Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7141516171819 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by milranduil View Post
    how is learning attack patterns, dodging patterns, countering patterns, etc. not a skill?
    I took it as they have learned the patterns to such a degree that it looks more like the entire thing is staged/choreographed rather than normal "skilled" gameplay; basically the difference between someone lining up their shots when aiming at a target and someone who can hit the bullseye while facing the other direction. It's skill, but it is to the degree that it could seem unbelievable to anyone not at that level.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    I took it as they have learned the patterns to such a degree that it looks more like the entire thing is staged/choreographed rather than normal "skilled" gameplay; basically the difference between someone lining up their shots when aiming at a target and someone who can hit the bullseye while facing the other direction. It's skill, but it is to the degree that it could seem unbelievable to anyone not at that level.
    i might agree with something like deadlion, but phaleg has a fair few number of randomized attack orders.

Quote Originally Posted by milranduil View Post
    i might agree with something like deadlion, but phaleg has a fair few number of randomized attack orders.
    Pretty much what Anduril said. Blame my poor english if you somewhat felt offended. I'm admirative of their skills but I don't envy them in the slightest. And sure there is room to argue with what I said. Still, recentely, I started to quit pugs when I see to much of well well known names at once because tbh they litteraly kill any fun playing with them. I even wonder tf they are doing in 12/12 pugs Anyway problem will soon be solved because I won't be able to tick xpert anymore Am average, not xpert
    Last edited by Masu; Apr 3, 2018 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Masu View Post
    Pretty much what Anduril said. Blame my poor english if you somewhat felt offended. I'm admirative of their skills but I don't envy them in the slightest. And sure there is room to argue with what I said. Still, recentely, I started to quit pugs when I see to much of well well known names at once because tbh they litteraly kill any fun playing with them. I even wonder tf they are doing in 12/12 pugs Anyway problem will soon be solved because I won't be able to tick xpert anymore Am average, not xpert
    i don't feel offended at all, just have a different point of view is all. i definitely agree pug can be quite boring with several good players, it takes the fun out of it. it's why i like to do lower person content like 4-6p regularly or wish that sega would release more stuff with that in mind. the majority of the time, those players are just doing pug to get it over with and move onto the next ship to do it again.

Anyway problem will soon be solved because I won't be able to tick xpert anymore Am average, not xpert
    you literally need to clear this with 3 other people and youre in, this is by no means "expert" diffculty. hell once the power creep gets deeper, this req will look just like the last solo XQ reqs: ez. 4 ppl doing cheese strats can clear this, i just dont understand how ppl are going to complain (and because this is psow, i'll clarify, I dont mean you specifically when i say complain) with even bad players spam Vapor/that 5 pp talis PA, ceiling height cap+talis spam and holding Rising Slash cant get them through this.

if they made it so only the solo version counted, I could get where youre coming from but just iunno i refuse to believe 4 cheesers cant get past the easy version of the XQ

You don't even need to cheese it out. Once you get past the first floor the rest is manageable.
    Oserez-vous percer le mystère de la malédiction ?
    www.hinamizawa.fr

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    you literally need to clear this with 3 other people and youre in, this is by no means "expert" diffculty. hell once the power creep gets deeper, this req will look just like the last solo XQ reqs: ez. 4 ppl doing cheese strats can clear this, i just dont understand how ppl are going to complain (and because this is psow, i'll clarify, I dont mean you specifically when i say complain) with even bad players spam Vapor/that 5 pp talis PA, ceiling height cap+talis spam and holding Rising Slash cant get them through this.

if they made it so only the solo version counted, I could get where youre coming from but just iunno i refuse to believe 4 cheesers cant get past the easy version of the XQ
    In my case I've only attempted solo version. I fail because of random hapening stuff I can't do anything about (like for example I'm runing xq and an unscheduled eq is about to happen the following hour, I can guess when they will happen without any tool because I get random odds because many people login in a short span) or simply because I lose patience too fast and derp. I should really try to switch to tier 1 to see if it helps when doing this kind of stuff. I just hope I will eventually get trough it before next power creep And as stupid as it can sound, I'm not interested to get my token from 4p version.
    Last edited by Masu; Apr 3, 2018 at 10:08 PM.

Personally I really wish the expert requirement is only for the solo XQ one. But objectively it's kind of weird when it comes from a multiplayer game, so I'm okay with it. But if there's anything to add or change, it's probably better if they separate the solo and party XQ content, and make an equally harder version for 4 player XQ so it doesn't sound like an "easier" version (which right now it literally is) compare to the solo one.

I wonder if adding a death limit to Earth & Phantoms would have worked.

And as stupid as it can sound, I'm not interested to get my token from 4p version.
    good on you man, what I like to see in a player willing to improve and not just take the easy road (but i wont judge you if you do the 4man, the sense of accomplishment on the solo is wonderful)

Quote Originally Posted by kurokyosuke View Post
    I wonder if adding a death limit to Earth & Phantoms would have worked.
    ya I think that would have made it somewhat fair at least, 5 deaths max

Quote Originally Posted by Saffran View Post
    You don't even need to cheese it out. Once you get past the first floor the rest is manageable.
    Ya I know but there are people who are struggling with deus either as a group or solo or (i havent heard yet) failing as a group the rest of the way. I couldnt say since duo'ing the 4 man feels like 4 people should manage just perfectly fine.