Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    13* drop count now at 6. This is my 3rd sword.

This is my first weapon drop that has an SSA already on it: S2: photon reduction. all other weapons with that already on it are almost 70mil. I don't know enough about these SSAs and the value of em, but would this really sell?
    I don't know about 70 but it just might. The only real S2 competition is 12% crit rate, and 10% pp reduction is just a great value for one measly affix slot. That SSA is also only available as a drop. Yesterday when I was spam searching after a dragon for one, I saw the cheapest at 70m, then 50m, then 8m (poor guy didn't even check affixes I guess). After I bought the 8m I kept checking for a while and the 50 was gone a few minutes later. Would assume it sold.

Damn dragon keeps jumping out of my pets range so i rely on the sword for my damage most times when maron isent up (And sometimes Redran if the poor deary could survive more than 2 hits
    Last edited by ratatosk; Dec 22, 2017 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceresa View Post
    I don't know about 70 but it just might. The only real S2 competition is 12% crit rate, and 10% pp reduction is just a great value for one measly affix slot. That SSA is also only available as a drop. Yesterday when I was spam searching after a dragon for one, I saw the cheapest at 70m, then 50m, then 8m (poor guy didn't even check affixes I guess). After I bought the 8m I kept checking for a while and the 50 was gone a few minutes later. Would assume it sold.
    Yeah it just sold for almost 70mil.

Christ this EQ just put 135mil into my pocket in 3 days.

Also, yeah you're right. I've been reading the constantly updating page in engrish on Swiki. It kind of is the only S2 worth a slot.

At any rate, I guess the game really doesn't want to help me out with my money predicament; I'm dirt poor, yet I haven't seen a single 13* yet.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    Multi-hit attacks. Strike Gust Type-0, pretty much all Double Saber and Twin Dagger attacks, Twin Machineguns (Gunner or Hero), even Techs, that's 30 HP per hit you're draining. You can bump your HP up to full in seconds just by sustaining your DPS.

HP Restorate, conversely, doesn't tick right away; you have to wait a few seconds for it to proc, at which point you may get whacked by another attack, which will set you back even further. Automate only procs at half HP; if you're just above the limit, nothing short of Iron Will will save you if you eat a kill shot that does more than half health. Fighter doesn't take Automate anyways because in LB, the threshold for Automate is too high, so it's a waste of Skill Points. Plus, even for Automate users, as long as you aren't in an environment where taking a single hit will proc Automate, the 1% lifedrain means you'll be chewing through your Mates at a much slower rate than if you weren't taking the 1% lifedrain.

Also, I think you're... kinda missing the point of the Rifle SSA? Why would you stick it on a melee weapon? You're moving practically all the time as melee, so it would barely activate at all. And as you said, PAs give enough Super Armor anyway, so it'd be a waste to put such a good SSA on a weapon that can almost never make use of it or benefit from it.
    Fair points for gun usage and perfect keeper, but I would argue as a hero you should be avoiding damage in first place, so resta should should suffice when you do. Automate being useless while using LB would mean the HP drain would be as bad, assuming you meant 1 HKOs.

I admit having your HP just above the 50% treshold is a problem, but from personal experience, most of the time if the 1st hit didnt trigger automate, then you will more likely survive the next hit without dying. I also consider you shouldnt be getting hit that often to reach these situations and hp regen would be enough to cover you, but I will concede that using this SSA does allow more aggressive playing when you reach these situations. In the case of Force though, I consider using uncharged resta better than relying in the 30 HP per hit from regular techs in a case of an emergency.

Melee was my personal choice mostly because of PA chaining problems, but for Techs you get Tech Parry(and now first blood), and for ranged classes you should be far away and avoid most of the fire, so I feel melee struggles the most with KB.

Edit: mixed up terms between rings/affix/skills/ssa
    Last edited by echofaith; Dec 22, 2017 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    At any rate, I guess the game really doesn't want to help me out with my money predicament; I'm dirt poor, yet I haven't seen a single 13* yet.
    Dont worry friendo just keep using 250 rare boosters and 100 tri boosts and you'll find one in no time. I got one this last run . Just borrow Maninblues luck

Quote Originally Posted by ratatosk View Post
    Dont worry friendo just keep using 250 rare boosters and 100 tri boosts and you'll find one in no time. I got one this last run . Just borrow Maninblues luck
    You know I never went in dragon EQ without 250+100 but haven't gotten any 13* from it either.
    Fuck droprate.
    >Heavy Hammer
    >get blow off by an Oodan

i've only gotten 1 13* and it was 8s bow with nothing on it, barely sold for 8.5m. as if mod farm wasn't all rng for money, this is 100x that.

Quote Originally Posted by echofaith View Post
    Fair points for gun usage and perfect keeper, but I would argue as a hero you should be avoiding damage in first place, so resta should should suffice when you do. Automate being useless while using LB would mean the HP drain would be as bad, assuming you meant 1 HKOs.

I admit having your HP just above the 50% treshold is a problem, but from personal experience, most of the time if the 1st hit didnt trigger automate, then you will more likely survive the next hit without dying. I also consider you shouldnt be getting hit that often to reach these situations and hp regen would be enough to cover you, but I will concede that using this ring does allow more aggressive playing when you reach these situations. In the case of Force though, I consider using uncharged resta better than relying in the 30 HP per hit from regular techs in a case of an emergency.

Melee was my personal choice mostly because of PA chaining problems, but for Techs you get Tech Parry(and now first blood), and for ranged classes you should be far away and avoid most of the fire, so I feel melee struggles the most with KB.
    The point about not taking Automate for FI is that you either die in one shot, or you run out of resources first because you're losing a Mate with every hit you eat. The latter case is where the 1% lifedrain shines, because it gives you near-indefinite sustain in LB without needing to stop and Mate up or risk a faceplant. In the former case, you'd probably need to be pretty godly with FI weapons to not get hit, otherwise you're either gambling with the Iron Will 75% proc rate or just not popping LB at all. That being said, since FI doesn't typically take Automate, having the 1% lifesteal is also good for FI outside of LB, since it gives them a way to heal off hits without needing to rely on a limited stock of Mates.

It's really not about whether or not you can survive a second hit that puts you below half, it's more about conserving Mates for those harder hits that don't chip away at your HP and just take big chunks. It's like, would you rather take a hit that puts you near half, then burn a Mate healing off a second hit, or take a hit that puts you near half, then just heal it off by attacking so you won't have to eat that Mate?

Ranger can't always stay out of the line of fire even in optimal environments, considering how a lot of raid bosses like to use AOEs, which is why the Rifle SSA exists explicitly for them (and even has the same trigger conditions as Standing Snipe).
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Quote Originally Posted by echofaith View Post
    The S4 for Rifle is only really useful for Rifle and for Ranger, mainly because most of raids or aggressive bosses will simply knock the shit out of you even if you don't have aggro, because of the wide AoE they get. The fact that the biggest multiplier for RA is Standing Snipe, and that that said multiplier requires you to stand still for extended periods of time means you will have to forsake Standing Snipe to simply dodge and use other PAs. That S4 being on Rifle simply means you will never be interrupted while trying to set Standing Snipe, which covers for the cooldown of Massive Hunter for HU sub, and actually open up possibilities for other subs. Losing automate can definitely be detrimental but you at least got the Massive Hunter part covered by the SSA.
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Dec 23, 2017 at 05:11 AM.