Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default BEQ: whats the trend with using DB on Castle at the final phase?

I've noticed the past couple of weeks for whatever reason amongst everyone when rushing the Castle for the final part of BEQ that for some reason around 4-6 people will go DB instead of using them throughout the EQ. I dont understand, once his arm is down and even breaking his arm wp's he's easy to kill, whats the deal on this? I don't even notice a speed increase for this either

People dont like waiting for the other side to kill the mobs for the gates to drop,and sprinting there as db is faster than spamming PAs.
    Idk,I pop mine right on second hunar phase.
    Spoiler!

Well it's same question about tower on sides set defence with two shields. It's totally useless 'cause mobs spawn and go diagonally bypassing both of them.
    PPL in PUGs just don't understand about 7 plasmacasters is better than these doube shields. They can end any defence phase except the last one in mere 40 seconds. Yep they must be defenced hard and used before they go wasted by mobs. But with DB's support it's easy to do so. And in the last attack I always do a few shots on upper towers if some charges left. It;s much better than wasting DB on it. 10 minutes run isn't a dream with these nuances.

As for me I use my DB right after Buster phase in order to kill castles core fast and do some damage to it's sword(Lanzer)/Cannons(Dohr) or just to kill Hunar's arms. But there's nubs who use their DB's at Buster phase, which lasting time doesn't affected by mobs killing speed. Only Buster pile's life matter.

Casuls must play with casuls and don't even touch Expert Matching option.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulastar View Post
    Well it's same question about tower on sides set defence with two shields. It's totally useless 'cause mobs spawn and go diagonally bypassing both of them.
    PPL in PUGs just don't understand about 7 plasmacasters is better than these doube shields. They can end any defence phase except the last one in mere 40 seconds. Yep they must be defenced hard and used before they go wasted by mobs. But with DB's support it's easy to do so. And in the last attack I always do a few shots on upper towers if some charges left. It;s much better than wasting DB on it. 10 minutes run isn't a dream with these nuances.

As for me I use my DB right after Buster phase in order to kill castles core fast and do some damage to it's sword(Lanzer)/Cannons(Dohr) or just to kill Hunar's arms. But there's nubs who use their DB's at Buster phase, which lasting time doesn't affected by mobs killing speed. Only Buster pile's life matter.

Casuls must play with casuls and don't even touch Expert Matching option.
    actually, using DB at buster phase is the most useful if you want exp, which was basically the whole point of BEQ for a while for dark blast EXP. it runs for the same amount of time every run, so buster phase is easiest to exploit for as much exp as possible in a given run, not to mention things all spawned lined up for easy punishment knuckle/impact.

Quote Originally Posted by milranduil View Post
    actually, using DB at buster phase is the most useful if you want exp
    Place few more tousands of DB exp over MPA result... egoistic asshole's action. And I'm already fully cleared DB's tree without these dirty moves.

You only get 2 runs of beq on a single ship anyway, so taking longer is ultimately irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulastar View Post
    Place few more tousands of DB exp over MPA result... egoistic asshole's action. And I'm already fully cleared DB's tree without these dirty moves.
    uh what? entire MPA's were doing this and getting 4mil DB exp per run. what mpa result? do you need DB for towers to not take damage or something????

I have no problem with that. People seem to struggle to kill that Resta ogre so I have no issues with that saving it if you're on that side

I actually have a bigger problem with people not using the defensive weapons and screens

Using Dark Blast at final assault a few seconds before the end reminds me of the dude at "Who wants to be a millionaire" who used his lifeline at the final question to inform his parents that he won.

Serious answer: Because people want to get more DB exp, or because that's when they got it ready, or because they don't care. In the end the mpa is a success anyway. People who complain about "casuls" should maybe form closed circles of Expert players and not expect that every single other pug plays at exactly 100% of theoretical maximum efficiency all the time.

And as Starwind says, having all those defensive/offensive/teleportation options and not using them is way more detrimental to the success of the group than not using Dark Blast at the "proper" time. As is staying afk and not collecting mana because said player wants to facebook those 20 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Atmius View Post
    You only get 2 runs of beq on a single ship anyway, so taking longer is ultimately irrelevant.
    i multiship so speed is kinda of thing i need but not attainable on Ship 2 for w/e reason so i cant get my 4 runs in like i do on other ships

but thats not the point this thread, casual vs expert, i was genuinely curious as to why bother at the very end when its just a walk in the park.

i choose Balance type on my tower anyways, works fine since i stick to one tower (well on S2) so getting up to tower via teleporter is more convienient then using DB or being mid battlefield then pa traveling