Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: 14* Drop rate

Quote Originally Posted by Hysteria1987 View Post
    I'd seriously love that, though the power creep with affixes etc would also make it hard to stay on top.

No 14* here either, but then for my class what's out there isn't great, so I'm not all that bothered. I'd like a Rykros Staff for memeing though. I'd even go out of my way to use it, just to disappoint everyone around me.

I too have heard it suggested (without evidence of course, just suspicion) that 14*s are independent of RDR, and everyone's anecdotes of finding things with just a 250% etc etc. If that is true, I doubt SEGA would ever mention it though - can you imagine the community outcry? People would come out of the woodwork typing in fullcaps about how much AC they threw at 300%s.
    Huuuh...no. It's just people not understanding how RDR works.
    Basically RDR is just a multiplier. And as such the net gain there is from having it diminishes the lower the odds of getting something. It isn't helped at all by the drop hierarchy set in place.

Say you stack *5 rare drop multiplier going fullblown and stuff : the *14 at 0.1% chances of dropping will only be pushed to 0.5%, in other words abysmal is just slightly less abysmal. Plus higher rarities are always checked first on rolls, meaning for each EQ, the game will roll the *14 items first, and if (when) you don't get it, it's done for said EQ run, the game will then roll the lower rarity weapons, misc items and finally units. People are just used to RDR having a huge impact because cubing fodder, and even *13 to some extent, have high base rate so the RDR siginificantly increases your chances of getting one, or in case of cube fodders, how many you will successfully roll. As for the higher number of items, it only applies to area drops, which is probably why SEGA kept horribly low *14 rates on stuff like LQ and UQ : even the slightest overshoot could result in a rain of *14 in this case, whereas it's easier to control in raid EQs since *14 are tied to the boss drop rate pool. Those aren't influenced by the item multiplicating effect of RDR.

tl;dr RNG works as intended
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Apr 8, 2018 at 05:05 AM.

Let's make it simple: we have 15 slot drop from a boss crystal without any boosts. These slots roll for a drop item and you see a result laying on the ground after crystal break.
    I dunno how RDR influences to this roll but it visually increases number of these slots in drop. And with 300% RDR we got our 15 slots to 45.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulastar View Post
    Let's make it simple: we have 15 slot drop from a boss crystal without any boosts. These slots roll for a drop item and you see a result laying on the ground after crystal break.
    I dunno how RDR influences to this roll but it visually increases number of these slots in drop. And with 300% RDR we got our 15 slots to 45.
    Basically the hierarchy goes like this
    *14 up to *10 > common items > common weapons > common units > mesetas > nothing
    RDR only gives you more drops because it minimizes the chances of hitting nothing since you'll fill up those slots with all the things coming before. however the rate of each item will only be multiplied by the value of your RDR, so that if you stack 300% RDR, it will be a flat *4 increase and nothing more

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

that and the game rolls on rares for each "level range" in the drop table; those level ranges are in ranges of 5, from 1-5 and 6-10 and so on. Also, you only roll on items in the top few tables, so lower-grade rares can be pushed out if they don't include them on higher-level tables.

you roll on the stuff in the 76-80 table first, then 71-75, and maybe a few more down; and within each table is where they seem to do the rarity hierarchy thing. There's also the Main Class Equipable bonus, which rolls for designated Main Class Equipable items before anything else in that drop table, then rolls for them again in their normal location in the hierarchy should you fail rolling everything else that's normally before it. 14* weapons have been confirmed by the dev team to not get the main class bonus, as I take it they don't want to influence MPA composition that way.

Items on multiple drop range tables often have much worse odds in the lower level tables; for instance, when the Gal Gryphon limited quest started, the level 75 Anga was found to drop Ares weapons far less than the level 80 Angas in ultimate quests. which is kind of astounding considering how much trouble anga hunting gave people back in the early-ish days of Ultimate.

Sometimes a 13* weapon series might not benefit from main class bonus; but you can spot places where the Main Class Bonus applies to what gear pretty easily, simply by checking the item record and seeing if all three Hero weapons are at or near the top of the list. Talis could throw things off a little since those would drop for any Forces or Techers, which are on the rise again now that people are getting their hands on EPDs and Atra rods, the changes to compound tech cooldowns, and seeing how big of a help Techer buffs can be in Atrum and the new Extreme Quest.

it seems to me like sub-13* gear in recent content do not benefit from main-class bonus either, so I don't think there is any real risk of pushing your RDR too high and forcing sub 13* items to drop before even getting a chance to roll on 14* gear at least. At most, you might push it too high and remove the chance to roll on the 71-75 table, but I assume that table's rates for 14*s should be similar to the 14* drop rate from elder, loser, apprentice, and mining base final crystals.

There's also the discourse over 14* weapons not using the main class bonus too, as it seems that it's been pretty rare for people to get a 14* drop for the class they prefer to main; but that's a whole 'nother problem that would at best be solved by just replacing the 14* drops with like a ticket or something that lets you pick what you want. but even with them adding the Champions Crest thing and heck even the Chronos stone drops from atrum, I doubt they will ever actually realize this idea.
    Last edited by Zorak000; Apr 8, 2018 at 12:39 PM.

14* Drop Rates - I’ve had very good luck because I have gotten some 14* with no boost at all , or just a 250. This is in past 2 months - Attachment 41586 I am not doing anything special. Rng just has been nice , duno. Also the spread needle I got in the LQ trigger , the forest one. We failed the joker because I had to afk and was a party of 3/4. I had hardly any boost for a Forest trigger failed joker run, and got the needle. Not sure what that means , but I feel your rdr isn’t too crazy important for a good shot at a 14. Like in my case - 4 14* drops in 2 months - epd. Needle. Boots. Big blue Lego sword , not including atra tmg and 400/500 crests.
    Last edited by Digital Doom; Apr 9, 2018 at 09:37 AM.
    Susi
    Ship 2

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Doom View Post
    14* Drop Rates - I’ve had very good luck because I have gotten some 14* with no boost at all , or just a 250. This is in past 2 months - Attachment 41586 I am not doing anything special. Rng just has been nice , duno. Also the spread needle I got in the LQ trigger , the forest one. We failed the joker because I had to afk and was a party of 3/4. I had hardly any boost for a Forest trigger failed joker run, and got the needle. Not sure what that means , but I feel your rdr isn’t too crazy important for a good shot at a 14. Like in my case - 4 14* drops in 2 months - epd. Needle. Boots. Big blue Lego sword , not including atra tmg and 400/500 crests.
    Same here 4 drops: Quelle Scarlett, Jupiter Tullus and 2 Dual Birds (sic!). And all drops without any triboosts on with only 250 RDR.

Quelle Scarlett I got from common scheduled Deus run. I stop to use an extra boosts for them a long time ago.

1st Dual Bird I got from Atrum in rematch. Fight took about 20 mins and my common boosts already ended. I had 100% triboost in my inventory and used it right before Atrum's death without any illusions about future drop.
    And was pleasantly surprised after 'cause it's only this one 14* came unidentified.

Jupiter Tullus was from Yamato's rematch. Same with 1st Dual Bird - lame partymates made a fight into disaster. But drop changed my mood to an opposite.

And 2nd Dual Bird was really unexpected. Common 12 ppl dragon with common 250 RDR only.

so from what I 'm gathering from this, there is no magic RDR number to stay at, even though I swear it was raining 13*s for me when I had some dumb amount of RDR going a few times (like just RDR booster and half my daily boost)

I'm kinda curious if assuming 14*s have a base 0.1% drop rate (probably much lower), then stacking RDR+triboost 125+daily boost+party bonus+premium Drink and Premium Triboost would result in around a 0.55% chance of rolling one, which I guess a 1/200 chance is much better than a 1/1000 chance.

got 3 in 30 days and saw another 3 drop for party member
    14* drop rate feel like better than abysmal rate now hope you get some soon
    Last edited by oratank; Apr 10, 2018 at 04:41 AM.