Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Moffen View Post
    >Useless weapon swap gimmick
    How is seamlessly transitioning between different weapons a useless gimmick lmao
    Because you can just switch weapons via numpad, and chances are you have shortcut words tied to them. You can't change which PA switches to what weapon; the PA is probably something you don't want to use in that moment. Also the usefulness of the shitty attack after doing switching via PA is diminished when whatever you're using is most likely the dominant weapon for that situation anyway, usually Sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaelouse View Post
    Because you can just switch weapons via numpad, and chances are you have shortcut words tied to them. You can't change which PA switches to what weapon; the PA is probably something you don't want to use in that moment. Also the usefulness of the shitty attack after doing switching via PA is diminished when whatever you're using is most likely the dominant weapon for that situation anyway, usually Sword.
    *raises hand*
    I play on PS4 and Vita. What numpad?
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    *raises hand*
    I play on PS4 and Vita. What numpad?
    D-Pad isnt hard to swap either

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    D-Pad isnt hard to swap either
    I know that, but it's not instant the same way numpad access is. You also can't swap and move without claw grip.
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

As someone who has a custom joy to key set up specifically for being able to switch between weapon palettes, I still think the PA swap is useful enough that I wouldn't want to see it changed, and don't actually see a reason to change it.

D-pad swapping is actually cancer. Have to hit the down button 2 times just to cycle through weapons and even then it sometimes doesnt work,ive hit it 5 times before now without it coming up and i know its not a dpad problem on my controller because it works fine everywhere else.
    Wish it was as fluid as cycling weapons in PSU.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Moffen View Post
    D-pad swapping is actually cancer. Have to hit the down button 2 times just to cycle through weapons and even then it sometimes doesnt work,ive hit it 5 times before now without it coming up and i know its not a dpad problem on my controller because it works fine everywhere else.
    Wish it was as fluid as cycling weapons in PSU.
    how was it in psu?

You used d-pad while holding down a designated button, and weapon switching happened when you released that button.

Neither is actually good, though. They should've simply made weapon switch happen instantly when you press a d-pad button.

Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    You used d-pad while holding down a designated button, and weapon switching happened when you released that button.

Neither is actually good, though. They should've simply made weapon switch happen instantly when you press a d-pad button.
    The problem there is that if you're lagging, you have to wait for each weapon to rotate through. Also, this can potentially mess up certain things like Nemesis-NT potential, which doesn't reset if you switch to another weapon with the same Potential and Potential level.

They could make scrolling independent from actual weapon. Or, even better, they could make weapon switching not lag. Like, from the start. But asking SEGA to have basic competence is just too much...