Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    every 4hrs i seem to get a Nem if i stay nonstop, starting to see a pattern here, a really old one

also, are you guys gonna complain Raid Dragon drops only? cuz theres no CF there either w hope you got lots of meseta for that expensive 14* sword
    no cf is fine. being 14* drop rate is NOT...

The difference is that we are able to buy and sell the 13* weapons for the trade-in 14* upgrades. You can farm meseta to eventually earn your way to the trade-in 14* if luck isn't on your side, but the drop only 14*s are essentially farm for eternity until it happens so good luck and have fun. Also, with the ability to buy and sell the 13*s, extra or undesired 13* drops may be sold to satisfy both the fortunate and unfortunate. Unless they make the trade-in 14*s unique with their potentials like the current drop only 14*s, I honestly couldn't care any less about them.

Quote Originally Posted by milranduil View Post
    no cf is fine. being 14* drop rate is NOT...
    250% agree with you man, these rates are bad, rare boss rate increase doesnt really help either and not only that, Lilipa UQ is hitting next week and we're still gonna see these bad rates.

I read this the other day (i may have read too into it but it looks too real), it seemed rather odd and a bit fishy to me because when i used to farm rare Gryphon on release with 12 others, roughly about 5-8 at a time would get it within certain time hit, no way its coincidence since it seemed VERY consist as we did this with about 90% of the BW's that occured.

Anyways heres what the guy said, something about "swatching" back in the old days of DC pso:

"Long time ago people figured out that there were times it seemed like good stuff would drop for a couple of minutes and then go back to normal. Turns out there was a pattern to it and you could adjust your consoles date and time to manipulate or replicate a "hot beat". It was big news back when it was first discovered and I used it to grab a bunch of red drops on my dreamcasts PSO. I dont know if its the same for any of the sequels".

Which brings me back to Sega mentioning in a stream a long time ago that there were hidden mechanics in the game they wouldnt mention because it would take the "fun" of the game and that they wouldnt disclose it. So despite how frustrated I am about these horrid rates, I'm still inclined to believe a system similar to this is being used in pso2 but hey, I could be reading tooo into it again but I guess we cant really say unless someone manages to get really deep into the games data which even then, something like this is probably server side only and we may never know.

Also convinced theres a well rested bonus too

anyways, back to more mind numbing UQ grind
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Dec 2, 2017 at 07:39 PM.

250% agree with you man, these rates are bad, rare boss rate increase doesnt really help either and not only that, Lilipa UQ is hitting next week and we're still gonna see these bad rates.

I read this the other day (i may have read too into it but it looks too real), it seemed rather odd and a bit fishy to me because when i used to farm rare Gryphon on release with 12 others, roughly about 5-8 at a time would get it within certain time hit, no way its coincidence since it seemed VERY consist as we did this with about 90% of the BW's that occured.

Anyways heres what the guy said, something about "swatching" back in the old days of DC pso:

"Long time ago people figured out that there were times it seemed like good stuff would drop for a couple of minutes and then go back to normal. Turns out there was a pattern to it and you could adjust your consoles date and time to manipulate or replicate a "hot beat". It was big news back when it was first discovered and I used it to grab a bunch of red drops on my dreamcasts PSO. I dont know if its the same for any of the sequels".

Which brings me back to Sega mentioning in a stream a long time ago that there were hidden mechanics in the game they wouldnt mention because it would take the "fun" of the game and that they wouldnt disclose it. So despite how frustrated I am about these horrid rates, I'm still inclined to believe a system similar to this is being used in pso2 but hey, I could be reading tooo into it again but I guess we cant really say unless someone manages to get really deep into the games data which even then, something like this is probably server side only and we may never know.

anyways, back to more mind numbing UQ grind
    It's worth mentioning that PSU also had a similar system with the Photon Fortunes. If PSO2 has something like that, then it would explain why drops are so prone to streaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    It's worth mentioning that PSU also had a similar system with the Photon Fortunes. If PSO2 has something like that, then it would explain why drops are so prone to streaks.
    ya having 3* luck is great for drops and what not but even drop rates werent as bad from what i remember

ya having 3* luck is great for drops and what not but even drop rates werent as bad from what i remember
    Yeah, i just think that if PSO1 and PSU both had systems like that, then it wouldn't be surprising for PSO2 to also have something like that.

PSO1's beat system was literally shown in the menu for sequels. Lower tier rares had like 10x drop rate during like 10% of every day. Super high tier rares had like 10x drop rate during like 1 and a half minutes of every day (as Kril said).

PSU's luck changing by day was nowhere near as bad as PSO1's luck
    Known as Niem on Ship 2.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenFalcon View Post
    PSO1's beat system was literally shown in the menu for sequels. Lower tier rares had like 10x drop rate during like 10% of every day. Super high tier rares had like 10x drop rate during like 1 and a half minutes of every day (as Kril said).

PSU's luck changing by day was nowhere near as bad as PSO1's luck
    mind showing me where? im curious.

and ya i feel like thats what is implemented now just we of course have no control over it

further proof of the whole "luck streak then nothing" thing, I got 2 Nemesis NT rifles within about 10 minutes of eachother the first day ult nab boost came back (at around 8-9 PM EST)

also between both occurrences of ult nab boost starting I played right after maint ended and both times I got a 13* drop in a very short time (like less than an hour of grinding), one rewarded me with a gix talis and the other time rewarded me with a nemesis takt. (Both before 4AM EST)

or maybe RNG is just bein stupid as usual, who knows.

Every single one of my ★13 drops from the 1st and 2nd campaigns were from mobs. Not a single boss drop. Although this guarantees that they're Nemesis, I've only gotten 3 so far. I'll need another 3, unless the Katana drops directly...