Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zulastar View Post
    Well. Then how can you explain that shit when I'm can't kill Arathorn Phemut for a complete bingo.
    For two days in a row I'm attending ALL Christmas EQs in schedule and it JUST DON'T FUKING SPAWN!
    lol i have the same problem! and Aratron in the story quest doesn't work because it's the real Aratron and not the phantom
    "Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee."
    - Godot, Ace Attorney 3

Quote Originally Posted by TheFanaticViper View Post
    lol i have the same problem! and Aratron in the story quest doesn't work because it's the real Aratron and not the phantom
    And they gives me that bullshit about no lottery in this game...
    SG scratch... I'm saving SG whole month to collect 800 of them and it gives me 4 shitty music discs, 2 pieces of shit that I can't use, 2 pieces of shit that I don't need and 2 items which I'm already have... and there's no lotterry. HELL NO!
    Last edited by Zulastar; Dec 12, 2017 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aexorcet View Post
    I see that as an issue when mobs are just fodder for you to blow up. If they actually tried to fight, then I don't think it's a problem. In that case it would be more fun. My idea is intended for EQ style quests more than free explore by the way, so I'm assuming that you have 11 other players to work with.
    I believe finding the golden spot between current XH (Tokyo and Vegas) and UQ enemy "annoyance" would be ideal for a possible XH ARKS/Free quest difficulty.
    I'm not sure. It will probably depend on how its done. Like my idea behind the cooperating darkers could just be an aggro override. If the shield guys stun someone, that player is bumped to the top of the aggro list for the teleporters. Spacing can be controlled sort of like it is in TD/BQ, with mobs told to prefer specific locations.
    This is a great idea, but it would find more use in a role-based MMO. PSO2 players would simply instantly die if they got focused at once from more than 2-3 enemies of their level. This is because everyone* has equipped themselves for maximum damage and minimum resilience.

*'everyone' as a generalisation.
    Maybe Sega should try a different approach, instead of giving everyone the same level of difficulty, make the high difficulty stuff optional. That way they don't have to cater to everyone. It seems to work to a degree with Deus rematch, Solo XQ, and Solo PD. Regular Deus and Odin LQ heal mechanics failed perhaps because they annoyed the more casual playerbase.
    But it is optional already. It's not mandatory to do highest level of quests. I wouldn't be surprised if 80/80s are running Featured Quests on Normal for even faster speedruns.
    The problem here is that if nothing about enemies is changed, there will still be steamrolls. I try to avoid expert blocks just to stretch out quests a little, but the last few non expert Deus still felt like racing to get 1-2 hits in before Deus recoiled into cutscene armor. For free field, it's so quick to mindlessly destroy entire maps that I think I would still finish with S rank on average under your system unless the spawns were terrible. I do daily quests on SH/XH by default. Ecode tends to be "use Gigrants once or twice" unless it's a boss, then it's "use Barantsion and possibly some Ragrants". Some HP/attack buffs on the AI would help here (XH on all maps please), but even then most stuff is going to get stunned to death.
    Sega's events with increased HP and Atk for enemies are great ways to finally start paying attention to the screen, and to also "force" players to cooperate for bosses instead of soloing them.

Also regarding my system, my intent isn't to prohibit players from S-ranking. It's more to act as a timesink. Imagine if you needed 15-20mins to get S-rank for Daily FQ Free field instead of the current 3-5 mins. The exploration objectives also act as a way to make the player(s) try to pay attention to their surroundings (some boxes for example are semi-hidden) and to increase the chance of meeting others in your path.

This thread is now a venting thread.
    Spoiler!

Oh god, a discussion is happening! We cannot possibly allow THAT on a public forum!

Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Oh god, a discussion is happening! We cannot possibly allow THAT on a public forum!
    I all fairness the nuances of RNG drops, and enemy AI balance are pretty off topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulastar View Post
    And they gives me that bullshit about no lottery in this game...
    SG scratch... I'm saving SG whole month to collect 800 of them and it gives me 4 shitty music discs, 2 pieces of shit that I can't use, 2 pieces of shit that I don't need and 2 items which I'm already have... and there's no lotterry. HELL NO!
    Didn't say all the RNG in this game would be mitigated.
    I was just saying the CFs were a major necessary step in the right direction to cut back on the proportion of this game that is a lottery.

Some people like the fact that they can spend hours on end waisting their time away grinding to get current. I guess that's fun. CF is good in idea, but SEGA found a way to make it a bothersome process.You'll either play this game on SEGA's time, or you'll pray that you get random RNG drops. They really should make a more progressive way to get up to date items.

I know the CM stuff could use an NT version, would give them a reason to give it another mode, and still make that content relevant. The most is all dead, besides if you want to quickly get a few of the units. Hell let you trade in CM Points for the Grind extend to upgrade old weapons that you missed out on collecting to reach 35+ But nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Totori View Post
    Some people like the fact that they can spend hours on end waisting their time away grinding to get current. I guess that's fun. CF is good in idea, but SEGA found a way to make it a bothersome process.You'll either play this game on SEGA's time, or you'll pray that you get random RNG drops. They really should make a more progressive way to get up to date items.
    Yeah that honestly is still a problem. They still manage to make us play on their schedule with CFs, and expiration dates.

Quote Originally Posted by Totori View Post
    Hell let you trade in CM Points for the Grind extend to upgrade old weapons that you missed out on collecting to reach 35+ But nope.
    Nah, son. Go grind 300 class cubes (of course I don't like it either).

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    Yeah that honestly is still a problem. They still manage to make us play on their schedule with CFs, and expiration dates.
    They need to add all eqs to rotation and continue with the current system (CF for average ~ good gear, good to powerful drop only with some trade in like nemesis)
    Speaking of nemesis trash, why sega didnt change the stone shop? it would have been easier to add NT versions to the stone shop and allowing zig to transform the old weapons we had.
    Spoiler!