Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 81516171819 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hysteria1987 View Post
    I'm more annoyed at that new concert and Rainy more than anything. This might be the first time in the history of this game that this has ever been said, but I feel EQs are getting in the way of more relevant game content!
    It's mostly the concert, permanent content going desolate for EM is no big deal since at least they have some incentive to run, but the concert is a whole different level of bullshit. Had an absolutely awesome mpa in forest and then it just died 40 fucking minutes before the EM for the sake of that shitty persona concert and a useless 10% triboost. And every em has a concert this week...

So like, has the drop rate in EF dropped or is it just RNG being RNG?
    『Founder of the Church of Bah-Rehst』

Quote Originally Posted by Suirano View Post
    The boost is gone, so yeah.

You guys think you are unlucky?

I have been playing pso2 since the beta and i have literally never owned a current-content-relevant piece of equipment.

I never got a 10 star weapon until they removed the ticket/exchange requirement and once i bought that 10 star it was pretty much all i owned all the way up to when they started giving welfare weaponry.

Until the release of the HERO i pretty much managed to perform exclusively by buying myself a Dragon Slayer (and later Dragon Slayer NT) and abusing it´s potential to raise regular attacks so i could more or less contribute to EQ´s in a somewhat respectable fashion.

My current Atra Farder is literally the peak of my loot related achievements in this game.

And i am still going around with pre-12 welfare units because i never got a single piece to drop , not from bonus, not from polytan and not from pretty much anything else i have ever done.

I can solo Profound Darkness but it too refuses to drop anything noteworthy <w<

Witchcraft, witchcraft i say!

I'm giving up the hunt for now myself, or at least until the next boost rolls around.

I've almost got enough tickets for a second EPD, and almost enough excubes for a grind cap increase - a cap of 32 can do for now, and besides, one of these days the 14* Austere weapons will roll around, and they may (or may not) be better anyways. As a FO I've decided it's probably in my best interests to keep with the Austere unit set rather than keep hoping for a Hang Bode.

I'll keep playing it - you never know what might happen - but only casually. I'll probably spend more time in Endless Quests, since I find those fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Suirano View Post
    Rng being rng. I got more 14s this weekin a 3 day period than during the boosted2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Atmius View Post
    Rng being rng. I got more 14s this weekin a 3 day period than during the boosted2 weeks.
    Me too. I got 2 14* drops in EF before the boost period. ZERO 14* drops during boost period ( played even more EF during boosted weeks). And now I got 2 more 14* drops after the boost period ended. Both Dupes (epd and rykros), but that’s beside the point that 14* have also been dropping more for me without “boost week” or even any boost for that matter. I just use 250% rdr and a occasional 125% when I can afford the Sg. It’s all just luck and rolling dice each time you enter the EF.

Just got a second demonia saber , dropped off of a floating eyeball about 15 minutes ago.
    Last edited by Digital Doom; Jun 11, 2018 at 07:36 AM.
    Susi
    Ship 2

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Doom View Post
    Me too. I got 2 14* drops in EF before the boost period. ZERO 14* drops during boost period ( played even more EF during boosted weeks). And now I got 2 more 14* drops after the boost period ended. Both Dupes (epd and rykros), but that’s beside the point that 14* have also been dropping more for me without “boost week” or even any boost for that matter. I just use 250% rdr and a occasional 125% when I can afford the Sg. It’s all just luck and rolling dice each time you enter the EF.
    Boost week is pretty much irrelevant when we're talking with low area drop rates like this. every enemy having something like 0.001% chance of dropping makes it that triboost only pushes it to 0.0015% chances (numbers made up but you get the point). Since the net increase is low, it's still purely RNG. The boost is only a very minor improvement in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    Boost week is pretty much irrelevant when we're talking with low area drop rates like this. every enemy having something like 0.001% chance of dropping makes it that triboost only pushes it to 0.0015% chances (numbers made up but you get the point). Since the net increase is low, it's still purely RNG. The boost is only a very minor improvement in that regard.
    Still, seeing people not getting drops during boost week but get more of them before the boost week is kind of weird!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCZ View Post
    Still, seeing people not getting drops during boost week but get more of them before the boost week is kind of weird!
    It's the nature of RNG, similarly to how you'd fail a catalyst upslot on boost week, but succeed it without despite the vastly lower odds. The only thing that can mitigate the RNG when dealing with low odds is quantity of tries/time spent. And it doesn't even guarantee you great success, it merely increases/decreases the chances of you being cucked the more tries you get/time you spend. If everybody could spend 500 000 hours on Enchanted Forest, then the odds/discrepancies would start lowering, because the guy that got tons of stuff the first hours would at some point get less while the one who got nothing in the first 100 hours would eventually get things. But nobody has that kind of time so RNG rules, simple as that
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Jun 11, 2018 at 08:43 AM.