Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Originally, I wasn't a fan at all of the new EQ, but after running it a few times now that people have gotten a little better at knowing what to do with the swords, I'm still not all that much of a fan. Spending about 50% of the fight chasing after the stupid dragon is not necessarily the way to create fun content, especially since the fight is (theoretically) supposed to be geared towards Heroes.

I did in fact forget about the rifle yes. That would be me go to pot for melee, but the being stand still part kinda bothers me. Aside from very specific cases, PA super armor seems to suffice. I think I enjoy not being kbed mostly from stray attacks than from actual PA chaining.

What I dont see much appeal in, is the hp drain. It capping at 30 hp seems like a big turn off. Almost all classes not named Force and Hero get automate for mindless steamrolling anyway, and in some cases the hp regen ring is also a choice if you want to save on mates or just fix chip damage. I am not saying is bad at all, but I just dont see why is so popular(I think GS is the most expensive of all Vals by far) with the current stuff we have available

Quote Originally Posted by echofaith View Post
    I did in fact forget about the rifle yes. That would be me go to pot for melee, but the being stand still part kinda bothers me. Aside from very specific cases, PA super armor seems to suffice. I think I enjoy not being kbed mostly from stray attacks than from actual PA chaining.

What I dont see much appeal in, is the hp drain. It capping at 30 hp seems like a big turn off. Almost all classes not named Force and Hero get automate for mindless steamrolling anyway, and in some cases the hp regen ring is also a choice if you want to save on mates or just fix chip damage. I am not saying is bad at all, but I just dont see why is so popular(I think GS is the most expensive of all Vals by far) with the current stuff we have available
    I need it for gunner because it helps me maintain perfect keeper and lets me sub Fi instead of Hu..
    also screw this EQs point system.
    Some guy started the EQ before everyone was at the teleporter and by the time i got in,i only got to see the last few mobs.
    Got a C rank,even though i did the most damage on the dragon.

What a massive waste of time.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by echofaith View Post

Multi-hit attacks. Strike Gust Type-0, pretty much all Double Saber and Twin Dagger attacks, Twin Machineguns (Gunner or Hero), even Techs, that's 30 HP per hit you're draining. You can bump your HP up to full in seconds just by sustaining your DPS.

HP Restorate, conversely, doesn't tick right away; you have to wait a few seconds for it to proc, at which point you may get whacked by another attack, which will set you back even further. Automate only procs at half HP; if you're just above the limit, nothing short of Iron Will will save you if you eat a kill shot that does more than half health. Fighter doesn't take Automate anyways because in LB, the threshold for Automate is too high, so it's a waste of Skill Points. Plus, even for Automate users, as long as you aren't in an environment where taking a single hit will proc Automate, the 1% lifedrain means you'll be chewing through your Mates at a much slower rate than if you weren't taking the 1% lifedrain.

Also, I think you're... kinda missing the point of the Rifle SSA? Why would you stick it on a melee weapon? You're moving practically all the time as melee, so it would barely activate at all. And as you said, PAs give enough Super Armor anyway, so it'd be a waste to put such a good SSA on a weapon that can almost never make use of it or benefit from it.
    Last edited by Altiea; Dec 22, 2017 at 05:26 PM.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Boy, this EQ is...weird. I don't understand the purpose of Laconium Sword, or why people are fighting over it. It's significantly weaker than your regular equipment.
    Le Temps Detruit Tout
    Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tymek View Post
    Boy, this EQ is...weird. I don't understand the purpose of Laconium Sword, or why people are fighting over it. It's significantly weaker than your regular equipment.
    You're supposed to break the glowing blue weak points with it. Also, it's more powerful than your regular equipment for some regular classes, Hero (and certain other classes, provided optimal gear and circumstance) can compete with the Sword just fine, except where weak point breaks are concerned. For example, as RA/HU, I pretty much need the Sword to see reasonable DPS unless the Dragon is standing perfectly still, in which case Sat Cannon will out-DPS the Sword.
    Last edited by Altiea; Dec 22, 2017 at 05:31 PM.
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

13* drop count now at 6. This is my 3rd sword.

This is my first weapon drop that has an SSA already on it: S2: photon reduction. all other weapons with that already on it are almost 70mil. I don't know enough about these SSAs and the value of em, but would this really sell?

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    You're supposed to break the glowing blue weak points with it. Also, it's more powerful than your regular equipment for regular classes, Hero can compete with the Sword just fine, except where weak point breaks are concerned.
    I kind of not agree with that, several classes can do much better than what Laconium Sword has to offer, provided they're geared properly. It's still a great help as far as utility and mobility are concerned, or if your class is severely impaired by Dragon's hyperactivity

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    I kind of not agree with that, several classes can do much better than what Laconium Sword has to offer, provided they're geared properly. It's still a great help as far as utility and mobility are concerned, or if your class is severely impaired by Dragon's hyperactivity
    I understand that, that's why I edited my response.

Quote Originally Posted by Altiea View Post
    I understand that, that's why I edited my response.
    Yeah, sorry, posted before your edit, so didn't see. Also had a few runs with RA and I can say RA performs reasonably well, but you'll have to use different PAs than usual. Slider 0 is an obvious answer, but Homing Emission 0 is a great answer both to dragon's mobility and is great DPS if you're properly spaced. It has always been a key PA for bursting on small and mobile weakpoints. Satcan is only saved for specific stuns and phases there