spaming brightness end in middle of mobs :/
    Last edited by Masu; Oct 27, 2017 at 06:05 PM.

5th normal is supposed to bring you back down to the ground with a shit ton of damage.

His post reeked of "I'm basing my overall opinion on my own unfinished skillset" in general, although even I'll admit Dark Blast is pretty underwhelming out of the box, and thus doesn't make a good first impression from a damage perspective.

At any rate, its strength is primarily while you're being mobbed, and most of its attacks reflect that, including the combo finisher, but Punishment Knuckle does some good damage once you've got its damage up and its charge time down, and the Ora Ora Ora increases in power as it's held down. Ultimate Impact goes by the mobbing rule, but it'll still give you a few hundred thousand damage even when it doesn't hit a weak point, and is likely capable of hitting the damage cap at full damage potential otherwise.

As implied, Dark Blast's real weakness is that you need to invest awhile to get it to where it's worth using over what you would be doing anyway, but after a few million EXP it'll be able to pull its weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Geistritter View Post
    As implied, Dark Blast's real weakness is that you need to invest awhile to get it to where it's worth using over what you would be doing anyway, but after a few million EXP it'll be able to pull its weight.
    can confirm. lost 8k dps switching to Dark Blast during the DPS check in deus.

was not pleased with results.