Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    +50% DEF... Dunno if that's a great trade for +50% PP regen.
    monsters at lvl 80 have 315 defense. 50% more is only 472.5 defense... Most people are over 3000+ attack. An extra 157.5 defense won't change much.

If it was damage reduction... then that'll be much more significant. Then again SEGA never actually specifies between the two. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Reilet View Post
    monsters at lvl 80 have 315 defense. 50% more is only 472.5 defense... Most people are over 3000+ attack. An extra 157.5 defense won't change much.
    If I'm understanding the damage formula correctly, I think it means that players with most of their damage coming from multipliers will have larger part of their effective damage reduced compared to players who have more raw stats and lower multipliers. Or in other words, it's a way to reduce the power gap between players who research for max damage and those who pick random skills.

The 50% PP buff makes no sense. They buff enemy hp so that enemies survive longer, but buff our PP regen to help us kill enemies more quickly?

That's more or less correct. It also depends on the ratio of raw attack to modifiers, so it's a case by case basis.

The damage formula in simple terms looks like: ((attack stat - enemy defense) * area modifier + (weapon attack * weapon element) * element modifier) / 5 * 1.05 * (total multiplier from skills, potential, affixes, etc)

Aka every 5 attack is roughly equal to 1 damage before multipliers. And it's slightly different for techs. Area modifier replaced with element modifier and they don't get the weapon element part iirc
    Last edited by Reilet; Nov 29, 2017 at 06:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    If I'm understanding the damage formula correctly, I think it means that players with most of their damage coming from multipliers will have larger part of their effective damage reduced compared to players who have more raw stats and lower multipliers. Or in other words, it's a way to reduce the power gap between players who research for max damage and those who pick random skills.

The 50% PP buff makes no sense. They buff enemy hp so that enemies survive longer, but buff our PP regen to help us kill enemies more quickly?
    The random skills only add like, 50 to 75 ATK. Most of the ATK comes from 12* to 13*, and average 13* to Qliph 2x affix.

50% PPR is always welcome for Forces though.

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

the boosted def means item abilities, shifta/shifta drink/team tree attack boost, and class skills like PP Slayer and Photon Flare will all make more of a difference than they normally would.

the boosted pp regen makes Force, Partisan dancing, Just/Reload, and any other pp regen that gets boosted by passive regen boosts stronger here too
    EDIT: is it just passive regen? or is it both passive AND active?
    Last edited by Zorak000; Nov 29, 2017 at 11:17 AM.

im convinced sega lowered the rates to compensate for the extra 50%, this is just ridiculous even with the rare bosses showing up a bit more it feels like nothing is dropping, even the 10*'s. oh but i get plenty of eggs i dont need for a class that already forgettable.

dont get me started with the amount of BNS spam im seeing all day, including on the bosses even while resisted on anga

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post

dont get me started with the amount of BNS spam im seeing all day, including on the bosses even while resisted on anga
    But it's SOOOOOOOO SKILLFUL!

it doesn't feel like anything changed, nothing dropped before, nothing does now
    hi

Friendly reminder that boosts are likely to doube stack on PSO2 Day, which means you get one day of +250% RDR/EXP.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

PSO2 Day +300 RDR, +250 +100% Triboost... 4 hours of farming... + 8 hours of farming on previous campagn - got only 1 NT dagger and about 50 crystals.
    STILL NO FUCKING WEILA BOARD!