Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 LastLast

TL;DR - Serious players are expected to section themselves off, even with expert matchmaking despite the fact that expert was intended for the more serious players, and casuals shouldn't section themselves off and not expert matchmaking.

SeemsGood

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    TL;DR - Serious players are expected to section themselves off, even with expert matchmaking despite the fact that expert was intended for the more serious players, and casuals shouldn't section themselves off and not expert matchmaking.

SeemsGood
    Basically yeah. "Expert" doesn't mean much. Like, I get the feeling but this whole situation is on Sega, not the players, so it seems logical to take the path of least resistance and just not even bother complaining about what other players do in pugs until Sega actually makes a match making system that groups players based on actual ability to clear specific content, not just whoever cheesed some XQ bosses.

There are some misunderstandings here from both sides.

The higher requirements you have for something, the harder it is to find people who meet them. Moreso in an environment where you could simulate player performance with a bell curve.
    - Wanting people to have +200atk affixes on every single unit is a requirement which narrows down what you would consider acceptable.
    - Wanting people to have <5ms latency to server for better performance is a requirement which narrows it down again
    - Wanting people who will always play at 95% of their peak performance at all times is a requirement which narrows it down again

The more criteria you want others to meet, the harder it is to find them, moreso in a random environment. This is why some of us here tell you to go for premade groups.

The best analogy I can think of is with rolling dice to determine starting stats when creating a D&D character. If you want your character to have 15 and above in all 6 stats, you can be damn sure you will get that like once per billion rolls, and every other dice roll will be "shit".

I understand that what you want is to make sure that Sega does this automatically for you. And it did initially. Expert mode just became easier and easier to achieve because of power creep. This doesn't mean that slackers joined Expert mode. It means that players whose performances were not above the cutoff point initially, suddenly met the requirement because their power increased, which is why Expert reqs will be revised. But at the same time your power also increased proportionally.

Player performance is a bell curve. Expert matchmaking doesn't mean that every player in this mode should have at all times performance which is better than 95% of the total playerbase. It simply means that the bell curve of player performances in Expert mode is shifted more to the "better" side. This also means that it is entirely possible to have people who have not yet managed to meet Expert criteria, but who outright decimate performances of people who have met them.

And finally, don't think that every non-Expert player wants and expects to be carried by better players. Some of us are not interested only in loot, and we do not keep track of our RDR and Triboost timers down to the second, but we do want to feel that we contributed to the group's success. I have personally abandoned mpas where the group is mostly lvl80 Heroes, exactly because I want to feel that I was there doing stuff and not just along for the ride.

Also GHNeko, noone said that Casuals shouldn't section themselves off. It's just that Casuals do not care about it.Relevant clip
    Last edited by Dark Mits; Mar 2, 2018 at 01:55 AM.

Maaaan, Mother won't even drop anything on PSO2 Day. That's rotten luck.
    ID: MPBLPure (Ship 2er)
    Akane Tekuro -- Proud Boots main; above average main character. Exploring Omega. Lead Chip: Matoi [S Halloween]
    Rei Sawatori - Hero. Taking a breather. Lead Chip: Darker Busters [Anniversary]
    クロナアルティア (Altiea) -- A Fighter jaded by trauma. Hanging out with the Darker Busters. Lead Chip: Celebrate Heroines [Anniversary]

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    Also GHNeko, noone said that Casuals shouldn't section themselves off. It's just that Casuals do not care about it.Relevant clip

*nods* You're right more or less.

The problem is that when serious players complain that casuals don't section themselves off and/or dont respect expert matchmaking, people tend to call them elitists, say its just a game, say its not that serious, tell them to section themselves off (while never agreeing or saying that casuals should do the same) and just go "well that's just the way it is. Things will always be the same."

Serious players know well that how casuals are. They're usually just venting when they complain because their run didnt go well.

Rarely do serious players who complain are met with agreement aside from similarly minded people. They're just like told off all the time.

All I've dropped so far is two 13* disappointments.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    *snip*
    I couldn't have said it better myself tbh.

I finally have three Nemesis weapons. Now I can trade them for─ Wait, nevermind. Summoner can't trade for their Nemesis weapon... orz

You can be as high geared as you like but you gonna still ba bad in the game if you're lacking skills...

I have seen some players with low/med-end affixes doing much better than high-end ones

PSO2 players tree ??? (in order):

Pro player>Average player>Casual player>Newbie player

Not that PSO2 requires skills to be played but at least know how to play properly.

Dodging, guarding and all of that.
    Last edited by NightlightPro; Mar 2, 2018 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NightlightPro View Post
    You can be as high geared as you like but you gonna still ba bad in the game if you're lacking skills...

I have seen some players with low/med-end affixes doing much better than high-end ones
    this is my opinion as well. i care way more about game sense and adaptation than affixes. that doesn't go so far to say that i wouldn't give a friend a hard time for playing with unaffixed units, especially in 2018. that's just unacceptable. there is a lot of gray area where i'm okay with people as long as they are truthfully trying.

that being said, in dragon, techers who don't sword, and anyone who uses sword and doesn't use charge to break...
    Spoiler!